Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: FLHTCSE Ride Report  (Read 16484 times)

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
FLHTCSE Ride Report
« on: October 01, 2003, 11:32:04 AM »

Took the FLHTCSE for a 70 mile run last night afterwork.  Here are some early comments about the bike:

Being 6.4", the stock windshield is to low.  The air comes off the fairing funny and makes the sounds like when you only open the front windows of a car.  Being that high causes the radio to sound distorted.  When I leaned over a few inches, the sound went away and the radio sounded great.  Taller riders will probably need to go with a higher windshield.

The bike comes with a special owners manual.  The break-in speeds are a little higher.  The biggest thing it recommends is not to exceed 3500 rpms in any gear during the first 500 miles.  The book claims you can run up to 75mph in 5 gear during the first 500 miles.

I have never had a front fairing before.  Georgia nights have been fairly cool this week.  I was amazed at how little wind gets to my hands.  I wore opened fingered gloves and was comfortable even with the outside temperature at 60 degrees.

As handling goes, its the best Harley I have owned so far (this is my 4th bike).  It seems very stable at all speeds.  Feels like I could ride with no hands.  Corners very well.  Havent done any hairpins yet, but did some nice sweeping turns.  

This bike is almost a inch lower then most touring models.  I had to go over several speed bumps, it hasnt bottomed out yet.

Gas mileage seems a little higher too, which is suprising me.  I guess the larger engine doesnt have to work as hard.  I am at 130 miles and the guage still reads half a tank.  Will wait and see what actual mileage is when i have to fill up.

Sound - Actually for a stock Harley, its sounds pretty good.  When its idiling it sounds just like a bike with high performance pipes.  At higher speeds, it still has a nice sound but just kind of quite.  Not as quite as my friend's 03 ultra with stock pipes.

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
Re: FLHTCSE Ride Report
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 01:01:11 PM »

Great to hear your thoughts. I have one due in in three weeks so we can compare notes. I am right at 6'0 so it will be interesting to see how the wind hits me! Keep us posted on other thoughts and comments and I will do the same.

Biggmon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 05:13:19 PM »

Ok I have sold everything. I have all my money together to purchase mine when it comes in. I ordered a orange one so I guess I will be waiting for awhile. I wonder if the orange one goes faster then the Black/Blue one, Ha Ha Ha.
Darren

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 09:08:48 AM »

Ride Report #2:  70 Miles after work.

103 Cubic inch engine, Kickin Stereo System, rider's backrest, cruise control:  This bike was made to go on long rides.  Why in the hell would Harley put such a terrible seat on a $30,000 bike.  I am a fairly thin person, so I dont have much padding of my own on my back half.  I put 20,000 miles on my Road King stock seat.  After a few hundred miles, I would start to butt crawl.  But the seat on the FLHTCSE, my butt hurts after 10 miles.  If you are curious about what the seat will feel like.  Put a piece of plywood in your car seat and drive to work.  Thats about the same feeling.  I dont think I will even wait for the 1000 mile service to change this piece of sh##!

On the plus side, the riders back rest is awesome.  This is a feature every touring bike should have.  Once I replace the seat, having a backrest like this will make long (300 to 400) mile days a breeze.

If you enjoy music while you ride, you will love the stereo on this bad boy.  I road with a friend last night, he said it was pretty clear following me at 55 mph when I had it cranked up.  Once I raise my windshield height, I shouldnt have to crank it all the way up at high speeds.

Bike Color:  Starlight Black stands for "weird purple"  It looks great, but I dont know if Harley should have used the word black.  If you get this color scheme, I hope you enjoy washing your bike.  This color scheme shows every bit of dust and all water marks.  If you use S100 wax, make sure it doesnt have any smears.  That will show as well.  Those of you getting the orange and black probably wont have this problem.

Wheels:  The wheels on this bike are beautiful, but how in the hell do you clean them with dual breaks?  My Road King had stock wheels.  I never really worried about getting them to clean since they really cant be seen by the breaks and saddlebags.  But the chrome wheels on the FLHTCSE standout alot.  

