Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with 2015 Boom GT  (Read 699 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
Issues with 2015 Boom GT
« on: August 20, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »

Okay I know this system is SLOWWWWWW as heck to start up so that isn't what I am complaining about.

Here is what is happening and I am taking my bike in for other work so just curious if I should talk to them about this also. I just got done doing a 10 day ride to South Dakota and back to Washington. 4 times while riding the navigation system would tell me it was calculating the route and then there would be NO sound. My music would stop playing and until I stopped the bike, turned off the engine and then restart the bike I would have no music. The next issue is that 1/3rd of the time when I went to start the bike up when I had been listening to music from a thumbdrive it would switch to radio instead of going back to the USB.

So are these problems normal or is there something else going on?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Issues with 2015 Boom GT
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 06:04:57 AM »

The thumb drive to radio thing is pretty much normal. Mine seems to like to default to XM when I was listening to my iPod.

Not sure about that other issue. You'd lose all sound after it tells you the route is being calculated? I had an issue this summer similar I think. It acted something like that. I'd try to adjust the volume and the screen showed me as if I was adjusting the prompt volume. Can't remember what the hell I had to do to correct it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:39 AM »

Oh, you mean yours doesn't switch to weather band in the middle of a USB song? Yeah, weather band is really useful in 2019... if you're the only person left on the planet without a smart phone and a weather app. Sometimes, maybe once a year, mine just doesn't start up period. I have to shut the bike down, walk away with the key fob and come back and everything fires up normal.

I'll tell you what the dealer is going to tell you, that you need an update!   :2vrolijk_21:

I'll tell you what the Boom is to me OP, a marginal stereo and something I can check the outside temperature. The GPS is from a 1999 Tom Tom.

2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »

well I don't know how to use mine so I don't know if its jacked  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »

I have had similar issue with the sound.

What seems to happen is that the audio get locked up in the “Nav Prompt”.  How I noticed this was when my music stopped playing, I tried to increase the volume and noticed the volume display slash screen that came up on the display was for the “Nav Prompt” volume.

I would then go to the main setup screen and go to the “Feedback” setting and noticed that the check box for the “Nav Prompts” was unchecked. I would then check the “Nav Prompts” box and music and prompts would work properly. 

I hope that is helps.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:43:29 AM by Cat Eye »

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:24:57 PM »

I'm taking the bike in on 5 Sept to have my 117" kit installed along with the 10K service done so I'll see what HD has to say about the issues I am having. They may just try to play it off but I got the ESP when I bought the bike so???

I'll try messing with it the next time I am riding and it messes up on me. It's a little frustrating that it hangs like this.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:26:29 PM by WildmanUltra »

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 10:32:36 PM »

Oh, you mean yours doesn't switch to weather band in the middle of a USB song? Yeah, weather band is really useful in 2019... if you're the only person left on the planet without a smart phone and a weather app. Sometimes, maybe once a year, mine just doesn't start up period. I have to shut the bike down, walk away with the key fob and come back and everything fires up normal.

I'll tell you what the dealer is going to tell you, that you need an update!   :2vrolijk_21:

I'll tell you what the Boom is to me OP, a marginal stereo and something I can check the outside temperature. The GPS is from a 1999 Tom Tom.

I get that it isn't the greatest system on the planet but I like that it is weatherproof so I am not going to switch to an aftermarket unit.

I've got the latest update already installed since when I bought the bike it hadn't even been updated from the 2015 software. I don't like trying to use my phone when I am riding and don't have a mount for my phone on the bike. I dislike having junk on my handlebars so I won't put a mount on them for the phone. Plus when my ex had her phone on her bars it would overheat and shutdown.

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »

Wildman I've also have had my voice prompts and music stop like you are talking about. I have found that if you press that voice prompt of the left hand side, then hit exit on the screen to cancel. I have found this fixes the issue for me. I have showed it to a few other rides and they also says it works. 
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.