Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 2010 SEUC Owners-make your LED tourpack light bar as Turnsignals  (Read 4880 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010

With a nice product from Custom Dynamics (Eclipze Module-$24.95 pair), you can easily make the end corner lights of your LED light bar on your tourpack as left and right turnsignals as well as them still being running lights.

The LED tourpack light strip is actually 3 seperate lights.  The center light will still be run/stop as from the factory and I added a Ebay purchased brake light modulator to it for around $17.50..

Back at the 3 LED light strip inside the tourpack is a 6-7 wire plug that powers the 3 LED lights.  The purple/blue wires are run and the black wires are ground.

The Eclipze module has 3 input wires and 2 output wires.  I wired these 2 modules into the wiring just before the 6-7 wire connector that connects to the 3 LED tour pack lights.

Eclipze input side (3 wires)-from harness

Black-    to black Ground wires in harness
Red-      to purple/blue bike wires-running lights
Orange- to RH or LH turnsignal from rear harness under seat-you will have to run a RH and LH signal wire into the   
            tourpack for this.

Eclipze output side (2 wires) to 3 LED light strip

Black-   to black ground to lights.
Red-     to purple/blue to run lights.

Below is a picture of the modules-the module and wiring is about 6" long.

When done-corner lights of the tourpack will be run/turn amd the center light will still be run/stop.

Ultra2010

Re: 2010 SEUC Owners-make your LED tourpack light bar as Turnsignals
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:43:07 PM »

Good Info Boatman, Thank you.  Now I've got something else to do.................

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:43:06 AM »

With a nice product from Custom Dynamics (Eclipze Module-$24.95 pair), you can easily make the end corner lights of your LED light bar on your tourpack as left and right turnsignals as well as them still being running lights.

The LED tourpack light strip is actually 3 seperate lights.  The center light will still be run/stop as from the factory and I added a Ebay purchased brake light modulator to it for around $17.50..

Back at the 3 LED light strip inside the tourpack is a 6-7 wire plug that powers the 3 LED lights.  The purple/blue wires are run and the black wires are ground.

The Eclipze module has 3 input wires and 2 output wires.  I wired these 2 modules into the wiring just before the 6-7 wire connector that connects to the 3 LED tour pack lights.

Eclipze input side (3 wires)-from harness

Black-    to black Ground wires in harness
Red-      to purple/blue bike wires-running lights
Orange- to RH or LH turnsignal from rear harness under seat-you will have to run a RH and LH signal wire into the   
            tourpack for this.

Eclipze output side (2 wires) to 3 LED light strip

Black-   to black ground to lights.
Red-     to purple/blue to run lights.

Below is a picture of the modules-the module and wiring is about 6" long.

When done-corner lights of the tourpack will be run/turn amd the center light will still be run/stop.

You said that when you are done, the corner lights will be run/turn.  What about stop?  I'm hoping that you just forgot to mention stop, since I would hate to give up the brake lights on the ends.  If this is the case, Ride Time Technology makes a kit that I used to change my end lights to LED and make them stop, run, and brake lights...but this is on my 09.  I didn't see anything on the site mentioned for the 2010's, but I'd give them a call to see if they have something that will work for the 2010.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:38:14 AM »

You said that when you are done, the corner lights will be run/turn.  What about stop?  I'm hoping that you just forgot to mention stop, since I would hate to give up the brake lights on the ends.  If this is the case, Ride Time Technology makes a kit that I used to change my end lights to LED and make them stop, run, and brake lights...but this is on my 09.  I didn't see anything on the site mentioned for the 2010's, but I'd give them a call to see if they have something that will work for the 2010.

The center section of the tour pack LED light bar is still run/stop.   There is plenty of stop light on an 2010  tourpack already.  The addition of the Eclipze modules gives us turnsignals too (and still have running lights in all 3 sections).

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:58 AM »

The center section of the tour pack LED light bar is still run/stop.   There is plenty of stop light on an 2010  tourpack already.  The addition of the Eclipze modules gives us turnsignals too (and still have running lights in all 3 sections).

I'm not trying to start a battle, but I'm just not seeing much logic to getting rid of two-thirds of your brake lights on your tourpack.  With the parts that wrap around the side, it looks like each end light is about the same total surface as the center light, and you have gotten rid of two out of three of them for braking purposes.  I think that all lights are important, but I just think that brake lights are probably the most important.  I would have never put the kit on mine to change mine to turn signals, knowing I would lose the brake lights (although mine obviously doesn't have the center light and it would have been really stupid for me to do that on mine).  Hey, maybe it's just me, since I haven't seen anyone else chime in with the same thoughts.

Anyway, while you're at changing the lights back there, that same company, Ride Time Technology, has an inexpensive kit that changes the lights down the side of the tourpack into turn signals also. You may want to check that out.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »

From the factory, the corner/end lights never were brake lights-just running lights.

