Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CVO Free Map Updates  (Read 2809 times)

Plongson

• UT

• CVO1: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey & Wineberry with Red Pepper
CVO Free Map Updates
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:55:28 PM »

Searched and didn't see...how many Naviextra map updates do we get with a CVO?
2019 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Magnetic Grey, Wineberry with Red Pepper

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Re: CVO Free Map Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »

We get 3 FREE updates within the first 5 years.  Whichever comes first.

-Tim
2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

05Quadrasteer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2020 Road Glide CVO
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 02:38:13 PM »

That is what I thought.  I did one update a bit over a year ago.  Went to do another one recently and it said I would have to pay.  Any suggestions on how to correct this so I can get my other 2 free updates.

Bill
Bill
2023 Road Glide CVO
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)

Plongson

• UT

• CVO1: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey & Wineberry with Red Pepper
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 03:43:59 PM »

That's a great question! I hope you (and all of us) find out. Sounds like someone in Romania is screwing with HD/CVO owners. It's reminiscent of my experience with Sirius XM. It was a total $hit show...three month free full trial with traffic/weather etc and it took 4 days and numerous calls ending up with a (so called) supervisor to FINALLY get it DL'd to my radio.

HD needs to kick ass on these off shore companies that are screwing over their customers...(good luck with that...) One can still hope though.

Let us know if you have success getting your second map set.
2019 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Magnetic Grey, Wineberry with Red Pepper

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 02:52:02 AM »

I just bought my 2015 CVO 2 weeks ago and the current maps in the system are from 2015. Has anyone figured out how to get the free update? How did you register for your free updates if you bought the bike new?

I'll pay the $160 for the update if I have to but if I can get it free I would rather do it that way.

Enigmatic

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »

I did mine every winter since 16, this year when I tried,  it said I already had the latest version. BUT! the 220/74 interchange north of Greensboro NC has been open close to 2 yrs and it still shows me riding off into the woods lol

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

any info on step by step

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 10:39:43 AM »

any info on step by step

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109498.0;all

Look at reply #60 by 68 XLCH, when I upddate mine, I usually refer back to his post
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »

I did mine every winter since 16, this year when I tried,  it said I already had the latest version. BUT! the 220/74 interchange north of Greensboro NC has been open close to 2 yrs and it still shows me riding off into the woods lol

No better here on the HD GPS.   Any road less than 3-5 years old is sometimes not included.  No rhyme or reason to it.  Phone GPS is most accurate.  HD map updates leave a lot to be desired.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »

Well after reading all the posts in that linked thread I went and got my figure print on a clean USB drive. Came back in a found out it would let me update for free. I fell asleep last night while it was still downloading all the updates. My system hadn't been updated since it was NEW!!!!

So I went out to the bike and it has been updating since about 10:40. I'll go out and check it here in a minute and see what it says.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 06:07:51 PM »

No better here on the HD GPS.   Any road less than 3-5 years old is sometimes not included.  No rhyme or reason to it.  Phone GPS is most accurate.  HD map updates leave a lot to be desired.
Don't think HD is the only one. I update my Garmin I use in my work van every time one is available and there's streets 3 years old that aren't in there. Lots of manufacturers can't keep up with it.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »

Don't think HD is the only one. I update my Garmin I use in my work van every time one is available and there's streets 3 years old that aren't in there. Lots of manufacturers can't keep up with it.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

Agree Garmin was no better when I had them.  Had miserable customer service from Garmin on MC units, do not plan to do business with them again.  Phone GPS is surprisingly accurate and mostly up to date.  May end up with a phone on the handlebars for GPS.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 10:31:54 AM »

I have to disagree with the phone are most accurate. Was in Missouri last week, Phone (both Google Map & Waze, which should be the same) didn't show the road we were on. Garmin, which I had updated the Friday before leaving had no problems. Even my 3 year old updated GM Factory GPS was better than the phone, this could have been an isolated case but before I retired, used Garmin every day in my job for a min of five addresses starting late in 2004 with a 2825. I never had it make a mistake, unless I made one in entering the address. Had a few hardware problems which they handled very quickly by phone. I still think Garmin is top line company in the map routing field.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 10:59:40 AM »

I live at the end of a gravel road and many of the GPS systems (don't know which ones) used by people both in POV's and commercial rigs come down to the end of my road and then have to figure out how to turn it around. I feel for the commercial drivers and every now and then someone towing a trailer. The mapping software shows my road connecting with a road that is 2-300 yards away. The fact that there is a cannel between us doesn't help. At the beginning of my road there is two signs telling people it is a dead end road with NO TURN AROUND. But people are too busy following their electronic devises to pay attention.

I'm a Jeeper also and have learned to only trust my electronic maps only so much.

Since I bought my new bike I now have a Road Tech that I need to sell and it is amazing how many people are giving me grief over not using a GPS anymore. I guess I am just old school plus I hate having my phone attached to my handlebar. My ex use to do that and her phone would shutdown from the heat.

I do appreciate all the help and advice given on here. It made updating my maps a LOT easier.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

Nothing worse than HERE updates......at least 3 years behind, even at $150 cad an update.  And HERE also has me 'sneaking up on' some locations.......going a block or 3 out of the way and approaching from the other side.  Wrong names on some streets in Vancouver.......40 year old houses don't exist......have to go 'off-road' to get to my old house that's about 15 years old now.......telling me to turn left across a 20 year old meridian. .........

My Garmin might have a few shortcomings...but, is far superior to the HERE nav in my Jeep. The confusing part is that Garmin and HERE are linked somehow.

Reminds me.......gotta update the Garmin today.....
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.