Insurance:  Having the 103 caused my insurance rate to go up, but having the siren from hell reduces the rate so it kind of washes out in the end.  Progressive also gave me a discount for being a HOG member and for passing the Advance Riders course a year ago.  So when it was all over, my new insurance was actually cheaper then my Road King.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 10:16:28 AM »

i dont know if thats the same backrest that came on the 02 SERK, but i hated it. used it on the ride home from the dealers about 110 miles then took it off and havent used it since. the stingray seat isnt the most comfortable either. but i have survived days ridng between 300-500+ miles so i havent changed it yet, no plans to currently. i've tried to keep the original looks of the bike as best i can.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 05:25:36 PM »

The bike is finally broke in.   [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  It has 630 miles on it and I am still in love.  

The power of the 103 is more then I expected.  Stock this bike does 90mph under 3500 rpms.  The passing power I was always lacking in my old road king is sure present in the FLHTCSE.

I love mountain riding and this bike makes the experience so much more enjoyable.  But, if you hate scraping floor boards, you may want to avoid really sharp turns or roads with hair pin turns.  Turns that my road king would take without scraping, the FLHTCSE drags the pavement just a little.  But I'll take the scraping in exchange for a much better handling bike and riding experience.  No one looks under the boards anyways.  After a few mountain trips, I should scrape off enough of the floorboards that I shouldnt hear it anymore anyways.  I am riding the dragon tale in a few weeks, that should sand down the bottom of the floorboards pretty good.

I installed a slightly taller windshield and what a huge difference it has made.  I dont eat  near as many bugs and my face isnt frozen when i depart first thing in the morning.  I can also hear the radio at 65mph without having to crank it up full blast.  I would definitely recommend this change to anyone over 6'2 buying this bike.

starvin

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 06:43:47 PM »

got up into the upper 40's today so we got to put on the first 100 miles, the bike feels great but seems to backfire some decelerating will have to gave this checked out. the pipes aren't quite as loud as i'd like but sound good and will still have to be carefull when theres cops around.  I really like the 9in. windshield i can still wear a baseball cap as long as its tight and see over the top. I like the stock seat but my wife was asking how long before the mustang seat arives so that will be the end of the stock seat.  otherwise the bike got alot of attention from other people and some laughs from some guys at a bar that just came in from golfing.  imagine that people golfing in 40 degree weather, they didn't understand why i was laughing at them?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 10:45:20 AM »

Liketoride can you tell me what windshield you went with?  Part #?  Is it tinted?

I'm 6'4" and I had already guessed the same problem.  I have already posted a question about the seat, too.  Has anybody put a Corbin seat on theirs?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 09:50:04 AM »

1/2 way thru break-in
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 10:41:13 AM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 01:04:16 AM »

Yup, just found the same thread and visited Ebay to place the order. I also sent them an email to see if they can make the 9" in a dark tint. I think I could use the extra inch...

Thanks for the info!!! [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI

SixtySeven

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 01:07:52 AM »

LiketoRide or JCZ, did anyone ever answer the question on whether the 9" shield was tinted? I am 6'7" (hence the nickname from an old flame) and definitely would like to bump up the height. I added the SEEG  for a lot of reasons, one was to have a bike that I'm not eating as many bugs on as my BigDog. Unfortunately, with the stock shield, it's pretty much the same as riding without one.
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
01 FXSTDI

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 01:21:32 AM »

LiketoRide or JCZ, did anyone ever answer the question on whether the 9" shield was tinted? I am 6'7" (hence the nickname from an old flame) and definitely would like to bump up the height. I added the SEEG
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 09:06:02 AM »

I got an 8" dark tinted windshield from one of the threads on this board.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 02:30:46 PM »

67 keep me posted on what you find out on the bigger, dark tinted shield.

Cabo I'm 6'4" and 225lbs. petite!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 02:36:03 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

SixtySeven

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 11:16:07 PM »

JCZ, will do. Sent the email last nite and was hoping for a response today but didn't get it. Will call them monday if no response tomorrow.
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
01 FXSTDI

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 10:26:09 AM »

I put the 8" dark tint windshield on my bike before I took off to the bay area, on Friday.  At 6'4" it's what I needed.  So much better! [smiley=6.gif]  I'm a happy camper now.

