Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warranty Paint Repair Finally Done  (Read 919 times)

DOOFUS

Warranty Paint Repair Finally Done
« on: January 25, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »

You may recall my 2012 FLTRU was delivered in OCT 2011 with a "burst bubble" on the right top of the tank.  HD District Rep wld not authorize a new tank - only repair.  HD Dealer had a local painter they have used with "good results".  The work order was between HD Dealer and the paint repair shop - so it was all covered financially.  Then the soap opera began.

I dont have the strength to list all the excuses from the painter during the THREE ATTEMPTS to paint the tank in BIG BLUE PEARL.

I had to "motivate" all involved parties.

Yesterday I picked up the bike -- so far - the tank looks good.  We'll see how durable it is.  Anywho - here are pix of the tank, my stock fairing for comparison, and the LED Tour Pak Light bracket which I had him do in BBP too.  It looks nice.
DOOF

DOOFUS

Re: Warranty Paint Repair Finally Done
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »

SECOND PIC

DOOFUS

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »

STOCK PAINTED FAIRING FOR COMPARISON

DOOFUS

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »

LED TOUR PAK BRACKET

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »

Looks good, good job staying with it and not letting them wear you down. Many of us will remember your tenacity
And be inspired by you not giving up when we have to go up against the stealers and moco.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

mark

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »

Glad this worked out for you and hope the paint repair holds up.  I had a similar "soap opera" with my 2010 SESG.  Found a small chip on the edge of the fairing before I picked up the bike.  Dealer said they'd make it right...what a clusterf--- that became.  MoCo dropping the ball, then the factory closed for two weeks over X-mas, then dealer dropped the ball..service mgr handing the issue fired...had to start whole ordeal over, then the painter was backed up, painter retured the fairing with a run in the clearcoat, etc., etc.  Finally, I demanded a new fairing, which the McCo agreed to.  This took all the joy out of buying a new bike. I logged about 1,000 miles going back and forth from my house to the dealer to handle this issue.

Lesson learned - I WILL NEVER go through with another purchase if there are issues/repairs that are promised to take place after I pick up the bike.  I should have told them to make it right first, then I'd complete the sale...my excitment about taking delivery of the bike clouded my judgement...I knew better.

Sorry for the rant, glad your bike's been made right, but I know first hand how frustrating this was for you.

DOOFUS

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

We walked the same road it seems !!!  Feel for ya - and glad u made it too !!!!  DOOF

Glad this worked out for you and hope the paint repair holds up.  I had a similar "soap opera" with my 2010 SESG.  Found a small chip on the edge of the fairing before I picked up the bike.  Dealer said they'd make it right...what a clusterf--- that became.  MoCo dropping the ball, then the factory closed for two weeks over X-mas, then dealer dropped the ball..service mgr handing the issue fired...had to start whole ordeal over, then the painter was backed up, painter retured the fairing with a run in the clearcoat, etc., etc.  Finally, I demanded a new fairing, which the McCo agreed to.  This took all the joy out of buying a new bike. I logged about 1,000 miles going back and forth from my house to the dealer to handle this issue.

Lesson learned - I WILL NEVER go through with another purchase if there are issues/repairs that are promised to take place after I pick up the bike.  I should have told them to make it right first, then I'd complete the sale...my excitment about taking delivery of the bike clouded my judgement...I knew better.

Sorry for the rant, glad your bike's been made right, but I know first hand how frustrating this was for you.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.