CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Looking at a Used 2014 CVO Limited worry ed about Lifters

(1/3) > >>

Screamin Dyna:
Hi,
I am currently looking at a used 2014 CVO Limited in great shape with 23,800 miles on it.  I rode the bike and it rides great.  I believe it is a good deal at $16 K.  After my research I am super paranoid now about this lifter issue.  Should I be OK to buy if I take it straight to have the lifters changed?   Just dont want to get stuck with a pig in a poke.  I have been waiting for a few years to buy a nice CVO Limited that won’t put me in the poor house, but the lifter issue has me spooked now.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

OBB:
I'd have them changed just for piece of mind. Some people don't have issues and others do. All three of the 110s I previously owned needed them replaced between 25k and 35k miles.

pauly_2:
I cannot speak highly enough of S&S premium lifters for twin cams. If you replace the lifters (I would), consider these.

Thanks
Pauly 2

--- Quote from: Screamin Dyna on June 01, 2024, 11:15:27 PM ---Hi,
I am currently looking at a used 2014 CVO Limited in great shape with 23,800 miles on it.  I rode the bike and it rides great.  I believe it is a good deal at $16 K.  After my research I am super paranoid now about this lifter issue.  Should I be OK to buy if I take it straight to have the lifters changed?   Just dont want to get stuck with a pig in a poke.  I have been waiting for a few years to buy a nice CVO Limited that won’t put me in the poor house, but the lifter issue has me spooked now.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---

smkymtnboy:
Buy the bike. change the lifters! if, that does not ease ur fears then buy the https://www.discountesp.com/renew-motorcycle-extended-service-plan/. i have 3 110 c.i. one has 60000 still strong. one set of lifters at 45000. esp paid for it.

JCZ:
I have a 2013 CVO Ultra Classic and I believe Jim (Metal Dragon) changed the lifters one time.  It's still the most reliable Harley that I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot)!

80,000 miles and in a couple of weeks I'm leaving Tucson headed to Sacramento for a few days (2,000 miles round trip).  Then next month headed up to Red Lodge, Montana for the Beartooth Motorcycle Rally.

I would suggest buying the bike and then have the lifters changed and change fluids in all three holes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version