Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: If you wanted to spend 25K on a CVO  (Read 1792 times)

gaindian

• Junior CVO Member
If you wanted to spend 25K on a CVO
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »

My question is: If you wanted to spend 25K on a low mileage CVO what would you get? I'm looking at a 05 Banana with 6K or two 06 Ultra's with same or less mileage. Which is the better bike (personal preferences are welcome) or, which do you think would hold the better value in the future? This is a great forum and I appreciate all responses.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: If you wanted to spend 25K on a CVO
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:26 AM »

I know the melon listed on this site by fpopper is a cream puff loaded with extra cra....stuff and has been babied.
Goos luck with what you decide.   :2vrolijk_21:

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »

My question is: If you wanted to spend 25K on a low mileage CVO what would you get? I'm looking at a 05 Banana with 6K or two 06 Ultra's with same or less mileage. Which is the better bike (personal preferences are welcome) or, which do you think would hold the better value in the future? This is a great forum and I appreciate all responses.

It really doesn't matter which bike we think is the better bike (both are great rides!).  What matters is which bike do you like best!
 :bananarock: :orange: :pepper:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:04 AM »

The title of this thread caught my eye...

I'd love to spend 25K on a CVO...

Problem is I always end up spending 40K plus on my CVO's before I start spending on the next one!   :huepfenlol2: :P ::) :)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »

The title of this thread caught my eye...

I'd love to spend 25K on a CVO...

Problem is I always end up spending 40K plus on my CVO's before I start spending on the next one!   :huepfenlol2: :P ::) :)

Yeah Scott, I thought he meant sinking 25 grand more into one!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Who would do that? ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

vagabond6542

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:21:58 PM »

Yeah Scott, I thought he meant sinking 25 grand more into one!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Who would do that? ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)

I don't know who would, would you Howie? :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »

I don't know who would, would you Howie? :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

Me? Nah, never George! ::) ::) ::) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 01:24:06 PM »

It all depends on if you like the extra goodies on the ultra like cb and the great looking leather tour pack ;D Goodluck with whatever you decide.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »

First, don't worry about future value.  These bikes aren't collector cars which increase in value over the years, they're just a high end option package on a motorcycle, similar to the ones in the automotive world.

Second, the choice between the SEEG's and the CUSE's basically comes down to the same things as the choice between a standard Electraglide and an Ultra.  The SEEG comes with less "stuff", like a CB, but it is sportier in both looks and "feel".  As far as the power train is concerned, there really isn't any significant difference from '04 through '06.  Unlike the '07/'08 bikes, known problem areas have known fixes available (ie. cam chain tensioners, compensator nuts, etc.). 

Third, my personal opinion is that the paint scheme on the SEEG's is the best of the choices.  Unless you can find a Cherry, I'd go for that Banana you mentioned. :2vrolijk_21:  (I still use the official Harley photo of the Banana as one of my computer wallpapers; very sharp looking bike, and from a safety standpoint it's also very visible.)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.