Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: From Sturgis and the Black Hills....across the country and back....  (Read 16481 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: From Sturgis and the Black Hills....across the country and back....
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2018, 11:14:21 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2018, 11:15:08 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2018, 11:15:55 PM »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2018, 11:16:28 PM »

Do you see the plantation home far off in the distance?

Here, let me zoom it in for you.....

Moonshiner Gnomes!  Well, we are in the south.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2018, 11:27:34 PM »

We left Chattanooga and moved on up the road to Nashville.  Nashville is one city that I'd never been to before, so it was all new to me.  We stayed at a gated RV resort on a lake just outside of town....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2018, 11:28:24 PM »

We made a trip downtown and checked out all the places on Broadway.  First stop was ground zero for country & western every since I can remember my parents watching the Grand Ol' Opry on TV....the Ryman Auditorium, home of The Grand Ol' Opry.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2018, 11:29:15 PM »

Nudie's Honky Tonk.....I have to say that Babe seemed a little miffed when she walked across the street and looked in the window and nobody was nude.  :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:04 PM »

A club on the corner between Broadway and the Ryman Auditorium has a wall that's covered in photographs of country artist that have played there over the years and decades.  On the outside there's a mural of a few well known artists of various ages but in the mural all the artists are young.  A pretty cool mural....

Nashville has some very modern buildings downtown but there's also many, many cranes up in the air......they are building highrise buildings everywhere.  NOTE:  The window washer high up on this building are not using scaffolds.  They are each on their own ropes and they started at the top and are working their way down.  Each has their own bucket of water, sponge and squeege.  It was very interesting watching them and they were moving very fast.  They would drop to the next floor down in maybe 2-3 seconds and were very precise in their stop.

Two 24 story buildings going up directly across the street from the Ryman Auditorium that will dwarf it and all the two and three story buildings on Broadway....

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:33:39 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

ultrarider123

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2018, 08:42:23 AM »

Thanks for the pictures of the back yard, JC.  The Rock City ones bring back very fond memories as my grandparents had a "Rock City Barn" on their property in NE Alabama.  Part of the payment for use of their roof was $50 and two season passes to Rock City so we went a BUNCH when I was a kid.  Taking the kids and grandkids makes that many more memories. 

You took a picture of Point Park but did y'all visit/walk around?  Great history there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2018, 09:01:52 AM »

Yes, we did walk all around Point Park and visited the little civil war museum and watched the video, etc.  What ever I post pics of isn't near what all we did.  Also, I take a lot of pics with my Nikon to post here and take a lot of pics with my phone that I post on FB right away.  I believe the pics of Point Park ended up on my FB page.   I try not to put the same pics on both places but some times that gets to be challenging.   :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

ultrarider123

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »

Understood....if'n I did the bookface, I could see 'em... ;D

Glad you walked around.  There are some great views off Lookout Mt. along with lots of history.  Glad you enjoyed Nashville, too.  Great town to visit but one heck of a bad place to drive/ride.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 26 queries.