It's tall enough that it sends the wind up over my head but short enough that it still looks pretty cool, especially dark tinted.  And now I could put a windshield bag on their, if I wanted to.

What do you guys do to keep extra CD's within reach, on the long trips?  eGlide Goodies makes those pouches that go on the leg fairings glove boxes.  But it seems to me that you run the obvious risk of your CD's being taken if you're not within sight of your bike besides that fact that they would not look cool.  What do you guys do?

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 03:40:17 PM »

I went on my first orginized ride over the weekend. I'm guessing 500 bikes.  I rode up with about 50 other bikes, Not much fun, they didn't go fast enough.
I saw 3 SEEG's counting mine out of the 500. I spoke to one of the guys and told him about this web site. I hope he comes in.

Lots of people interested in the bike.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 03:42:17 PM »

What do you guys do to keep extra CD's within reach, on the long trips?  eGlide Goodies makes those pouches that go on the leg fairings glove boxes.  But it seems to me that you run the obvious risk of your CD's being taken if you're not within sight of your bike besides that fact that they would not look cool.  What do you guys do?

C'mon JCZ...spend some more cash.  I swear by my IPod.  It holds every CD I own, and doesn't skip.  It lines right into the AUX port, and plays for 8 hours on a charge.  It will also charge on the cigarette lighter...

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2004, 03:42:52 PM »

Handlebar mounted also.....

starvin

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 03:52:36 PM »

At 6'1" I have the 9" windshield and it works perfect not much wind and I'm still looking over it by a few inches. I think the 8"er would not of been much dfferent and at about $90 difference I would of went that way but got Doc's post too late.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »

C'mon JCZ...spend some more cash.

West Coast GTG   

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 09:40:21 PM »

It's MAC's version of an mp3 player, and damn expensive. about $400.00 for a good one. [smiley=rolleyes5.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 03:14:10 PM »

HAHA.....You guys crack me UP!!!

And I'm always at work when you want pics.....

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 03:15:45 PM »

Or

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 03:26:22 PM »

Yes, it's made by Apple...but it works with PC...so you IBMers...check it out.  Yes, the back is chrome...can you believe it?  The 20GB unit holds, oh, somewhere around 4000 songs.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 03:27:19 PM »

This fits the handlebars perfectly...

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 05:51:13 PM »

Doc,

Great pics, thanks!  You answered the main question I had about whether or not it worked with PC's.  Pepsi had a bottle top game that just ended recently where you could win a free download from iPod.  I downloaded the PC version of the iTunes software to be able to get the freebies.  I assumed the iPod itself would also work with PC's, but wasn't sure until now.  Where's the best place to order the iPod and the handlebar mount online?

Also, have you got a photo of it mounted on your SEEG?!?

Thanks!!!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2004, 08:22:46 AM »

Doc how water proof is it and does it come with a remote, I am currently using a mini disc player.  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2004, 10:42:16 AM »

And yet another question ....... where the hell ya get mp3's?

I looked at a couple of places, they want to charge me for software that'll make any mp3's on my computer available to other subscribers. Then I can peruse the files on their computers. I'm thinking that I don't wanna just open my 'puter up to just anyone with their software. If I'm not mistaken, they wanted $.99 per mp3 also to download it. Aw, maybe I'm getting 2 different sites mixed up here. One place was Napster ..... can't remember the name of the other one.

Bikr

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2004, 05:44:33 PM »

Man...I skip a day on here and I have a busy night to deal with....haaaa

OK here goes:
One)  It's a sealed unit, except for ports.  The face is totally waterproof because it is fully seamless.  Pretty Cool.  The rotary dial you see on the front is touch sensitive, and therefore stays sealed.  If you get the 20GB (for around $400) it comes with a dock and yes, a wired remote (chrome, of course).  Way cool looking.  Picture of it mounted on the bike?  I'll try tonight.  Depends on how crazy my daughter is when I get home.  She just started walking.  OK......MP3s

