Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Volume control  (Read 4889 times)

chadstang68

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Volume control
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »

Lol Mac/apple biggest pce of crap every made. Only reason they still around is Bill Gates loaned Steve Jobs the money to pull them out of near bankruptcy. Now that Steve Jobs is gone "god bless his soul" only matter of time before that ship sinks

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »

Lol Mac/apple biggest pce of crap every made. Only reason they still around is Bill Gates loaned Steve Jobs the money to pull them out of near bankruptcy. Now that Steve Jobs is gone "god bless his soul" only matter of time before that ship sinks
Nope.  Great quality and Linux based.  It IS however, the biggest piece of overpriced tech ever made.  But crap it is not.  Windows is crap.  As a former MCSE I use mac for personal use because it never causes my wife an ounce of trouble.  When you're an IT guy who hates computers (like me) not having to come home and fix the wife's computer makes paying the money worth it.  Kinda like buying Harley.  Just that with Harley you pay all the money and get no quality to go with it.  Ie.  The volume control on my Mac works all the time every time.  No update required.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 07:39:31 PM »

Nope.  Great quality and Linux based.

Apple OS is based on Free BSD, which is a free, public domain version of Unix. The current Apple OS is mostly the NeXT OS that Steve Jobs came up with circa 1989.

Linux is also based on Free BSD, but other than that it is completely un-related to Apple OS.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:50:00 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 06:58:39 AM »

Umm. yeah.  You're right.  Which is kinda irrelevant cause Unix is stable.  Always has been.  It was great working at AT&T in the 80s when they were eliminating Unix mainframes and giving everyone Windows 3.1 on DOS 3.3.  Since many non IT people have no clue what Unix vs. Linux means I did simplify to core structure as typically stated.  NeXT was stable. OSx is stable.  At least when compared to Windows.  Of course you could say Windows is just a GUI on DOS which actually... well, you get the point.

Calling Mac a piece of crap is unfair.  It's overprices by far and too restrictive for many business applications.  But it is a great appliance for someone who wants a small business or residential computer that is reliable and easily does those tasks without constant blue screens or lock ups.  It would like being able to buy a motorcycle that had all the features that a rider, not a racer wanted.  Those features function better than the competition and are of high quality.  It doesn't mean they don't occasionally break, just less frequently by far than the competition. 

It might even create a group of radical fans who actually get on a forum and don't complain constantly about the overpriced, under quality and poor factory backed product their stuck with.

That was kinda my point.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.