Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Parks  (Read 15751 times)

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
Re: Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Parks
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 06:31:54 AM »

great pics, very nice scenery  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 09:01:55 AM »

Awesome pics JC, as usual... Thanks for sharing.

:2vrolijk_21:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »

Continuing on, we find civilization and two land roads again...

and more orange groves......

and kiwi vinyards....

and talk about rollin round in the dirt.....

We have arrived at our destination and our home for last night, Best Western Exeter, Ca.  This Best Western is new and was literally built in the middle of an orange grove....

Time for a break......
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »

Soon we headed out to find "downtown" and a bite to eat.  Everything in this town was closed up except for a little taco stand in a trailer....that was our lunch.  And great road side tacos they were.  

If you couldn't tell, we were really enjoying this Thanksgiving.  Totally different from any in the past but we were having a great time.

and talk about fall colors.....

Exeter is known for all of it's murals all over the downtown area.  I guess they were the first to do this and have done it for a lot of years and now other towns are copying the idea.  All painted by various artisits from throughout Nor Cal.  They all portray life in the Exeter area in years gone by.  Terrie and I spent some time walking the streets of downtown Exeter to get these photos....

Appropriatly enough, the local butcher shop has a mural of a cattle drive.

OK, truth be known.....I did most of the walking.....Terrie did most of the sittin...

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »

and the local newspaper has this mural....

more later.....gotta roll. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »

Great shots JC! Looks like a great way to spend the Thanksgiving holiday! Thanks for sharing.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 12:17:48 AM »

Steve & Joanne (24kgoldens on this forum) only live a couple of blocks from the hotel.  They showed up along with one of their Golden Retrievers, Hunter.  Hunter rides also and has his own outfit.  The five of us left, with Steve leading, headed for dinner.

Hunter rides in a new Legends trailer that Steve just got a few weeks ago.  Legends has a lid option with a hole in it for dogs to put their head out.  Hunter has taken right to it.  Hunter is really an awsome dog.....when Steve opens the lid Hunter jumps in, clearing all the paint.  Getting out is the same thing......he just totally clears the trailer completly.

Legends did an outstanding job of matching the CVO paint.....especially since they never even seen Steve's bike (the transaction was handled over the phone)....

Hunter has a little helmet and a pair of doggles....he's good to go.

All the pics from last night are of Steve's CVO Ultra Classic.  Joanne rides a CVO Softail however, all the pics I took of her last night are out of focus.  Better pics were taken today.

another mural at the restaurant....

After dinner we all rode over to Steve and Joanne's house to see some of their other adult Golden Retrievers and a new litter of puppies.

The litter of new puppies.  The blond one on the right is the runt of this litter....

Jenny is mama dog....

Steve and the runt...

Some of the ribbons the 24K Goldens have brought home....

Terrie and I were off to our hotel.  We had plans to pull out at 8:30 a.m. this morning and wanted to get some hot tub time. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 07:00:04 AM »

Great pic's of a super ride. You left coast guys got some purity country
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »

This day of our travels (yesterday), while we never saw rain, certainly proved to be very trying.  It was very foggy as we left Exeter however, being native Californian, I knew that once we got into the foothills we'd break through to the sun. :2vrolijk_21:

Hunter was certainly prepared for the elements

Joanne tells us that Hunter is the local HOG chapter mascot and actually has his own national HOG ID number.  He also has a cut with his run pins on it. :2vrolijk_21:

Hunter is the most patient dog......just sits there and waits. 

The weather ahead....as we left town.

and the weather behind.....

The fog banks up really heavy on the eastern side of the valley.  Soon we'd break through to the sun.....

West Coast GTG   

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »

JC, thanks again for the pics! Kandy loves the ones of Hunter and his rig. That's a well taken care of pup!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »

When we broke through to the sun, it happened within a couple hundred feet.  This shot is looking back towards the canyon that we'd just rode up through.....shows the denseness of the fog down that canyon....

clear skys lie ahead as we roll on....

From the far side of the lake, looking back across the lake towards the canyon which we'd rode up....

A brief stop in Three Rivers, Ca. (location for last year's Nor Cal/So Cal MITM) provides a great opportunity for a couple shots of Joanne's CVO Softail.....

The MITM attendees will remember the Mexican restaurant across the street from the hotel (between the pizza parlor and the grocery store).  Fall is in full bloom up here!

We would see many, many of these signs over the next few hours.....

Clear skys prevail and we press on....

West Coast GTG   

sglide4me

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »

JC, great photos and even better way to spend Thanksgiving. The paintings and murals in that town are amazing. Looks like you and Terrie had a great time.
As you know I am a dog lover and those puppies were something else and Hunter is a real stud biker dog.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »

JC looking for words. Wow  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanx for sharing.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 10:01:28 PM »

If I ever make it to CA your going to have to give a guided tour. Great pics and looks like an awesome ride.

We've done that more than a few times for members of this forum......come on out! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks to all of you for your comments and complaments.  I have a natural interest in photography (if you couldn't tell) but I also really enjoy putting together these ride reports for people that have never been to Nor Cal or haven't rode the particular roads that I'm riding at the time.  I try to really capture the different seasons, etc. for all of you to really get in to the ride, too. :2vrolijk_21:

This ride day (yesterdy) we experienced some things I just didn't expect.  Of course it started with the fog that I already posted. 

Not complaining about any of it.....I appreciate the experiences.  And with the Gerbing eXtreme Element pants and jacket, we were completly comfortable in all the situations.  Actually, it gets warm in the pants when the temps are above 65F.  I ended up just wearing my swim trunks under the pants and was greatful for the side zippers in the pants legs.....they helped.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:13:31 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »

Hunter has it made in the shade! Great pics.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 25 queries.