ITunes software (included with IPod) will "rip" your whole CD collection to MP3 format.  If you get online while you do it, it will download song/album info also, for the display when the MP3 is playing.  There is also an IPod MINI that is brand new, smaller, and less expensive.  I haven't used it, but have used the IPOD extensively.  Never a skip yet, even when the bike is sitting there idling/chugging and shaking.  It's a little hard drive (1.8") and it has 25 MINUTE SKIP PROTECTION!!!!  Amazing.  You can also "share" MP3s online, but this is getting into borderline illegal, and people are getting sued nowadays for this kind of stuff.  If you want to share music and not have to wonder about getting sued, merely borrow CDs from friends, library, etc.  Then you can freely rip them to your computer and use them forever.  I wouldn't get caught sharing them online.  No real benefit, and there is a risk, although small.  I bought the MARWARE case (neoprene) and the matching bike holder, and I think it can be made to be pretty water resistant.  Not much rain gets into the fairing at any type of speed anyway.  Wrap it in plastic and use the remote...no worries I bet.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2004, 05:45:36 PM »

Did I get all the questions?  Was that from Psycho or sponserv?  Haaaa.
You guys are great.  I'll try to get a mounted photo tonight.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2004, 05:54:24 PM »

Man...I skip a day on here and I have a busy night to deal with....haaaa

OK here goes:
One)

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2004, 06:35:11 PM »

Doc will correct me if I'm wrong, but the iTunes software (other software is probably similar) stores music on your computer's hard drive in one of four formats: MP3, AAC, AIFF, or WAV with MP3 and AAC being the highest quality and MP3 being the most commonly used.  To get your CD's (or any single song or songs off of a CD, for that matter) into the MP3 format, all you do is insert the CD into your computer's CD drive, start the iTunes software, tell it you want the MP3 format and drag the songs you want to your iTunes library.  It's as simple as can be.  The iPod probably then connects to your PC or MAC's USB port for downloading the MP3's, but Doc would have to confirm that.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 09:05:55 PM »

OK...here's a photo of it on my bars...

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2004, 09:18:14 PM »

and

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2004, 09:48:03 PM »

Doc will correct me if I'm wrong, but the iTunes software (other software is probably similar) stores music on your computer's hard drive in one of four formats: MP3, AAC, AIFF, or WAV with MP3 and AAC being the highest quality and MP3 being the most commonly used.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 10:01:57 PM »

OK...I'll try this now.  Seems I isolated it.
OK...Ripping is taking the raw audio format (.wav) and converting it to MP3 or WMA or something else.  These are then able to be used by another device.  MP3 is by far the most common.  My computer (AMD 2600+) can 'rip' an entire disc in about 2 minutes.  So I spent a weekend working around the house and changing discs.  My 20GB IPod is now about full at 3642 songs.  Now most people do not need that much space, but I take it to work and plug it into a cheap pair of computer speakers, and it plays all day without charging.
It does plug into the computer via USB or firewire.  Most PCs now have USB.  Some have firewire.  (USB cable costs extra and is not standard with IPod)
Here's another major selling point, and a big reason why I went this direction, instead of a much cheaper MP3 player of similar size.  IPod is now into its third generation.  They have been around a while, and have been improved a lot.  Support is guaranteed.  It's a major name, and not some fly-by-night little company that could disappear with your $$$ and a broken unit...OK on to the major selling point.
As it is basically just a tiny high-performance hard drive and a view screen, you can access the hard drive by itself for storage.  What does that mean?  Well, not much unless you use your imagination.
Ever take a digital camera on a trip and run low on memory card space?  I have...had to start deleting 'less important' pictures.  Are there less important pictures?  Not really.  So here's a little LARGE capacity hard drive that at the end of your day can be used as a photo dump from your digital camera.  That way every morning you start with an empty camera and never lose a picture.
It beats hauling a laptop in the saddlebag.  Haa.  I actually did that once.  It sucked, but it worked.  This solution, no matter if a bit expensive, beats the heck outta that.
If I didn't cover it all...lemme know.  I've done the research, and went with this.  I've never bought an Apple piece of equipment before, and thought I never would.  But they hit a grand slam with this one, and even I can be converted for the right reasons.  Hope this helps.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 11:50:03 PM »

