Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Detachable Tour-Pak about detaches Itself.  (Read 5902 times)

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
Re: Detachable Tour-Pak about detaches Itself.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »

Thanks for the heads up 70-. My brackets are ok but the plastic grommets attached to the bike which accept the "forks" of the detachables are shot. Been on order for two weeks. Got by by rotating them but it's time to replace them.

Hey Screamin.  I am new to the site and have just purchased an 05 SEEG.  The tourpak seems a bit loose to the point where it rocks back and forth a bit.  I was wondering if the screws that hold the grommets and actually make up the mounting pin were loose or if the grommets were worn out.  What was yours doing to give you the idea that the grommets were worn out?

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »

You should always check to make sure the screws are tight.  Mine loosened and I applied locktite "blue" thread locker to them.  No more problems.  The bushings have always been a problem.  It is common to rotate them periodically once a flat spot has developed but eventually they need replacement.  An alternative is stainless steel machined bushings offered by Gilbos Billet Hawg Solutions which last much longer :2vrolijk_21:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

You should always check to make sure the screws are tight.  Mine loosened and I applied locktite "blue" thread locker to them.  No more problems.  The bushings have always been a problem.  It is common to rotate them periodically once a flat spot has developed but eventually they need replacement. An alternative is stainless steel machined bushings offered by Gilbos Billet Hawg Solutions which last much longer :2vrolijk_21:

A good friend got these for this CVO and they wouldn't fit his 2009, so I got them and they wouldn't fit my 2005. If you don't mind removing 4 screws every couple years get the stock style replacements. I found a company on ebay, very good price and am very happy with fitment.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.