Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Garmin 2730 Street Pilot arrived...........  (Read 12650 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Garmin 2730 Street Pilot arrived...........
« on: January 20, 2006, 10:32:07 AM »

Got it last night.  Plugged it in the wall to charge it, set the sattelite antenna outside for a few minutes to get it's bearings and turned it on.  Waallaaaaaa [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Don't have the XM radio activated yet but will piggy back off the account from the one in the BMW soon.  Never had a GPS before, so of course I found it very interesting and fascinating.......new toy satisfying the OCD! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  

I do need to get some way of attaching it to the bike.  Any suggestions, ideas or what have you guys found to work?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Garmin 2730 Street Pilot arrived...........
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 10:40:35 AM »

www.gpscity.com check out the selection of ram mounts
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »

whats do they cost? ive been watching them on ebay but that isnt always the best place to buy. jc - your going to like that for you cross country trip this summer

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 11:34:48 AM »

www.gpscity.com check out the selection of ram mounts
I'm telling you, he is better than google! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 11:38:04 AM »

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132935548/12#12

JC, check out that post.  Has links to specific parts.  The whole thread was about mounts if I remember correctly.

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 07:15:04 PM »

I got mine too.  Not as happy as I'd hoped I would be.

#1  It didn't come with the MapSource software, which is half the fun wile planning trips.  We have some nice but complicated routes in the Hill Country down here, and I wanted to be able to set my Nav Points in advance, etc.

#2  The FM Transmitter has a lot of static because there are very few channels that aren't picking up a little something, so transmitting to a channel that will be open in differnet areas is almost impossible.  It will require you to change to a new channel on the radio and the GPS.  It is not a huge issue because the I can use the aux input, but in the car, it doesn't work which means the XM is as useful.

#3  The XM doesn't work to well indoors of course, so I can really use the GPS as my XM radio for this reason and #2.

#4  Of the 4 or 5 pre-loaded destinations I have navigated to, 3 of them have been wrong, and one of them had me get off the highway, just to through the light to the next on ramp back to the highway.

#5  Map updataes are about $50, and I you cannot tell if it has any updates that will be beneficial.

#6  The XM Traffic/Weather is not available in my area.

Don't get me wrong, I like the unit, it's just that those things were just sort of a bummer.  I think I'll enjoy it more when the MapSource Software comes in and I can program my destinations myself rather than relying on the preloaded ones.

84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »

I have owned a number of Garmin gps units, both on the water and for land use.  For those that have no prior experience with a gps here are a couple of observations:

1. Don't be obsessed with the gps instructions to the point where you abandon your own good judgment.  They don't always get it right.  You can increase your chances by setting up the "preferences" to tell the unit what type of roads to avoid.
2. When using the auto-route function try not to give the gps too much discretion.  Anotherwords, do not give it a start and end point and let it choose the entire route.  The more waypoints you specify the more input you have in the actual route.  
3. Bring a back-up hard copy map which can be used at your evening's destination to go over the proposed route in your gps.  Put the gps in simulation mode and see if you still like the route after comparing it with your hard copy map.    
4.  The hardest part of the route for me is finding my actual destination for the evening.  This has become a great deal easier by programming in the actual street address of the motel/hotel  vs. the name of the town.
5. Don't forget batteries so you can do the simulations off the bike and over a cold one.
A gps is a great tool that can allow you to enjoy the scenery without having to stop for directions.  Upon furthe rreview, I retract that last comment since we all know stopping for directions is never an option.

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 05:51:43 PM »

I appreciate all this information guys.  Being new to GPS, I didn't know what to expect.  Haven't played with it too much, yet.....just been to busy.  But am curious how you load in a specific address that you want to go to?  Guess I probably better read the directions. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Thanks again, for your contributions to this thread! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 08:47:27 AM »

I appreciate all this information guys.  Being new to GPS, I didn't know what to expect.  Haven't played with it too much, yet.....just been to busy.  But am curious how you load in a specific address that you want to go to?  Guess I probably better read the directions. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Thanks again, for your contributions to this thread! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Putting in an address:  use the "find" option on your gps.  It will give you choices including finding an address.  Use the keypad (kind of like adding a name in your cell phone directory) to plug in the actual address.  It becomes a waypoint on your route and will give you  directions to the front of the establishment.  Very cool!    

