Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Favorite GPS unit and why?  (Read 14308 times)

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
Re: Favorite GPS unit and why?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 03:07:54 PM »

CD, looked there just to see if they'd reinvented the mouse trap in some unique or interesting way.

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 03:14:25 PM »

2Lane
I figured you had the same cord since it appears you bought the motorcycle mounting kit.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 04:03:41 PM »

Never mind.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 04:08:27 PM »

you know you really got her pissed when your instructed to make a U-turn as soon as possible
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 04:11:30 PM »

you know you really got her pissed when your instructed to make a U-turn as soon as possible

That made me feel bad, it's true.  It was worse though when she said "Please park your mortorcycle, get off and walk, you are fu*king hopeless.  Have a nice day."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »

Now I know I've gotta get one if they keep you company and make you feel like you're back home.  Har! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2005, 04:56:20 PM »

My 2720 showed up today.  I haven't heard this b!TcH that everyone's talking about yet, because I've just been playing with it in the house, but this thing is really intuitive to use!  It also came with mapping software similar to MS Street & Trips that can be used to upload routes and waypoints to the unit as well as retrieve data from the unit via USB.

Looks like it will be a really slick tool to have on the bike!  Now I just have to get my mounting hardware and power cord for the bike, but I guess there's still plenty of winter left to do that. :'(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2005, 05:03:39 PM »

Hey Brian, it's too early to be unwrapping your Christmas presents, even if you gave it to yourself. Har!  Where did you get this one from?  I saw some people on eBay taking advance orders.  Please keep up w/ the info I'm gonna need in terms of what to get etc (TwoLane's already done a good job of that though) 'cause I'm gonna break down and get one someday and will need to know the in's and out's of the whole deal.  thanks, spyder [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2005, 05:13:43 PM »

Spyder, I got it off eBay.  Here's the auction/price: Garmin 2720  It was the best price I'd seen running over the last couple of weeks.

The 2720s are in good supply, although this particular guy did oversell his stock which caused a delay in getting mine while he got more from his supplier.  You should not have to wait too long if you want the 2720.  It's the 2730 that everyone is taking the advance orders on.  They are supposed to be available right after the first of the year sometime.

I'm debating between two different types of mounts.  The one 2LR has and another.  Not sure which way I'll go, but I'll keep you posted!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2005, 05:22:47 PM »

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I'll give it a try.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2005, 06:14:21 PM »

Garmin 2620, like the pre-loaded maps feature and have not had a problem with the hard-drive on scooter. Also use it in the SUV, and it's even better in a quieter atmosphere  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] May go to a newer version 27XX when the pricing comes down, after initial market frenzy. Would like to have some voice options as in Sexy, sedate, seductive and "wake up you dumb chit you're now on the airport taxiway"  [smiley=2cr_01.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2005, 10:29:44 PM »

My 2720 showed up today.

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2005, 02:17:21 PM »

This thread has really helped make sense of what one needs to consider when purchasing a new GPS, it has also provided options on mounts and wiring.  I've decided to order a 2720, now I need to look at what mount will work best with my SEEG.

Thanks for starting the thread Don

Black Dog [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

Black Dog, good choice!  I've been having a ball with mine and it's only been uptown and back so far.  I'm going to take some photos and give some a short review of the functionality of this machine sometime soon.  Worth every penny I paid for it!

The lady does get rather annoyed when you deviate from her assigned route, however.  Found that out today when my wife to the shortcut to McDonalds.  Once she figures out you're not going her way, she says, "Recaculating" in a very disgusted tone of voice, LOL!  I'm not going to want to listen to that chit for very long, I can tell you that!  Also, by the time she comes on and tells you it's time to turn, it seems she's a little late.  I agree with Don, the written directions on the display are more than adequate and easy to see and interpret at a glance.

Well, there was a short review of the mean lady, anyway.  More to follow later.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2005, 05:08:42 PM »

Hey 103t, does the 'mean lady' in the GPS have options?  Like, different languages?  Or, better still, ethnic accents?  If they went to the trouble to put mood inflections in the voice (recording?) why not have some real fun with it.........."yu silley chit, why yu no turn last road?"   Marketing!  I'd pay extra, wouldn't you?  Har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.