Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stereo clearance  (Read 758 times)

T bone

• Junior CVO Member
stereo clearance
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:55:29 PM »

Hello all

somewhere a while ago, someone mentioned that the heads on the bolts that hold down the handlebar clamps are too tall...that the bang against the bottom of the harmon cardon stereo causing the circuit board in the stearo to crack....and that the remedy is are bolts with "thinner" heads.....does anyone know if this...and if so, can anyone provide the part number for such?

best regards

Larry

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
Re: stereo clearance
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »

Tbone,  I have heard the same thing about the radio touching the riser clamps being bad for the radio.  I dont know anything with reguard to swaping to thiner clamp bolts.

What i do have to offer is an alturnative method of obtaining additional clearance. During a yaffe Monkey bar install i did recently, i ended up having to shorten the handlebar riser by 3/8's of an inch. its a long story why, but it had to do with the sweap of the bars and the fairing openings. 

Anyway, the result was also nearly 3/8's of an inch gap between the radio and raiser clamp. It cost me like 15 bucks to have the local machine shop place the uncaped riser upside down on the flat plain of an upright mill, and shave off some materal.  removing one clamp and riser at a time is a relitivly simple matter.  And you can remove as little materal as you might wish, just as long as its equal from both risers.

Not saying its the best solution, just an alturnative, should nothing else simpler work out for you.
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: stereo clearance
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »

Here's a link to the Service Bulletin which includes the part no. for the new screws:

http://www.box.net/shared/mrgfg1m8de

This came from Harley Tech Talk forum; an outstanding source for HD information.

Carl

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.