Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breakout Extended Clutch and Brake Lines...What Brand?  (Read 1351 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Breakout Extended Clutch and Brake Lines...What Brand?
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:47:34 PM »

I put on 12" Todds Cycle Strip Bars on my CVO Breakout.  It looks like I will need clutch and brake lines that are around 6" longer.  I've always used Magnum Shielding, so I called them up to get a set.  The clutch line was not a problem and priced what I considered fair.  The brake line was a different story.  From the master cylinder to the ABS controller, the stock line is around 16.5" long and has a banjo fitting on each end.  I thought no problem, I'll just get a line that's about 22" long.

Magnum Shielding has made this a 2 piece line and only sells the lower portion of the upper brake line with the complete lower brake line kit.  They are actually forcing you to buy the complete lower brake line (which you don't really need) and sticking you for $185 more.  That type of marketing is really unacceptable to me, so I've decided to go with a different brand of clutch and brake lines.  What brand have you guys that have done this used?  Does anyone know who makes HD's stock CVO lines?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
Re: Breakout Extended Clutch and Brake Lines...What Brand?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »

Sorry to hear as I have always found Magnum Products to be very high quality and if you can get a drag specialties part number you can get it for 20-30% off. Good luck with your search.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »

They are high quality.  They have no information on their web site or on the phone when you mention the CVO Breakout.  They are saying that the stock length of the upper brake line is 26 inches measured from the master cylinder to the crimp collar on the stainless portion of the line.  The total length of my line is 16 inches from eye to eye of the banjos.  I'm going to send them pictures to make me one that will fit.  Is there an easier way from another company? 

Cowboy

trackside

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »

Cowboy,
Running into the same problem on my CVO Breakout. What did you end up doing?

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:32:30 PM »

I just told Magnum Shielding what I wanted and they made the line for me.  The only problem is they didn't make it exactly like I told them.  If I were to do it again, I would send them my stock line and tell them to just add 6 inches.  Less chance for error.  I made mine work but they got the twist wrong.   

Cowboy

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.