Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: After 200 miles  (Read 2021 times)

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
After 200 miles
« on: March 03, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »

Hit 200 miles this weekend. Would have gone a few more if the wind didn't kick up to 30mph.  I've gotta say that this is one smooth riding bike. I've owned a Fat Boy Lo and a Vrod Muscle and IMO this bike has the best of both of those bikes. Almost like the Fat Boy and Vrod had a child.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: After 200 miles
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »

Hit 200 miles this weekend. Would have gone a few more if the wind didn't kick up to 30mph.  I've gotta say that this is one smooth riding bike. I've owned a Fat Boy Lo and a Vrod Muscle and IMO this bike has the best of both of those bikes. Almost like the Fat Boy and Vrod had a child.
After 1750 miles, i can say that this bike takes the turns better than the CVO Softail Convertible....which surprises me.  Just a few boot heel scrapes but not like the scraping floorboards on the convertible.  I also previously rode a Rocker C and that thing seemed to want to right it self up asap thru a turn.  I was worried about similar handling but it seems the engineers took care of that issue, either they dialed in the suspension somehow or that taller front tire diminished that negative characteristic.  i too am really digging this bike!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:45:11 PM »

hey Speedy,

I just noticed after all this time you are from Hawaii.  Which island?  My wife and I have been here on Maui for 2 weeks for our annual, February, "get the he** out of the cold" vacation.. :orange:

I rented a 2013 V-Rod Muscle for the entire time we have been here and have had a ball with it.

Oh, and to stay on topic, that 130 front tire really helps with the handling of the bike, having that rear 240.  Keeps the bike from wanting to upright itself in the turns as the Rocker did like someone stated.  Makes all the difference.

My V-Rod with that rear 240 absolutely wants to upright itself in the turns.  When I am hitting them hard on that bike, you really have to manhandle it with the counter steering...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »

There were little things about the muscle that I didn't like. Overall it was a great bike. Had the Breakout not come out I would probably still have it. Was just to the point where I was getting ready to do tuner and pipes on it. Saw the breakout pictures before I realized what it was or that it was a CVO and just knew that it was the right one.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:39 PM »

After some deep thought and putting another 75 miles on my bike today I realized that HD marketing missed the boat on the Breakout.  They should have gone with CVO Breakout....It will chit n' git! 

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:24:36 AM »

hey Speedy,

I just noticed after all this time you are from Hawaii.  Which island?  My wife and I have been here on Maui for 2 weeks for our annual, February, "get the he** out of the cold" vacation.. :orange:

I rented a 2013 V-Rod Muscle for the entire time we have been here and have had a ball with it.

Oh, and to stay on topic, that 130 front tire really helps with the handling of the bike, having that rear 240.  Keeps the bike from wanting to upright itself in the turns as the Rocker did like someone stated.  Makes all the difference.

My V-Rod with that rear 240 absolutely wants to upright itself in the turns.  When I am hitting them hard on that bike, you really have to manhandle it with the counter steering...

Aloha ZO6!  Yes, I'm on Oahu.  Hope you and the Mrs. had a great time on Maui!  Next time try the Big Island 'cause its really made for our Harleys.  Awesome roads compared to Maui and the pothole ridden streets of Oahu.  I plan on shipping my Breakout to the Big Isle in a couple of months of a little R&R.  BTW, If I'm not mistaken, you were able to remove the lame reflector off the rear fender.  How did your dealer do this?  The dealer tech here said he would have to cut it out cause it was welded to the underside of the fender.  I had an LED strip added and he kept the reflector on which kinda didn't make sense . . . although it does help hold it in place since the LED is only held in place by double sided tape.  I'll post some pics soon.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »

Aloha ZO6!  Yes, I'm on Oahu.  Hope you and the Mrs. had a great time on Maui!  Next time try the Big Island 'cause its really made for our Harleys.  Awesome roads compared to Maui and the pothole ridden streets of Oahu.  I plan on shipping my Breakout to the Big Isle in a couple of months of a little R&R.  BTW, If I'm not mistaken, you were able to remove the lame reflector off the rear fender.  How did your dealer do this?  The dealer tech here said he would have to cut it out cause it was welded to the underside of the fender.  I had an LED strip added and he kept the reflector on which kinda didn't make sense . . . although it does help hold it in place since the LED is only held in place by double sided tape.  I'll post some pics soon.

Hey Speedy,

I will say that the road up to Haleakala and back is one of the greatest rides in the world....has to be-wow.  I go up and down that thing probably 20 times every year we are there.  The road up to the ranger station is smooth as glass...

Actually, they have made quite a few road improvements on Maui in the 5 years we have been going there, particularly in the up-country areas.

It's amazing the things dealers say.  There is a retention plate that is held to the underside of the fender with two screws.  that's what holds the reflector in place.  The fender has to be pulled in order to get at the plate.
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.