Man, we gotta be from different generations.  All that seems so foreign to me.  I'm a knuckle head when it comes to the computer. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2004, 08:15:27 AM »

Thanks for the info may have to dump the mini disc for an Ipod.  How hard is it to dump pics to Doc? Do you need a special cable?  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2004, 09:13:01 AM »

Doc, on the remote transmitter, would that work if it were mounted in the glovebox in the lowers? tourpak? I would like to keep mine out of site when I go this way. What is the distance on your signal? could a rider nearby pick up the signal?

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2004, 02:08:38 PM »

JCZ, yes, I'm afraid we may be from different generations.  I'm only 29.  First computer at age 5.  OK here's version two...

Remote transmitter...well, it sucked.  Here's a cheaper and better quality way.  One small wire that yes, could stretch from the glovebox to the AUX port of the stereo.  Here's why remote transmitter sucked...

First, it transmits lo-fi.  This makes it sound tinny at best.  You really won't enjoy the high-quality stereo sound that our stereos are capable of producing.  I bought one, and tried it, and then promptly took it back.  The wire is MUCH better...from sound quality at least.  So distance...not sure of the distance.  It was NOT worth the bad sound quality to me.  But then again, I';m quite the audiophile.  If you just wanted driving tunes and don't care about quality, then I'm sure it would work fine.  (I assume most people here want high-quality, or they wouldn't be reading so much on these topics anyway.)

Pics...
There is a small plug-in adapter that you can purchase which fits the ports of the IPod.  All you do is plug this into the IPod and take the media card out of your camera and put the card into the IPod adapter.  It then has on-screen menus to allow you to take the pics into the IPod.  I haven't used this yet, but have read a bunch about it and people love this feature.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2004, 03:59:50 PM »

Doc,
Is the clip that you used to mount the IPOD to the handlebars the standard belt clip that comes with the IPOD?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 04:01:30 PM by h2oski »

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2004, 04:15:03 PM »

Try here...
http://www.marware.com/3GBASIC.html
The bike holder is on the bottom of this screen.  I wouldn't use the case that comes with the IPod.  It scratches the chrome and the face.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2004, 05:18:52 PM »

Doc,

How about the iPod itself?  Where's the best place to buy?

Thanks for all the good info. you've provided!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2004, 08:15:46 AM »

Doc thanks for the info on the pictures, glad you young guys are up on all this techno stuff.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2004, 08:29:42 AM »

IMHO the Ipod is cool but does not look too good on the handlebars. I posted a few months ago about changing out the HD CD player AND still using all of the stock hand controls. I did this on a Road Rod AND on my SERG.

If you do this then you can get the Neo Hard Drive in 20, 40, 60 80 or even 120GB! They sell interfaces for Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood Etc. that just plug into the back of the CD player and make it appear as a CD changer to your head unit. You can then mount it in a trunk or saddlebag and USE YOUR HD hand controls to operate it while driving down the road! Artists and Song Titles will appear on your CD player's face plate and you can even set up play lists etc and control them from the stock hand controls.

However, although I AM from JCZ's generation and a knucklehead, I AM ALSO cumputer knowledgeable and this may have helped me, [smiley=laugh.gif]
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2004, 09:43:35 AM »

As far as looks on the handlebars...I agree.  But then again...it is very functional.  Trade off.  Some people will put up with it...some people will go to a lot of hard work to make it look better.  Either way you choose is the best way for you.  

As far as where to buy an IPod...I think the prices are set by Apple.  $400 was what I bought it for a while back.  I think everywhere that sells them is required to keep the same price.  CompUSA (not sure how widespread this company is) is where I bought mine.  They also have a bunch of accessories.  Try the website maybe.  I know they sell stuff there.

SixtySeven

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2004, 11:24:40 PM »

You guys should check out the Dell DJ. Substantially cheaper than a IPod for the same or more functionality/capacity. However, I could be biased.  [smiley=blush.gif]

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/dj?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
01 FXSTDI
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 24 queries.