Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New LED Motolights causing extensive radio interference  (Read 1553 times)

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
New LED Motolights causing extensive radio interference
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:04:28 AM »

Wired everything as directed back home but never thought to turn radio on.  Now that I hauled her down to Florida the am/fm and CB suck when the lights are on.  Turn them off and things are fine.  There were some threads on this but they were dated.  Just wonder if any new ideas out there.  I have emailed Motolight but will likely not hear back until Monday.  Love the lights but would like at least the CB for our group rides.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: New LED Motolights causing extensive radio interference
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »

Do you have the high output LED's?
If so, there is a known problem with them that is supposed to be corrected in the newest versions.

I waited for the updated lights to come out before I replaced the bulbs. I have no interference with my current LED's 
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
Re: New LED Motolights causing extensive radio interference
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:56:05 AM »

Yes I do.  I had to wait a bit back in December while Motolight waited for their new supply to come in.  Spoke with their tech support yesterday.  He advised they are having an issue with the circuit board on the high outputs causing this issue.  Their supplier is working on the issue and hope to have a fix over the next week.  In the mean time he advised to try taking the ground off the battery and placing on the bike frame ground.  Have not had the time to try this.  Typical of Motolight he advised what ever they had to do to make me satisfied they would including a full refund if I desired.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.