Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2005 / 2006 production numbers  (Read 6432 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
2005 / 2006 production numbers
« on: November 15, 2005, 04:14:18 AM »

It appears  there were 3400 of the 05 FLSTFSE made , not sure of how many of each colour

and the 06 FLSTFSE will run up to 3900  

Would that make the 05 model hold its value more

I prefer the 05 colours but love that wide ass rear on the 06 (even though the 05 wheels are a C... to keep clean they are still trademark FATBOY.

I would guess that there are probably only around 1000 Mist / Slate ones made (if that) it appears Scott & I are the only ones who like that colour. I also wonder how many total wrecks there have been this year. Not too many I hope (not counting yours Scott) I said Total Wrecks!

[smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 04:15:53 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: 2005 / 2006 production numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:13:44 AM »

It appears  there were 3400 of the 05 FLSTFSE made , not sure of how many of each colour

and the 06 FLSTFSE will run up to 3900  

Would that make the 05 model hold its value more

I prefer the 05 colours but love that wide ass rear on the 06 (even though the 05 wheels are a C... to keep clean they are still trademark FATBOY.

I would guess that there are probably only around 1000 Mist / Slate ones made (if that) it appears Scott & I are the only ones who like that colour. I also wonder how many total wrecks there have been this year. Not too many I hope (not counting yours Scott) I said Total Wrecks!

[smiley=drink.gif]

sorry mate, i cant buy into that logic of the 05 holding its value more?
not when the stealer in my area just let a slate 05 go for $23,500, chit it just lost
5k in value and it has not even left the show room floor!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
how many red or blue ones have you seen left over when the 06's hit the floor?
what the market saying?

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 09:55:36 AM »

sorry mate, i cant buy into that logic of the 05 holding its value more?
not when the stealer in my area just let a slate 05 go for $23,500, chit it just lost
5k in value and it has not even left the show room floor!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
how many red or blue ones have you seen left over when the 06's hit the floor?
what the market saying?

I agree.  I have a nasty feeling that all of us who paid the big bucks (MSRP or better) for any of the CVO bikes is going to be in for a nasty surprise in another year or two if we decide to sell.  The MoCo keeps jacking up the production numbers each year, and instead of a limited production semi-custom bike, they are becoming just another regular model within the entire line (the CVO volume is more than some of the other companies entire volume -  Victory, Thunder Mountain, probably Big Dog, etc).  With the soft market right now, I've noticed quite a few dealers have leftover '05 CVO's, and a few even have leftover '04 models.  I hope everyone who bought one likes the bike well enough to keep it forever.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:59:17 AM »

The MoCo keeps jacking up the production numbers each year, and instead of a limited production semi-custom bike, they are becoming just another regular model within the entire line (the CVO volume is more than some of the other companies entire volume -  Victory, Thunder Mountain, probably Big Dog, etc).  With the soft market right now, I've noticed quite a few dealers have leftover '05 CVO's, and a few even have leftover '04 models.  I hope everyone who bought one likes the bike well enough to keep it forever.

This is almost exactly one of the things I said in the CVO survey--that the MoCo is making way too many of these things to continue to claim limited availability.  Just for comparison, for 2006 they are only making 3500 of the 35th anniversary Superglide.  That's fewer than many of the CVO's.

In 1999, the CVO started by makin 900 each of FXR2's and 3's.  
That was a bike that resurrected a discontinued though popular frame design and was made in truly small numbers.  These were unique machines made in small numbers.  Since then, the CVO is really just a current production model with the SE motor, lots of chrome and a designated paint job.  But even the paint jobs--well, there are more of them than say, HD's own custom paint sets, offered in quantities of 50-200 of each design.  Compared to the quantity of CVO paint, that's much more rare.

I told them in the survey that the CVO's may represent a good package deal for the buyer that wanted the big motor and was going to load up on chrome anyway--that maybe the CVO version would actually be a cost savings over starting with a production bike and assembling all the parts afterwards, but that they were no longer a rare edition with an inherently greater value.

So, frankly, if you want a rare bike, a CVO isn't the way to go.  If you want the already assembled package and like the color, then the CVO bike may represent a good package deal.  Maybe it should be considered a desireable factory option package on a production motorcycle instead of a factory custom bike.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 11:55:43 AM »

I think that the 05 Fatboy may hold it's value a tad bit better than the 06. The reason I say this is that in 05 they also made an anniversary edition Fatboy. The 05 has the classic trademarked fatboy rims as mentioned above. I am still also sticking with my notion that the mist/slate CVO would be slightly more valuable to a collector for the following reasons.

1) The first fatboy to roll off the assembly line in 1990 was Silver so to someone into the history and nostalgia of the Fatboy this would be important to note.
2) It is the least popular color of the CVO Fatboy, which also translates into they probably made less of this colr than any other. I think Mike and I are the only ones on the board with it!

I agree with the comment about it being more a bike with a high end package from H-D vs a semi custom. Also before I purchased my SE Fatboy I already owned a 05 Heritage Softail. I had planned to build it up and add alot of chrome, when the CVO came out I made a list of the things on it that I would like on my Heritage and it tunred out to be much less money to get the CVO which is how I ended up with her!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »

I
The first fatboy to roll off the assembly line in 1990 was Silver so to someone into the history and nostalgia of the Fatboy this would be important to note.

This is true.  I have a hardback HD book with some color photos of the first Fat Boy in 1990.  It would have been neat if HD had taken a few more cues from the original, like yellow accents and Air Force-inspired tank graphics--on the silver ones, anyway.  But, I can see where that may be more appealing to history buffs than others who just want a dressed out Fat Boy.

Not to digress, but after seeing the 35th anniversary Superglide, I wonder if we'll see similar re-issues of the original Sturgis, Bad Boy, and even Sportster-based XR-inspired models.  These would be mostly just paint jobs on productiion bikes, but that's pretty much what HD is already doing for limited editions.

I would have made the 35th anniversary Superglide a CVO bike, complete with the boat tail rear fender, and then only built something like 350-500.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 01:02:12 PM »

Local dealer has 4 SE fatboys on the floor.  One 06, three 05 all with a premium added to the price tag of $3,000.  

[smiley=nervous.gif]      

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 01:13:48 PM »

What colors Mrs?

I am a bit confused, been reading the board for awhile.........do you have a SEEG or a Fatboy right now????  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 01:23:41 PM »

Local dealer has 4 SE fatboys on the floor.  One 06, three 05 all with a premium added to the price tag of $3,000.  
  [smiley=nervous.gif]      

Well, that ought to tell them something about their pricing structure. :)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 01:45:46 PM »

What colors Mrs?

I am a bit confused, been reading the board for awhile.........do you have a SEEG or a Fatboy right now????  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Hi Sefatboyscott.  the colors of the fatboys I saw were; 2 silver, 1 red and the new red and purple color.  

And I have a two tone candy cherry SEEG, not a fatboy.

[smiley=cherry.gif]

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 01:49:39 PM »

Hi Sefatboyscott.  the colors of the fatboys I saw were; 2 silver, 1 red and the new red and purple color.  

And I have a two tone candy cherry SEEG, not a fatboy.

[smiley=cherry.gif]

Sorry had you confused with Mrs Red Hot for a moment.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 21 queries.