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 10:22:07 AM »

I do need to get some way of attaching it to the bike.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 10:25:44 AM by porthole2 »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »

Yes, I'd like to see a photo of just the mount if you get time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 10:38:54 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 08:44:27 PM »

Putting in an address:

West Coast GTG   

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 12:33:53 AM »

Yes, I'd like to see a photo of just the mount if you get time.

MV 2013

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »

I've been using SAENG mounts for years, and really like their new models. One bolt mounting and very flexible as far as adjustments,etc. They offer 'platforms' for GPS as well as radar detectors.
Here's the front view of the GPS mount
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 10:39:03 PM by twolanerider »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 10:21:13 PM »

Finally getting ready to order the mount for the handlebars.  Used the GPS several times last weekend up in Reno and Tahoe and am quickly learning it's value.

I know the 2730 interfaces with the newer Harmon Cardin stereos but can somebody tell me what, if any advantage it'd be for me on my 04 SEEG in regards to the stereo system?

West Coast GTG   

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 09:35:58 AM »

Finally getting ready to order the mount for the handlebars.  Used the GPS several times last weekend up in Reno and Tahoe and am quickly learning it's value.

I know the 2730 interfaces with the newer Harmon Cardin stereos but can somebody tell me what, if any advantage it'd be for me on my 04 SEEG in regards to the stereo system?

I assume you can set your bikes fm to an unused channel and use the 2730's fm modulator to broadcast  xm thru your bikes stereo without wires.
Also voice prompts from the 2730 should also come thru to your bikes stereo.
I don't know how the weather and traffic integration works.  It may require the purchase of an another subscription

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 12:21:14 AM »

Thanks a bunch, IROAR.  That's how I use it in my truck.

O.K. another question.  This 2730 has a large disc like satellite antenna.  What the hell do I do with that when I'm on the bike?  I mean the GPS mounts to the handlbars but what about this large disc antenna? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 01:59:05 AM »

Whats up JC, what is a street pilot? I'm guessing for directions? Anyway I was wondering about sundays ride, is it on? I'm taking tuesday off so I can take my bike in for dyno. What are you doing on tuesday, maybe we can get together for lunch or something. I need to get your stuff back to you also, you know seat, rain gear and ect. Well, get back to me about sunday , if you get a chance. Allrighty then, talk to you soon. Jon

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 08:44:15 AM »

Thanks a bunch, IROAR.  That's how I use it in my truck.

O.K. another question.  This 2730 has a large disc like satellite antenna.  What the hell do I do with that when I'm on the bike?  I mean the GPS mounts to the handlbars but what about this large disc antenna? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JC,
Fortunately, your gps functions using a built-in antenna, but if you want the xm features you need to install a seperate antenna.  The xm module that Harley offers has a very small antenna that can be mounted in or on top of the fairing. It appears water resistant as well. I don't know if that antenna will work with your unit, but I bet it does. If your going to use this feature in multiple vehicles, I would invest in an extra antenna and have that permanently installed on the bike with the wire exiting near your handlebar mount.  I am jealous.  I still have the old street pilot 3.  
IROAR  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 11:52:08 AM »

Whats up JC, what is a street pilot? I'm guessing for directions? Anyway I was wondering about sundays ride, is it on? I'm taking tuesday off so I can take my bike in for dyno. What are you doing on tuesday, maybe we can get together for lunch or something. I need to get your stuff back to you also, you know seat, rain gear and ect. Well, get back to me about sunday , if you get a chance. Allrighty then, talk to you soon. Jon

Jon, it's a GPS unit that mounts on the handlebars.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:54:45 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 12:23:27 PM »

JC;

I mounted mine inside the fairing on top of the radio, reception is fine there, ran the wire out the handlebar hole. The GM30 antenna is 280CAD from Garmin, for that price I figuered if I ever want XM in my truck I'd pick up a $100 SkyFi2 or something. I don't know if another antenna would work or not, you'd have to make sure it had the same type connector (or splice one in) to fit the port on the 2730.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 12:01:05 AM »

I was asked about the motorcycle cradle that has the security screw in the top, to keep somebody from just walking off with it.

