Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: HD CEO Matt Levatich Fired  (Read 4740 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: HD CEO Matt Levatich Fired
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »

Nothing like locking the barn door AFTER the horses are gone.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 10:02:05 PM »

I think HD hung on to Levatich hoping for something that was never going to materialize.  Wonder who’s on deck?

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:07:27 AM »

Great ...now we have another new guy.....this Mr. new executive ran Puma. A sporting good company that makes tennis shoes.    Go figure...... :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

mark

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 07:48:02 AM »

Is that soup and cereal bar salesman HD fired available?

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »

Is it to much to ask for a CEO with some basic Industry knowledge or at least be an enthusiast.  Playing CEO lottery doesn't give much hope
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 08:31:51 PM »

Great ...now we have another new guy.....this Mr. new executive ran Puma. A sporting good company that makes tennis shoes.    Go figure...... :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

He was hired to improve the boot line up
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »

Zeitz (the new guy) is worth reserving judgment on.  For one of my side gigs I did some basic research on him just two or three years ago.  The track record is significant.

He took charge of Puma when he was young (30-ish) and the company was in trouble.  It's now an international powerhouse and doing much better than the German economy more generally.  He stayed with new ownership after Puma was acquired several years after his tenure began and reports suggest good work there as well. 

For a generation or so the guy has preached sustainability and eco-sound production in large business and doing that in ways that don't contradict business efficiency.  He was (if you believe the press) a big reason Harley is now doing the LiveWire.

He's only announced as a placeholder so far.  No clarification on how long-term he'll hold the reins.  Hell, there's no clarity on whether Harley's reins are worth holding for another generation; at least not without a major re-boot that would leave all of us old farts scratching our heads and wondering what the company and all its young whippersnapper new customers had become.

Hell, I wish just about any new guy luck and any company good fortune; both for its employees and its shareholders and its customers.  So for a short trip or a longer ride good fortune to the new German and any vision / change that might lead the company forward such that it can once again find ways to even get out of its own way.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »

Zeitz (the new guy) is worth reserving judgment on.  For one of my side gigs I did some basic research on him just two or three years ago.  The track record is significant.

He took charge of Puma when he was young (30-ish) and the company was in trouble.  It's now an international powerhouse and doing much better than the German economy more generally.  He stayed with new ownership after Puma was acquired several years after his tenure began and reports suggest good work there as well. 

For a generation or so the guy has preached sustainability and eco-sound production in large business and doing that in ways that don't contradict business efficiency.  He was (if you believe the press) a big reason Harley is now doing the LiveWire.

He's only announced as a placeholder so far.  No clarification on how long-term he'll hold the reins.  Hell, there's no clarity on whether Harley's reins are worth holding for another generation; at least not without a major re-boot that would leave all of us old farts scratching our heads and wondering what the company and all its young whippersnapper new customers had become.

Hell, I wish just about any new guy luck and any company good fortune; both for its employees and its shareholders and its customers.  So for a short trip or a longer ride good fortune to the new German and any vision / change that might lead the company forward such that it can once again find ways to even get out of its own way.

Maybe he can bring something to the table that will change the direction HD is heading, as well as redesign the footwear
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »

Maybe he can bring something to the table that will change the direction HD is heading, as well as redesign the footwear

I'm already seeing a new Bar and Shield logo with a cat and its claws coming through the backside.  Meow !!

mark

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 11:46:49 PM »

Isn’t the “new guy” just a place holder until the board selects the real new “real guy?”

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 05:24:44 AM »

I bet he will be a permanent place holder..

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »

I'm already seeing a new Bar and Shield logo with a cat and its claws coming through the backside.  Meow !!

I like Puma socks, have several pair.  Do not have any of their shoes.  My expectation is that HD sock sales are poised to soar.

HD investors are hoping to add a "t" to that, after the "s".

Wish them & him well.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »

I bet he will be a permanent place holder..

And I'd bet that will require some negotiation between the two and concessions from the Board to entice said new guy to take on the gig with whatever definition they might give permanence.  Taking the job at HD in today's environment might be uncomfortably similar to being the new manager of the Houston Astros.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »

And I'd bet that will require some negotiation between the two and concessions from the Board to entice said new guy to take on the gig with whatever definition they might give permanence.  Taking the job at HD in today's environment might be uncomfortably similar to being the new manager of the Houston Astros.

Well Said.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.