Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Ipod run/charge adaptor  (Read 7545 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Ipod run/charge adaptor
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »

I use this for my ipod, connected directly to the back of the radio (with the "rear aux input" upgrade)
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »

I use this for my ipod, connected directly to the back of the radio (with the "rear aux input" upgrade)
That's what I was just thinking of doing with the unit I posted since it has one "extra" plug (yellow). Which Ipod do you have? It looks as though you hardwired  the + - and the guys here have me worried about the 6V vs 12V charge thing.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »

The yellow is video. Hard wired to my GPS supply, which is switched at the console

iPod 30GB video
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:45:40 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Riders Claw

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Rider's Claw, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 10:02:16 AM »

CVO Stu has one on his bike for his ipod nano, I liked it and the only downside is that you have to install the ipod it is upside down in a riders claw to make the connections, I need to get one because the nano battery does not last that long

I talked to Gilbos and they will custome make a mount to fit for an additional $15

I would also note that I cannot see the ipod screen with polarized sunglasses on, so being upsidedown is not really a downside to me, but I will check my riders claw for modification capability...

Due to "somewhat" popular demand... we have redesigned our latest Gen IV Rider's Claw so that both ports on this Nano are accessable now. 
We expect to have the first run complete next week, and back from being chromed the week (or 2) after.  This new design is only being done on new manufacturing runs and for now... that's the Gen IV Nano.
Hit me up if you have any questions.   

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »

Due to "somewhat" popular demand... we have redesigned our latest Gen IV Rider's Claw so that both ports on this Nano are accessable now. 
We expect to have the first run complete next week, and back from being chromed the week (or 2) after.  This new design is only being done on new manufacturing runs and for now... that's the Gen IV Nano.

Ken can we buy just the part that the Nano sits in, I just purchased the Riders Claw this week. If so let me know how much and when available! Thanks, Bill
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

Riders Claw

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Rider's Claw, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »

Ken can we buy just the part that the Nano sits in, I just purchased the Riders Claw this week. If so let me know how much and when available! Thanks, Bill

Bill - I will let you know when these are ready, and when they are I will be happy to ship you the dual open port version and you can just return the older version back to me... no charge.
I don't want your money twice... but I will be interested in your opinion of our new design. I think you'll like it! 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »

Well send me one when you get it! dag nabbit I just put it on!  :'( ::) :P

Riders Claw

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Rider's Claw, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »

Well send me one when you get it! dag nabbit I just put it on!  :'( ::) :P

No problem... dag nabbit!  :)
I'll post an announcement here when these new units are complete, so anyone that is interested in swapping out their original Gen IV for the dual port version can give me a shout. 
Fair enough?

In the meantime, if anyone is close to Old Man Winter... please tell him to knock this snow s*** off here in the Midwest!  My PMS (Parker Motorcycle Syndrome) is really starting to act up.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »

Well I want one of those. So don't forget about me.

Riders Claw

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Rider's Claw, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »

Well I want one of those. So don't forget about me.

Stu - I sent you a personal email bro!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »

I got your message.  Thanks and you guys are the best! Looking forward to the "flip".

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »

Bill - I will let you know when these are ready, and when they are I will be happy to ship you the dual open port version and you can just return the older version back to me... no charge.
I don't want your money twice... but I will be interested in your opinion of our new design. I think you'll like it! 

Thanks Ken... You da MAN!!!!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: I can't wait to get my claw!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »

I wanted to keep my cig lighter free, in case i wanted charge my cell phone or whatever. So I added a new cig lighter under the fairing and also zip tied it clear and out of the way. Now I have just the cord with the larger connector strapped to the handle bar on the left side. So far it works really well and i like it a lot. I have a Riders Claw that holds it place very well. I found the Ipod charger kit at Best Buy. Came with the adaptor and a 3 ft long patch cord.  60.00 dollars if I remember, but worth every cent.

SE Junkie

• CVO Addict
  • 2005 SE2 (SEEG)

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
    • CVO2: 2001 FLTRSEI2
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • My CVO Bikes
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 02:14:34 AM »

I have 2 questions:

How can I tell which version of the claw, I have for my Nano.  Purchased 10/12/08?  Do I need to upgrade?  This is for my 05 SEEG.

I tried to plug my IPOD into my AUX outlet on my 01 SERG today.  Then I read the owners manual.  It's not a AUX input, it's for a CD input?  Invented in 01!  So I went to Radio Shack and bought one of those pseudo cassette tapes with a stereo input jack.  That solution worked for today, but it looks unprofessional and ugly.  Is there anything that I could do, short of swapping radios (as I'd like to keep the bike as stock as possible) to remedy my situation?  Can I turn the PJ into an AUX input jack?  Can I install a stereo input jack in an inconspicuous place and run wires into the radio and make it function? Can I do anything?  Am I just stuck with the ye ole cassette trick.  I really don't like the quality of the sound using one of those devises that uses a dead FM station and accomplishes what I want to do wirelessly.

Any advise good, bad, sarcastic or indifferent is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack     :o :confused5:
It's all about the ride & the people you ride with.

2005 FLHTCSE2, Luxury & Teal Green, AKA: SEEG

2001 FLTRSEI2- WAS 100% stock, Black, Platinum silver & Charcoal, AKA: SERG.

2009 FLTRSE3, Stardust Silver & Titanium Dust, AKA: SERG.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 06:25:01 AM »

I plug my ipod directly into that AUX jack, switch to AUX on the radio and it works fine
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.