Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fifth Wheel/Rv Motorcycle Lift  (Read 15765 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Fifth Wheel/Rv Motorcycle Lift
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »

Yup, you see pistons and hoses. It has a mechanical lock in case the hydraulics fail.

Same here on the lock. Is it electric hydraulics or manual pump? Mine would be too heavy to blotto a bumper like that. Do you happen to know the carrying capacity?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »

Same here on the lock. Is it electric hydraulics or manual pump? Mine would be too heavy to blotto a bumper like that. Do you happen to know the carrying capacity?

Its electric hydraulic operated by a plug in remote, so you pretty much stand back and watch it go up or down. I'm not sure of the carrying capacity but pretty sure he said 1000 lbs. There arn't too many fifth wheels rated to hang anything like this on the back, but his was ok. Very slick especially here in CA since pulling two trailers is not legal.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 07:14:05 PM »

Thank you.

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »

Very Nice setup. I parked by a guy last year in Daytona that had one of these. He was hauling a Ultra. I was very impressed with it.
 Only time I seen him ride his bike is when he pulled around to the back of his motorhome to load it up.
LOL.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »

Would like to do that to my 5th wheel as well but don't know if it could handle the added weight. It's a triple axle but weighs 14,500 by itself. I did see a guy that had his ATV on a floating platform that was attached to his 5th wheel and had a center single spring loaded wheel as a caster. I don't recall if it could be lowered for a bike or if he just used ramps to load his atv. Could probably engineered into the build.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »

From what I understand there are only three 5th wheel manufactures that have the smaller 30 foot units rated to add this lift. I can get more information the next time I see my brother in law. 

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »

Looks like a stock hydra lift.  Go to www.hydralift-usa.com to see more info.  I use an Overbilt like Rob has.  It works well.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »

Looks like a stock hydra lift.  Go to www.hydralift-usa.com to see more info.  I use an Overbilt like Rob has.  It works well.

Thanks for the link, that's the one he has on his 5th wheel.  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »

I believe the 5th wheel is an Excel Winslow....a very, very nice RV! :2vrolijk_21:  I just looked it up on RV Consumer Group and it's one of a few rated at the top.

And yes, they are rated to haul a motorcycle on the back.  From their web site:

Hydralift Motorcycle Carrier (34' & Below)
Haul your motorcycle anywhere with our frame-mounted Hydralift™ (available on 33 ft. models and below)

It looks as though the axels are set back further than the typical 5th wheel of equal size.  I'm wondering what kind of pin weight that puts on the front and what his tow vehicle is?

The first 5th wheel that's grabbed my interest since I bought the Fox Mountain.  Looks to be kind of the CVO of RVs.....I'll have to look in to this trailer a bit more. :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.excelrvs.com/   

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »

He does have an Excel and tows it with a Dodge 3500 diesel dually 4X4. All in all they are happy campers with this set up. They are staying at one of those high end RV parks that has a large shaded patio with a complete outdoor kitchen/family room.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:48:59 PM by grandpadoc »

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »

There arn't too many fifth wheels rated to hang anything like this on the back, but his was ok. Very slick especially here in CA since pulling two trailers is not legal.
Actually pulling doubles if the first is a fifth wheel/goosneck is legal in Ca. with the proper endorsments or class licence. Certain requirements including trailer and overall length, GVW, etc.. No endorsement is needed If you are from out of state and your state allows doubles, although a med. crt. may be required

Great set uo your brother has though.  :2vrolijk_21: Much better than towing doubles

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »

He does have an Excel and tows it with a Dodge 3500 diesel dually 4X4. All in all they are happy campers with this set up. They are staying at one of those high end RV parks that has a large shaded patio with a complete outdoor kitchen/family room.  

Loaded he's probably close to his max. GVWR.  That trailer, like most true all season trailers, is really heavy.  My Fox Mountain is also an all season trailer (heated holding tanks, thermopane windows, all plumbing is run in heated space under the floors, etc.) but that trailer's dry weight is about 5,000 lbs. heavier than mine and that's without his motorcycle. :o

Tow wise, if he has a newer truck, he probably barely knows it's there.  It's the stopping that becomes an issue.  But I did notice that trailer has discs brakes.  I studied the brochure today and did a little more internet searching today....that is a very nice trailer and will certainly be on my list as a contender if I ever buy another one.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »

Like with bikes its a slippery slope. He is thinking about getting a Freightliner SportChassis next and a bigger fifth wheel/toy hauler.  :o

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »

...but when you can pull into something like this

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »

...and do this, why be saddled down with a permanent zip code ??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.