Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Zumo 660 installed with NIM on my 2012 CVO Street Glide  (Read 4058 times)

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
Zumo 660 installed with NIM on my 2012 CVO Street Glide
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »

I finally got the NIM to work on my 2012 CVO Street Glide.  I actually took the wireing harness apart and used the lead that pluged into the NIM!!  The NIM Audio out to the 35PIN on radio,  CAM+ and CAM-, Pos and Gnd was solder into the main harness.  Works great all radio inputs WB IPOD FM AM will mute when GPS gives a command!!  The dealer told me it would not work due to missing connections on factory harness for 11 and 12 CVO Street Glides.  Some had installed a 6B connector but this is alot cleaner install!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Zumo 660 installed with NIM on my 2012 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »

Good for you.  I love it when they say it can't be done.  :2vrolijk_21:

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »

can you hear your phone thru the radio speakers too?
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »

can you hear your phone thru the radio speakers too?

The NIM does not allow a phone call or MP3 to interrupt the radio. The NIM is for turn prompts only thus the name Navigation Interface Module.

If your NIM interrupts the radio for a phone call then it is just a matter of time before it will activate the microphone and keep it active. Once this happens the only way to close the microphone circuit is to turn the bike off and then back on. The NIM is bad if it interrupts for a phone call or if it activates the microphone.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »

No I am not going to set up the Blue Tooth due to stated issues above. Plus I do not have a mic for the phone voice in installed!! :bananarock:

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »

Mitch;
any chance you can post step-by-step instructions on how you did this? I have a 2011 SESG and have been frustrated by this issue for months, with no answers from at least a half dozen HD service managers.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

Lawdog2148

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:07:42 AM »

I have a 2012 CVO street glide as well.  The factory said I couldn't hook the GPS up to the stereo to mute the stereo because I had the I-POD plug in the saddle bag.  So they ran the wire from the GPS and plugged it into the AUX plug on the stereo so I have to switch my stereo to AUX thus no music.  Am I reading correctly that you found a way that it will mute your music and work how it would with a GPS interface kit on a bike without the I-POD?
2012 Street Glide CVO Black

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »

You can have both the NIM and the IPod installed on the bike. One has nothing to do with the other.

Installation is simple if you can solder or splice wires from the NIM or the IPod onto the existing wires coming off the 28A connector on the back of the radio. You do have to insert the pins that come with these modules into the appropriate holes on the 28B connector.

The only difference between this bike and an Ultra Classic is that this bike does not have the 6b connector. The only thing you need the 6b connector for is power and the can bus. You can pick up power and the can bus from the radio wiring harness. You just have to splice these connections rather then have them plug and play.

Send me an email or give me a call and I will help you with this these connections.

jim@hdbomm.com

302-670-6368

If you call and I do not pick up, just leave a message and I will call you back.

Jim

Lawdog2148

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

Sounds good, not sure I have all the knowledge to do that, but I have a couple buddies that might.  I may be calling you.

Rob
2012 Street Glide CVO Black

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »

I have a 2012 CVO street glide as well.  The factory said I couldn't hook the GPS up to the stereo to mute the stereo because I had the I-POD plug in the saddle bag.  So they ran the wire from the GPS and plugged it into the AUX plug on the stereo so I have to switch my stereo to AUX thus no music.  Am I reading correctly that you found a way that it will mute your music and work how it would with a GPS interface kit on a bike without the I-POD?
Yes I installed the NIM but the harness that comes with the NIM will not work with the 11 and 12 CVO Street Glides.  You must plug the harness in to the NIM and only use that lead.  You will need to cut all of the wires out of the main harness except the NIM Audio out + and -.  You will use the factory installed pins to insert in to the 35 pin connector that plugs into the radio.  The other 4 wires must be connected into the main wiring harness. Can +,- and Pos, Gnd. :apple:

Brownie113

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »

Thanks for the tip on the GPS install.  I have an issue with my 660 with no sound with Blue Tooth compatable phone.  Music, etc remains on when phone icon is pressed to answer a call.  Navigation works fine and cuts out radio/XM/CB when commands are give.  Any ideas

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:30 AM »

Thanks for the tip on the GPS install.  I have an issue with my 660 with no sound with Blue Tooth compatable phone.  Music, etc remains on when phone icon is pressed to answer a call.  Navigation works fine and cuts out radio/XM/CB when commands are give.  Any ideas

Might help to read these:

http://www.hdbomm.com/GPS_to_NIM___Aux_Input.doc

http://www.hdbomm.com/NIM_What_It_Does___Does_Not_Do.doc

Jim@hdbomm.com

BlackDiamond11

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09:52 PM »

All this information is very disturbing to me!  I just had the Zumo 665 with the NIM wiring installed.  I picked up my bike close to closing and like usual would think that its all up and running.  Once I got home i realized "no antenna connected" for the XM and the voice cancelling is not working on the navigation.  I selected the "NAV" button on my radio and its not working either!!!!  What is the point of the NIM wiring?  And if this doesnt work on SESG's then why does Harley include this on an item that works with the bike when you select the year and model!?!  If this setup would not work the I dont understand why the offer it as an option.  VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

Brownie113

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »

I got help from a gaget man called Jim at www.hdbomm.com   Hope he can help you out.  Sounds like your GPS interface is connected wrong.  Your 665 nim should take care of your navigation but the XM requires an antenna that should be included with your GPS.  Jim may be able to help.  My problem was with the 660 that does not have XM.  My CVO had the XM in the original radio and did not need the additional antenna required for XM reception.  Good luck.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »

All this information is very disturbing to me!  I just had the Zumo 665 with the NIM wiring installed.  I picked up my bike close to closing and like usual would think that its all up and running.  Once I got home i realized "no antenna connected" for the XM and the voice cancelling is not working on the navigation.  I selected the "NAV" button on my radio and its not working either!!!!  What is the point of the NIM wiring?  And if this doesnt work on SESG's then why does Harley include this on an item that works with the bike when you select the year and model!?!  If this setup would not work the I dont understand why the offer it as an option.  VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

One thing to check is that your speaker switch is all the way back (light ON). This is required for the NIM to work. Can't help you on the NO antenna. You might want to check to be sure the shop installed the antenna and that it is connected. The XM antenna is included with the 665. The NAV button on the radio does nothing it is an old function, forget about it.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.