Here's the link to what I bought.........
http://www.gpscity.com/search.htm

The first photo shows my GPS from the back, mounted and locked in place.  You'll notice the security screw seated and recessed into the top, center of the mount.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 12:05:24 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 12:09:18 AM »

This photo shows the unit latched and secured in place.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 12:11:36 AM »

This photo shows the screwdriver with the security bit seated into the top of the security screw (hollow point torx) releasing the security screw.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 12:12:31 AM »

This photo shows the unit unlatched.......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 12:13:33 AM »

This photo shows the cradle with the GPS removed.......

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 01:04:56 AM »

JC, that link only goes to the search page.  No specific item defined.  This one will go to a kit SKU that includes the cradle and the aux power/audio cable.  Here you go: http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-streetpilot-26xx-motorcycle-cradle-and-cable/sp26cradlepow.htm

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 11:16:26 AM »

JC, that link only goes to the search page.

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

For some reason, the only link I can see in Don's post is the one for the [size=26]patches[/size]. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:04:35 PM by 103tHunDer »

dmartin

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 01:02:20 AM »

JCZ,
What brand/model handlebar mount did you use with Garmin bracket? Did it require any mods? Thanks.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 01:54:42 AM »

For some reason, the only link I can see in Don's post is the one for the [size=26]patches[/size]. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

You better watch out.  Get too lippy and you'll get that link to www.postaltaco.com again  ;D [smiley=nervous.gif] .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »

You better watch out.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »

Ahh, Chit!! Before I deciphered this link I clicked on it. ::)

/me got "Punk'd"

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 12:55:28 AM »

Oh MY...

That chick was hot...thanks for the link twolane!!!
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2006, 05:33:27 AM »

link to www.postaltaco.com again

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2006, 09:25:12 AM »

Damn, and I was so close to blowing the 5 bucks to buy that domain for a year and putting something gross up there.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07:47 AM »

What I am missing here 2Lane [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Well Duane, sit back and let me tell you a story.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »

Thanks Don, for a minute I though it might have been something obscene, not that tacos in the mail for a few days isn't obscene, I just thought I might have to pre-screen before I brought the page up
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:58:27 PM by porthole2 »

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2006, 09:50:06 PM »

Thanks Don, for a minute I though it might have been something obscene, not that tacos in th email for a few days isn't obscene, I just thought I might have to pre-screen before I brought the page up
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »

Thanks Don, for a minute I though it might have been something obscene, not that tacos in the mail for a few days isn't obscene, I just thought I might have to pre-screen before I brought the page up

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 08:20:31 AM »

A suggestion I would make for additional MP3 storage is to delete (after backing up to your computer) all the extra language support...I left only american english...added another 170MB.

The voice guidance has this very sweet voiced lady interrupt a song to tell me where to go, then she politely returns to the song where she left off.

Anne was annoyed by the interruption.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 10:09:17 PM »

JCZ,
What brand/model handlebar mount did you use with Garmin bracket? Did it require any mods? Thanks.

JC, not sure if you saw this question, but I'd like to know this, too.  Looks like a nice setup versus the plain ol' u-bolt that I'm not a big fan of.  Can you post a link to it for us?

Also, what's the cable going in here for (see photo below)????  XM antenna???

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2006, 08:44:59 PM »

assuming the other is power and i see the audio plug, i'd guess its an external antenna
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:25 PM »

It is actually a mini USB port...

