Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2010 SEUC Owners-make your LED tourpack light bar as Turnsignals  (Read 4879 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: 2010 SEUC Owners-make your LED tourpack light bar as Turnsignals
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »

The 09's were run/brake from the factory. 

So I am in here researching what I might be able to do with my Tour Pak corner LEDs to turn them into a turn signal/running light combo. This module looks like the "almost" answer with the intensity issue looming out there.

Also, I checked my LED bar and only the center bar acts as running/brake light. The corner LEDs are only a running light.

Did anyone come up with a "bright" turn signal/running light solution for the LEDs that doesn't require changing out the stock corner LEDs?

If  that is not available, is there an after-market corner LED replacement for the newer models (post '09) that acts as run/turn or run/brake/turn light?

The Ride-Time LED replacement seems to be meant to replace a bulb. I am not sure if the mechanical layout/dimensions of the older bulb lights is the same as the newer LED lights. If so, I suppose one could cut off the bulb adapter and wire directly. Anyone know if the mechanical aspects are the same between the older bulb lights and the new LED lights?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: 2010 SEUC Owners-make your LED tourpack light bar as Turnsignals
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »

Go to "adding turn signals to LED tourpack lights" by fellow member JDOFLHRIDER under the SEUC heading.

He makes a kit from Harley parts that will make the outside tourpack lights to be brake lights as well as turnsignals and they are the correct brightness.  They still will be running lights also.  Highly recommended.

This thread was before his fix.

Order the kit from him.  Best to send private message.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.