Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Polaris Can Am  (Read 1652 times)

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

Polaris Can Am
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »

I just did a 350 mile ride yesterday and noticed something very unusual.  I rode from Kansas City to Springfield Mo and back,and saw more Can Ams than any other bike on the road.  I figured that there must be a rally somewhere.  I know they are selling a fair amount of them but I was surprised at the number on the road.  In total count they were right at 40% of what was out there.  I tried to see if there was a rally mentioned on the net but have come up short on finding one.  The Can Am where all heading south so it must be a rally or Harley is in trouble.

I found it.  It is called Spyderfest, in Springfield mo.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:05:03 AM by Royalroadie »
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

ultrarider123

Re: Polaris Can Am
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:21 AM »

Royal, we have quite a few of them running around in East TN.  They seem to be multiplying daily.... :)

Since you brought up the Can-Am topic, I like the looks of the new Spyder F3 and F3S.  It's Can-Am's notion of a cruiser in the Spyder form.  Not too shabby.... :)
http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/spyder/spyder-f3.html

I will say after riding a traditional trike vs. riding one of Can-Am's Spyder, the Spyder wins hands-down as far as handling goes (not going into the looks aspect).  I know we have some trike riders on the site and I'm not bashing them AT ALL!  Actually, I commend you so please understand, this is an observation from MY seat of the pants.  I had a three wheeler ATV years ago and while the motorcycle trikes are not the same, the riding principle is and can be down right tough to ride if you don't do it correctly.

:jack:  On a personal note, I salute those that ride with two or three wheels on their transportation.  They don't let limitations or whatever life has thrown them keep them out of the saddle.  Once I pulled in behind a Ultra with a sidecar in the infield of Roads of Atlanta where the gentleman on the rig had his wheelchair fitted in the sidecar.  All of the operational controls for the bike were on the handlebars (and an Army Ranger sticker proudly displayed on his tourpac)  He removed the wheelchair from the sidecar, set it up, lifted himself from the bike to the wheelchair and headed off to enjoy the races.  I think of that man when I complain of the little things in life and it humbles me.  He did not allow his limitations to keep him from enjoying the thing that he loved....

I'm not comparing myself to that man in any aspect.  He's a hero in many realms.  However, I do know at some point my knees may force me to go to a three wheeled open vehicle so I keep in the saddle and keep doing the thing that I love.  Personally I would feel more comfortable with two of the three in the front.  I am glad there are those kind of options today and look forward to what we will see in a couple of years.... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:05:28 AM by Haird »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »

I had a customer that had a trike kit installed on his Ultra.  After two months he sold it and bought a Spyder. This guy was a die hard Harley guy but he hated the amount of effort it took to ride his bike after it was triked.  Loves the Spyder hands down in his opinion the only way to go.  He still has two Harleys but when he goes on a long ride its on the spider. Me I personally like the looks of a Harley trike but have never ridden one nor have a ridden a Spyder.

Spyder appears to me that it would be like riding a ATV.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »

Spyder appears to me that it would be like riding a ATV

That's what I think it would be like also ????
DND

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:15:28 PM »

Haird,  I agree with you on the spyder. I have tried both and prefer the handling of the spyder.  I don't know if it has to due with a lower center of gravity or what,  but much more fun than the trikes.  I have sometime to go before I am going to need an extra wheel.  I used to have several four wheel ATVs but let the wife and kids ride them.  I actually felt like I had better control on my DRZ on the trails than on a four wheeler.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 10:38:18 PM »

Haird,  I agree with you on the spyder. I have tried both and prefer the handling of the spyder.  I don't know if it has to due with a lower center of gravity or what,  but much more fun than the trikes.  I have sometime to go before I am going to need an extra wheel.  I used to have several four wheel ATVs but let the wife and kids ride them.  I actually felt like I had better control on my DRZ on the trails than on a four wheeler.  I finally sold it because I am getting to the age that I don't bounce very well when I would fall.  I quit while I was ahead.  It pained me to sell it but I knew it was time.  I had always admired the older dirt riders.  I was looking forward to being in my sixties burning up a trail but some bodies can take it but mine said it was time.  Getting older is a bitch, but the worst is not know when to stop.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 09:33:30 AM »

Might ride great but look like crap...
Bill

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.