Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Tunes went by by today.  (Read 5067 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Tunes went by by today.
« on: April 11, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »

Picked the bike from the shop today to bring it home. Tunes were working awesome, as soon as I got home ( about a 30 min ride ) The volume went down on its own and then nothing. The radio turns on, all the functions on the radio work as before, but absolutely no sound out of the speakers. Not even a hiss when I crank up the volume.  Any idea where to start looking. did not have time to investigate it today. Thanx   
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
Re: Tunes went by by today.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »

Maybe others know, but I don't, so help me out a little, what bike do you have and is the stereo stock, amp? I looked around your post and do not find any information that could lead me towards what you have, other than probably a CVO.

I would start with checking it again just to make sure it was not the amp just shut down, then if it still does not produce sound, then I would start with the fuse of the amp, if good, check power to the amp. This is if you have an amp, I am guessing you do, but I don't know.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »

Oops, it's a 2010 CVO Ultra. Have a Hog Tunes 4 channel 40.4 amp.  Never gave me any problems since new.  And all af a sudden, BANG.  Would blown fuse on the HD amp ( under the tour pack ) do this?  Where is that rear amp fuse located?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:29 AM »

I make this editorial comment quite often around here, and probably pizz some folks off, but this looks like another opportunity to make my comment.

If folks would include the model and year info in their profile so that it automatically shows in each post, everyone would know what bike they are talking about.  It's a simple thing that takes a few seconds, and could help you get more meaningful answers to questions.  Take a look at some of the posts from other members for ideas about the info you can add to your profile.  Model and year, list of mods, etc.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Schnobel

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 aka The Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:03 AM »

Oops, it's a 2010 CVO Ultra. Have a Hog Tunes 4 channel 40.4 amp.  Never gave me any problems since new.  And all af a sudden, BANG.  Would blown fuse on the HD amp ( under the tour pack ) do this?  Where is that rear amp fuse located?

I'd start with the fuses but typically if a fuse blew, the sound wouldn't slowly fade, it would go from on to off. If you blew a fuse for the amp, the head unit would light up and act normal but no sound would come out. From what you are describing and this is a guess at best, sounds like the amp took a puke. No amp=no sound. If you're running two amps though, unlikely they both went out so you should have sound from one of them.

After fuses would check all connections to make sure something isn't loose. Not sure where to go from there.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 12:51:11 PM »

Is the fuse for the HD amp in where all the other fuses are? Or is it in line some where ells on the bike. Thanx

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 06:29:38 PM »

Not entirely sure about the 2010 - on the 2011 the Amplifier is on a 30 amp fuse located in the main fuse block -looks like number 24 - which in my manual is bottom row second from left, or second column bottom fuse depends on how you want look at it.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Copyless

• GA

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 06:36:06 PM »

Is the fuse for the HD amp in where all the other fuses are? Or is it in line some where ells on the bike. Thanx

It should be the P/A fuse, and located in the side panel, for the HT amp it should be on the power line as close to the battery as possible.

Now that I know you have two amps, it is unlikely that both would stop at the same time, unless it is the head unit. Normally I would start with power as I already asked you to check, then I would work back. With your problem, once I found that all three parts (as in HU, both amps) were powered, and you already made sure TODAY that it is still not working, then I would start at the source (since two items being fed by the source are not working) by making sure it has an output, (which it apparently does not have).

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »

Ok so my builder had a working head unit in the shop so I unplugged mine and plugged the working one and wham, everything started to work fine. So my deck is shot. I could not see any codes when I dd the diagnostic test. All the switches were "ok" and I did not see any code numbers? Kind of strange eh?  Sending the deck to Iron Cross and having the pig tail and RCA'S added as part of the repair.  Next year replacing the Hog Tunes amp with High-bred Audio. With the RCA'S will be plug and play.  :orange:

Copyless

• GA

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

So we know that the HU not only "apparently" had no output as I suggested, but definitely had no output. I am glad you got it figured out.

The pre-amps that you are having IC Audio install, will be the best money you can spend on the HU, besides having it fixed. I really think that most every HU on the '13's and back should be modified by IC for the weak spots and also have the pre-amps installed, as these alone will change the quality of the sound drastically.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »

So we know that the HU not only "apparently" had no output as I suggested, but definitely had no output. I am glad you got it figured out.

The pre-amps that you are having IC Audio install, will be the best money you can spend on the HU, besides having it fixed. I really think that most every HU on the '13's and back should be modified by IC for the weak spots and also have the pre-amps installed, as these alone will change the quality of the sound drastically.

Does Iron Cross do these pre amp installs as part of the HU rebuild?  Or is this something extra?

Copyless

• GA

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

It is extra, but they gave you the price, the pre-amps are the RCA connections that you said you are having installed.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »

Oh ya, they are $80 extra. Getting that and the pig tail for the GPS.  Just wondering how they will improve sound? I thought they are for the new amp to plug in and that's all they do.  Do you get a better signal from them or something.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:15:43 PM by CVO2FIXUP »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 10:54:16 PM »

It actually makes very little difference in sound quality. I prefer the speaker-level connection as the H/K pre-out connection generally requires a lot of gain to be added to whatever amp you are using in order to get an acceptable volume range.

What pre-amps are you referring to?
ICA does not install pre-amps ... they provide an available low-level, pre-out connection.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:01:08 PM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 12:44:34 PM »

I make this editorial comment quite often around here, and probably pizz some folks off, but this looks like another opportunity to make my comment.

If folks would include the model and year info in their profile so that it automatically shows in each post, everyone would know what bike they are talking about.  It's a simple thing that takes a few seconds, and could help you get more meaningful answers to questions.  Take a look at some of the posts from other members for ideas about the info you can add to your profile.  Model and year, list of mods, etc.

Jerry

With all due respect Jerry, what if they have more than one bike/CVO like a lot of folks do?

Rob
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.