No offense taken-every one has different thoughts/ideas.    :2vrolijk_21:

From my friends that have followed me, they all said I didn't need more brake lights on the rear so I left it at that.

Appreciate your input and other 10 owners now know they have another choice on what they can have on the rear tourpack.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »

From the factory, the corner/end lights never were brake lights-just running lights.

No offense taken-every one has different thoughts/ideas.    :2vrolijk_21:

From my friends that have followed me, they all said I didn't need more brake lights on the rear so I left it at that.

Appreciate your input and other 10 owners now know they have another choice on what they can have on the rear tourpack.

I can't even believe that the outer lamps were only running lamps from the factory.  I can't even remember now if that's the way mine was or not.  Maybe I added turn signals and brake lights at the same time.  I guess it just seems like they have always been that way.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 05:40:26 PM »

I can't even believe that the outer lamps were only running lamps from the factory. 

The MOCO has some serious bean counters.      :soapbox:     :cherry:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »

A few friends followed me today and they stated the turnsignals were ok when it was darker but when the sunlight came out, they could not be seen.  The problem is not the modules from Custom Dynamics as the stock led's are only so bright in the run position and all the module does is make them blink. 

They were bright in the garage so I thought I had a winner.  If the end led's would have been dual intensity like the center run/brake light, I would have been ok..

CBW

• 1K CVO Member
  • HOG,AMA,ABATE
    • PA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDFSE
    • CVO3: 1984 FXE,1964 FLH
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »

Thats pretty cool, I think I might try this on mine,thanks :2vrolijk_21:
RIDE SAFE and Never RIDE faster than your guardian angel can fly.

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »

I have also looked at the lights on the LED bar, and also was looking at making them turn signal, but unless we can increase the intensity of the lights it is not much help.  Has anyone been able to remove the lens so that it is possible to get at the LED board?  I believe there is a dropping resistor on the board, and it could be possible to change this value to increase the intensity.

Ultra2010

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »

I have also looked at the lights on the LED bar, and also was looking at making them turn signal, but unless we can increase the intensity of the lights it is not much help.  Has anyone been able to remove the lens so that it is possible to get at the LED board?  I believe there is a dropping resistor on the board, and it could be possible to change this value to increase the intensity.

Someone is sure to figure this out, it won't be me, but when someone does I really hope they post it!!

CVO FF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic Riptide Blue/ Titanium Dust
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »

House of Hawgs has a nice eye catching LED stop, turn bar. Its aftermarket installed above the light on the tour pack. Stop runs through multiple patterns and turns are yellow LED. I found him at a show last year and my buddy installed one on his ultra. What a difference. Owner does good work and lifetime warranty on his custom LED's.

I agree moco missed the boat on this one. Should have standard stop, turn, running in all three tour pack LED's.
Fullsac X pipe
Fullsac 2.0 power cores
TTS w/Fullsac Map
HD SE Ventilator
Anderson Tour Pack Extender
EZ up center stand
House of Hawgs LED tourpack light
Zumo 660

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 11:29:17 PM »

I can't even believe that the outer lamps were only running lamps from the factory.  I can't even remember now if that's the way mine was or not.  Maybe I added turn signals and brake lights at the same time.  I guess it just seems like they have always been that way.

The 09's were run/brake from the factory. 

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »

Bob-   you always find someting new,,,   now wondwer we keep you around... :orange: :orange:

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »

The 09's were run/brake from the factory. 

So I am in here researching what I might be able to do with my Tour Pak corner LEDs to turn them into a turn signal/running light combo. This module looks like the "almost" answer with the intensity issue looming out there.

Also, I checked my LED bar and only the center bar acts as running/brake light. The corner LEDs are only a running light.

Did anyone come up with a "bright" turn signal/running light solution for the LEDs that doesn't require changing out the stock corner LEDs?

If  that is not available, is there an after-market corner LED replacement for the newer models (post '09) that acts as run/turn or run/brake/turn light?

The Ride-Time LED replacement seems to be meant to replace a bulb. I am not sure if the mechanical layout/dimensions of the older bulb lights is the same as the newer LED lights. If so, I suppose one could cut off the bulb adapter and wire directly. Anyone know if the mechanical aspects are the same between the older bulb lights and the new LED lights?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »

Go to "adding turn signals to LED tourpack lights" by fellow member JDOFLHRIDER under the SEUC heading.

He makes a kit from Harley parts that will make the outside tourpack lights to be brake lights as well as turnsignals and they are the correct brightness.  They still will be running lights also.  Highly recommended.

This thread was before his fix.

Order the kit from him.  Best to send private message.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.547 seconds with 21 queries.