Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Garage Door Opener  (Read 4119 times)

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
HD Garage Door Opener
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »

OK folks.......I have read every post on here I can find about the HD remote garage door opener and still cannot get mine to work.   >:( >:(

I have on 05  :cherry: EG, the tranmitter on the bike lights up the way it supposed to, the receiver lights up the way it suposed to, the light on the receiver goes off and back on the way it is supposed to when I activiate from low beam to high beam, back to low beam (or vise versa.....I tried both ways). Checked the wires from the receiver to the opener and they are good and I know I have them hooked to the correct terminals on my opener (It is a Genie Intelicode opener, but others have posted that their's works with the Genie). I have reprogramed it a number of times. I have tried moving the receiver as far away from the opener as possible and as close to the receiver as possible. I do not have the receiver plugged into the same circuit as the opener. I am stuck and can't figure out what the problem is.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.........

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Re: HD Garage Door Opener
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:50:04 PM »

I went through all the steps you describe and was ready to give up when I tried one last thing. All my lights were working just like you say, I tried reprograming a ton of times, etc. - everything you've done.

Finally I moved the receiving unit over to the side wall, running the wires across the ceiling and down the wall. It has worked great sinced then.

Oh, I had forgotten. At first when I couldn't get it to work the dealership told me to bring the receiving unit in for exchange - that they had had some issues with bad units. But, even with the new unit it would not work until I moved it FAR away from the opener.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

JDleee,

All the receiver does is momentarily make a connection between the two points on the back of your operator. With a short jumper wire, jump across the two points you have the wires runs to, and make sure the door operates. Very possible you have the wrng two screws.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »

JDleee,

All the receiver does is momentarily make a connection between the two points on the back of your operator. With a short jumper wire, jump across the two points you have the wires runs to, and make sure the door operates. Very possible you have the wrng two screws.

Yep, did that just to make sure I had the right terminals.

Guess I'll try moving the receiver again like ad2 says to, but have tried it in many parts of the garage so far with no success. I'm just stumped on this one.  :nixweiss:

Thanks for the suggestions though.....

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »

Pull out of the garage. My 1st one wouldn't set while I was inside.

07street

• Full CVO Member
    • http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/04mastiff/
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

mine wont work while inside the garage however works great when the bike is outside
cant explain why but thats how it works

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »

mine only works if my bike is within about 10 feet of the receiver, and front wheel is pointed at the receiver.

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »

Thanks guys. Spent most of the day trying all the suggestions, even tried it on my other garage door opener and still nothing. Guess it's off to the stealership to see if they can tell me what is wrong..... >:(

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 09:17:42 PM »

Went to the dealer and picked up a new receiver today. Hooked it up tonight and it is working great. Doesn't matter where I put the receiver in the garage, it works like a champ.  :) :) Opens from about a block or so away from the house.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and attempts to help. Especially Silver-Black!!!!

sbse

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 12:31:56 AM »

How much was the new receiver?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »

So, you had bad parts, good to find.

In case anyone else has a problem I was going to suggest, a, make sure you are not switching the high beam too fast and b. rolling code garage door openers require a different procedure to operate with remotes like on our bikes and HomeLink transmitters (autos).

Just have to check the manual.

I don't remember the procedure but I have the Genie "intelligent" opener and it works great. I can open the door 3-400 feet away usually.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »

How much was the new receiver?

It was $52.66 less a $9.29 discount for being an MVP memeber, so basically $44 bucks. BTW - It comes with the wires to run from the reciever to the opener.  :)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »

It was $52.66 less a $9.29 discount for being an MVP memeber, so basically $44 bucks. BTW - It comes with the wires to run from the reciever to the opener.  :)

Glad you got it taken care of.
Buying a new receiver was the last step.
If that didn't work it was time for the Sledge Hammer!
That never fixes anything but it makes me feel better!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.