Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New model from Garmin Streetpilot 2820  (Read 2147 times)

CVOdave

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide O/B
    • CVO2: 2017 CVO Street Glide O/B
New model from Garmin Streetpilot 2820
« on: May 11, 2006, 11:25:40 AM »

This model will be out in June. It includes everything from the 2730 model, and adds Bluetooth. Bluetooth allows you to have a ear device that is wireless and allows you to hear directions, MP-3's, and with the right cell phone, wireless cell phone. I've looked around and have seen prices from 815.00 to 850.00. Some dealers are taking advance orders.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: New model from Garmin Streetpilot 2820
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 03:59:19 PM »

I just bought one from getfeetwet.com .  Cost me $809.00 and change for the unit itself.  I'll let ya know how I like in a few weeks...  I hope.  (the realese date is set as 05 June)
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

CVOdave

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide O/B
    • CVO2: 2017 CVO Street Glide O/B
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »

Are they shipping to you to have by the 5th of June, or are they just getting them in on that date? I'm going on a trip from Michigan to Hilton Head on the 9th of June, so it would be close either way.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 11:56:25 AM »

I am not sure.  I couldn't seem to get any real info from the kid I talked to.  (He seemed knowledgable to a certain extent, but they hadn't let him in on the ship date....)  Garmin says the auth'd dealers will have them the 5th, but that's all they would say.  GetFeetWet is an auth'd dealer with a gauranteed allocation, but I still don't know how many or when.  (The kid I talked to also had a speech imediment that he picked up in Pakistan  ::), so it was a little difficult to get things straightened out to say the least.......)  I'll let ya know, but by then, it's definitely too late.  Sorry
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

This model will be out in June. It includes everything from the 2730 model, and adds Bluetooth. Bluetooth allows you to have a ear device that is wireless and allows you to hear directions, MP-3's, and with the right cell phone, wireless cell phone. I've looked around and have seen prices from 815.00 to 850.00. Some dealers are taking advance orders.

Just wish Bluetooth were as seamless and "universal" as it's supposed to be (and too often isn't).  If so this would be a slick combination with something like the new Nolan N102 or some other helmet with the built in Bluetooth and audio.  Keep your fingers crossed it's as good as you might hope.  

I actually liked the nav/mapping controls and functionality of the 2610/2620 better than the 2720/2730.  They were both good.  But the 27XX series actually dumbed things down just a bit.  When it's what's available, however, that's what guys had to go with though....

If the 28XX adds Bluetooth, keeps the new weather mapping, and regains the mapping and other control benefits of the 26XX that would be a slick unit indeed.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:33:10 PM »

I'm Stilllllllllllllll waiting!   No word on an actual release date that I can find.  Anyobdy got a way to find out for sure?  
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 24 queries.