The XM Antenna plugs in here as well as your computer.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:04:25 PM by WFP »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 10:06:43 PM »

OK, so does anyone[/b] know where this part came from?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »

Try this,
http://www.techmounts.com/products/index.php?page_function=detail&product_id=61

It looks like the right mount.I used that to mount my 2720 GPS. also bought the black plate with rubber groments to isolate the same mounting dock.(Removed the chrome plate and just used the black on the stalk)http://www.techmounts.com/products/index.php?page_function=detail&product_id=19
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:56:17 AM by VaEagle »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2006, 01:44:03 AM »

JC, not sure if you saw this question, but I'd like to know this, too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 01:50:10 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2006, 10:34:11 AM »

I'm still getting PMs about which handlebar mount I'm using so for everybody else, here's my response:

O.K. ...........here it is...."Part #30997MC Handlebar Mount 1" Mini Chrome"  
http://estore.websitepros.com/817592/Categories.bok  

Go to their web site and type the part number in their search box.

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

Thanks VaEagle, JC, 2lane and WFP for your help!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:13:35 PM by 103tHunDer »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »

Thanks VaEagle, JC, 2lane and WFP for your help!

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2006, 10:56:49 AM »

Terry got me a year subscription to satellite radio, for my birthday.  Man this woman takes care of me......I don't know whatever made me think I could live without her. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I got the XM Satellite radio, satellite traffic and weather activated last night and with hd-dude's help on some brainless thing to others that know all this electronic stuff.......I got to actually listen to it last night, on my bike.

It actually plays louder then my stereo or CD player and I was surprised at that.  Just a quick note to say that I am very happy with this set up........if you own an 04 or earlier model (a bike that doesn't already have XM or MP3 built in) then you might want to consider this route.

J.C.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2006, 11:48:24 AM »

Terry got me a year subscription to satellite radio, for my birthday.

JC, what were the rates above and beyond the normal XM rate for the SAT traffic and weather?

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2006, 10:46:05 PM »

It actually plays louder then my stereo or CD player and I was surprised at that.

JC;
Are you using it w/ the FM broadcast or the aux jack? I find the volume is too low at speed on the FM.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2006, 02:47:01 AM »

JC, what were the rates above and beyond the normal XM rate for the SAT traffic and weather?

I don't know Don......she's not telling me.  But she did get me hooked up on her family plan so it wasn't much beyond her original subscription for her BMW.

JC;
Are you using it w/ the FM broadcast or the aux jack? I find the volume is too low at speed on the FM.
 Bungy, I use the aux jack with the same cable that I use for my Nano iPod.  Haven't used the FM broadcast because I don't want to have to start looking for FM frequenceies that aren't broadcasting as I move down the highway any distance at all.  With the cable, the volumn is very loud......and I like that. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

By the way, thanks to you too Bungy.  I remember you helped me out with some information too, early on.......I appreciate it.

J.C.

West Coast GTG   

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »

No worry's JC, glad to help. Did Jim do the install? I'm getting a hell of a buzz on the speakers w/ the aux jack, must be a bad ground or something.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2006, 01:56:19 PM »

No worry's JC, glad to help. Did Jim do the install? I'm getting a hell of a buzz on the speakers w/ the aux jack, must be a bad ground or something.

Yes, Jim did my install.  You might want to contact him about the buzz......I think he can help you.  The guy is a wiring wizard.....and never cracks a book or a schematic!  Of course that's all he does for a day job......designing fire sprinkler alarms systems for the skyscrapers all over the bay area.

West Coast GTG   

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »

I was asked about the motorcycle cradle that has the security screw in the top, to keep somebody from just walking off with it.

The first photo shows my GPS from the back, mounted and locked in place.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2006, 11:05:30 AM »

The first photo shows my GPS from the back, mounted and locked in place.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:35 AM »

How looks like?....Good...thanks to all of your guys...... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »

Other pic [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 24 queries.