Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eagle Lights Harley Daymaker LED Headlight  (Read 4994 times)

Devil Dog

• Junior CVO Member
Eagle Lights Harley Daymaker LED Headlight
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »

Has anyone tried Eagle Lights 8700 7" Round Chrome Harley Daymaker LED Headlight? I just purchased the headlight and passing lamps and now waiting for arrival. Any comments?
Lou
USMC 77-81
"In GOD We Trust"

Steventammy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

Re: Eagle Lights Harley Daymaker LED Headlight
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:08:38 PM »

Howdy, I've not tried them.  However, I posted another thread on this forum and haven't heard too much about them so I kept looking elsewhere

There's a great discussion on them at another forum and to be honest, I'm pulling the trigger

http://www.roadglide.org/25-lighting/271913-chicom-ebay-daymakers-cheap.html

Steve & Tammy
2011 CVO RGU

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »

Has anyone tried Eagle Lights 8700 7" Round Chrome Harley Daymaker LED Headlight? I just purchased the headlight and passing lamps and now waiting for arrival. Any comments?

OR

Go this route, They make em' for the Mo Co
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8700-evolution-2/

2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:50 PM »

OR

Go this route, They make em' for the Mo Co
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8700-evolution-2/
[/quote]

How do you know they manufacturer them for HD retail?

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 05:52:19 AM »

They do. They're made here in Wisconsin. I have the Daymaker in my SG, and the JW Speaker in my Jeep. The only difference is the "Harley-Davidson" script in the light.
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 08:31:13 AM »

I'd be very interested in knowing how they get away with using the Harley name, the Daymaker name, the 8700 model designation from the JW Speaker model, etc. in their product description and advertising.  It certainly appears the Chinese are still at their favorite form of capitalism, thievery and fakery.  Go ahead and help them steal a few more jobs.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

1BdBagr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 02:44:30 PM »

I'd be very interested in knowing how they get away with using the Harley name, the Daymaker name, the 8700 model designation from the JW Speaker model, etc. in their product description and advertising.  It certainly appears the Chinese are still at their favorite form of capitalism, thievery and fakery.  Go ahead and help them steal a few more jobs.

Jerry
Just like they had on the news about Amazon....As soon as they shut one down another seller pops up. I agree with you, the bogus Chinese products are everywhere. On eBay, there are a ton of HD burst collection knockoffs, exactly the same w/o the HD bar & shield. Ness mirrors, it doesn't stop. I guess someone in China bought a 3D scanner and has CNC machines going 24/7.
I wouldn't buy one of those knockoffs for anything. I'd either buy the OEM H-D "Daymaker®" at either www.surdyke.com or boardtracker.com (not sure of exact address) or get the JW Speaker one. Screw the bootleggers.
Tim
someday i'll have a CVO...

Devil Dog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 09:08:59 PM »

Well, I installed the lights on my 2010 Ultra CVO. Boy, what a difference, they are great. The only problem is that now my garage door opener won't work. Is there a fix around this?
Lou
USMC 77-81
"In GOD We Trust"

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 09:59:05 PM »

Well, I installed the lights on my 2010 Ultra CVO. Boy, what a difference, they are great. The only problem is that now my garage door opener won't work. Is there a fix around this?
Did you call the seller's Tech Help or Customer Service department?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 10:24:56 PM »

I had a similar problem with my opener after having had the fairing off. Seems while I was in there I moved the antenna wire and had pretty much buried it. The opener would work if the bike was right under the opener but it would not work if the door was closed. Moved the antenna wire and now things work ok again!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 08:17:16 AM »

Memory isn't what it used to be, so bear with me.  Didn't the 2010 model have a two bulb headlight?  If so, to connect a light that just has one H4 style electrical connector you had to remove the short stock harness that Harley used to split the headlight wiring to the two separate bulbs.  When doing that, I believe you eliminated the connection to the garage door opener module that signaled when you cycle the high beam switch.  You will have to re-establish that connection with the module.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 08:44:40 AM »

I looked it up and the 2010 did indeed have a two bulb headlight.  Take a look at the attached drawing which shows the extra harness to split the headlight wiring into the two socket setup.  When changing to a single bulb setup with an H4 connector, this splitter is removed so you can just connect directly to the H4 connector in the harness.  Check your wiring, but odds are you eliminated that connection to the GDO module when you removed that extra harness.

Jerry

dknuttgen

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »

I know I am posting on an older thread but for closure I thought I would try. I've been researching replacing the headlight on my 2010 FLHTCUSE5 and know I need the extra harness. Is that harness the 71628-04 part number that is needed to make the GDO go?

Thank you!

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.