Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: FLHTCSE Ride Report  (Read 16373 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: FLHTCSE Ride Report
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 10:26:09 AM »

I put the 8" dark tint windshield on my bike before I took off to the bay area, on Friday.  At 6'4" it's what I needed.  So much better! [smiley=6.gif]  I'm a happy camper now.

It's tall enough that it sends the wind up over my head but short enough that it still looks pretty cool, especially dark tinted.  And now I could put a windshield bag on their, if I wanted to.

What do you guys do to keep extra CD's within reach, on the long trips?  eGlide Goodies makes those pouches that go on the leg fairings glove boxes.  But it seems to me that you run the obvious risk of your CD's being taken if you're not within sight of your bike besides that fact that they would not look cool.  What do you guys do?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 03:40:17 PM »

I went on my first orginized ride over the weekend. I'm guessing 500 bikes.  I rode up with about 50 other bikes, Not much fun, they didn't go fast enough.
I saw 3 SEEG's counting mine out of the 500. I spoke to one of the guys and told him about this web site. I hope he comes in.

Lots of people interested in the bike.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 03:42:17 PM »

What do you guys do to keep extra CD's within reach, on the long trips?  eGlide Goodies makes those pouches that go on the leg fairings glove boxes.  But it seems to me that you run the obvious risk of your CD's being taken if you're not within sight of your bike besides that fact that they would not look cool.  What do you guys do?

C'mon JCZ...spend some more cash.  I swear by my IPod.  It holds every CD I own, and doesn't skip.  It lines right into the AUX port, and plays for 8 hours on a charge.  It will also charge on the cigarette lighter...

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2004, 03:42:52 PM »

Handlebar mounted also.....

starvin

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 03:52:36 PM »

At 6'1" I have the 9" windshield and it works perfect not much wind and I'm still looking over it by a few inches. I think the 8"er would not of been much dfferent and at about $90 difference I would of went that way but got Doc's post too late.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »

C'mon JCZ...spend some more cash.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 09:40:21 PM »

It's MAC's version of an mp3 player, and damn expensive. about $400.00 for a good one. [smiley=rolleyes5.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 03:14:10 PM »

HAHA.....You guys crack me UP!!!

And I'm always at work when you want pics.....

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 03:15:45 PM »

Or

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 03:26:22 PM »

Yes, it's made by Apple...but it works with PC...so you IBMers...check it out.  Yes, the back is chrome...can you believe it?  The 20GB unit holds, oh, somewhere around 4000 songs.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 03:27:19 PM »

This fits the handlebars perfectly...

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 05:51:13 PM »

Doc,

Great pics, thanks!  You answered the main question I had about whether or not it worked with PC's.  Pepsi had a bottle top game that just ended recently where you could win a free download from iPod.  I downloaded the PC version of the iTunes software to be able to get the freebies.  I assumed the iPod itself would also work with PC's, but wasn't sure until now.  Where's the best place to order the iPod and the handlebar mount online?

Also, have you got a photo of it mounted on your SEEG?!?

Thanks!!!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2004, 08:22:46 AM »

Doc how water proof is it and does it come with a remote, I am currently using a mini disc player.  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2004, 10:42:16 AM »

And yet another question ....... where the hell ya get mp3's?

I looked at a couple of places, they want to charge me for software that'll make any mp3's on my computer available to other subscribers. Then I can peruse the files on their computers. I'm thinking that I don't wanna just open my 'puter up to just anyone with their software. If I'm not mistaken, they wanted $.99 per mp3 also to download it. Aw, maybe I'm getting 2 different sites mixed up here. One place was Napster ..... can't remember the name of the other one.

Bikr

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2004, 05:44:33 PM »

Man...I skip a day on here and I have a busy night to deal with....haaaa

OK here goes:
One)  It's a sealed unit, except for ports.  The face is totally waterproof because it is fully seamless.  Pretty Cool.  The rotary dial you see on the front is touch sensitive, and therefore stays sealed.  If you get the 20GB (for around $400) it comes with a dock and yes, a wired remote (chrome, of course).  Way cool looking.  Picture of it mounted on the bike?  I'll try tonight.  Depends on how crazy my daughter is when I get home.  She just started walking.  OK......MP3s

ITunes software (included with IPod) will "rip" your whole CD collection to MP3 format.  If you get online while you do it, it will download song/album info also, for the display when the MP3 is playing.  There is also an IPod MINI that is brand new, smaller, and less expensive.  I haven't used it, but have used the IPOD extensively.  Never a skip yet, even when the bike is sitting there idling/chugging and shaking.  It's a little hard drive (1.8") and it has 25 MINUTE SKIP PROTECTION!!!!  Amazing.  You can also "share" MP3s online, but this is getting into borderline illegal, and people are getting sued nowadays for this kind of stuff.  If you want to share music and not have to wonder about getting sued, merely borrow CDs from friends, library, etc.  Then you can freely rip them to your computer and use them forever.  I wouldn't get caught sharing them online.  No real benefit, and there is a risk, although small.  I bought the MARWARE case (neoprene) and the matching bike holder, and I think it can be made to be pretty water resistant.  Not much rain gets into the fairing at any type of speed anyway.  Wrap it in plastic and use the remote...no worries I bet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.