Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Buying and selling in the US.  (Read 2090 times)

springsure88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1977 XLCR
    • CVO3: 1968 FLH
    • Port Macquarie
Re: Buying and selling in the US.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 06:45:00 AM »

Thanks mate.

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 08:31:49 AM »

I have a 2008 FXSTSSE2 CVO Springer I bought out of Central Texas HD in 2011. Just after I had been at Daytona Bikeweek. $1.05 USD to the Aussie dollar at that time !!

You would have been MENTAL not to have bought a bike while there in 2011. These 2008 CVO Springers were $58K AUD out the door from Frasers in 2007/8 I kid you not !

At 69c US to the Aussie dollar today , the numbers are way way different from 2011 , but you may still be "ahead" on a "rare" model compared to Australia.

If you factor in potential USA hire costs as a maybe/kinda thing it may still make sense to buy/ride/bring back.

My mate Doug at WA Compliance only buys specific targeted models for pre-ordered customers. Think Nightrains/CVO Springers/CVO Streetglides and the like.

He does not bring bikes in "for stock" any more. He used to , and either retailed them himself or wholesaled them to Perth WA used Harley shops.

The used HD market has changed forever here in Australia
No illegitimi carborundum

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 08:38:50 AM »

PS Word to the wise...bring only a model that WAS available in Australia. There are many models that never were , and may be hard to "Aussie comply" at this end.

Another mate of mine , a Vietnam Vet , bought a well lovely 2006 Springer from Bartels's HD in Marina Del Rey in LA 5 years ago, Impulse buy ( as always haha...)

Only then did he discover that the model had not been sold in Australia in 2006 and he had MAJOR grief getting it licensed here in WA.

Long story short , he eventually got it licensed in Qld , then brought it back to WA with Qld plates , and got WA plates like any other Qld vehicle , car or bike or whatever.

LOADSA grief though , and best avoided ! the actual HD model designation is important , ie   FXSTSSE2   FLSTN  FXDWG etc etc
No illegitimi carborundum
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.