Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Question regarding Dynamic Ringz/Magic Strobe install  (Read 1478 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Question regarding Dynamic Ringz/Magic Strobe install
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:23:29 PM »

I am contemplating adding Dynamic Ringz and a magic brake strobe from Custom Dynamics. I am also adding the LED wrap around tour pak lights and have the plug and play connector that ties into the factory harness under the seat I am told. My question is if I add the load equalizer for the dynamic ringz and add the magic brake strobe will it have any impact on adding the tour pak lights?

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Question regarding Dynamic Ringz/Magic Strobe install
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »

Hey Jesse I also have the magic strobe from Custom Dynamics with the badlands equalizer. I just added the airwing rack to my swinebox along with the smoked led lense light that goes on the rack. Then I ordered a wiring adapter from custom dynamics that has the same plugs as the badlands module, plugged it in downstream of the badlands module, wired the air wing led light to the adapter, and now the light on the tour pak rack strobes along with my brake lights.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »

Hey Jesse I also have the magic strobe from Custom Dynamics with the badlands equalizer. I just added the airwing rack to my swinebox along with the smoked led lense light that goes on the rack. Then I ordered a wiring adapter from custom dynamics that has the same plugs as the badlands module, plugged it in downstream of the badlands module, wired the air wing led light to the adapter, and now the light on the tour pak rack strobes along with my brake lights.

Oh man lol. I am not sure what to do. Maybe I should just add auxiliary lights up front I have wanted more light at night especially in the ditches.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »

Those Haloz turn signal bulbs actually throw a little bit of extra light to the sides at night. Then I put some of those cool magic billet bullet lights on some caliper mounts and they throw a good bit more. But then I added the daymaker headlight and I am not suffering for light up front no more.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 10:40:01 PM »

Those Haloz turn signal bulbs actually throw a little bit of extra light to the sides at night. Then I put some of those cool magic billet bullet lights on some caliper mounts and they throw a good bit more. But then I added the daymaker headlight and I am not suffering for light up front no more.

I'm leaning toward the Phase 7 Headlight Eastern PC has a ridiculous promo 179.95 shipped.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »

Get the phase 7 with passing lamps. I just did mine and it's a huge improvement over the head light alone.  I don't ride enough with the tp to start modifying it.  Up front is where it counts.  Stuart

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »

Get the phase 7 with passing lamps. I just did mine and it's a huge improvement over the head light alone.  I don't ride enough with the tp to start modifying it.  Up front is where it counts.  Stuart

I rarely ride without the tour pak and I already have the LED light bar I bought for cheap off of a forum member ;) Shipping it off to Joe at Xtreme for some Ruby paint. I like to be seen from the front AND back Stuey.   :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »

I'm leaning toward the Phase 7 Headlight Eastern PC has a ridiculous promo 179.95 shipped.

Ended up paying 164.95 for the Phase 7 headlight  ;)

Stu the headlight is to improve my night vision AND to be seen better for safety, the tour pak light is so some jerk off don't rear end me and the wife the kiddos need their mom and dad! Besides, it looks bad with all that open space so the Screaming eagle emblem and LED lights will be a nice addition  :bananarock:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »

true,,, good to be seen,,,  more lights the better,,,i remember that TIF2,,,(Rich) knew had to make a harness that was plug n play for tp lighting,,,   haven't seen him on here a whole lot lately,, but i do have his ph number,,   he is really good at wiring and keeping things tidy,,,     stuart

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »

true,,, good to be seen,,,  more lights the better,,,i remember that TIF2,,,(Rich) knew had to make a harness that was plug n play for tp lighting,,,   haven't seen him on here a whole lot lately,, but i do have his ph number,,   he is really good at wiring and keeping things tidy,,,     stuart

I bought a harness from Howard Lee that is plug and play so I should be all set. I was just wondering if adding a load equalizer or any of the above would alter that?  :nixweiss:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »

i had to use one with the LED turn signals...  i didn't put them back in yet after i added the passing lamps,, but i did leave it in there in place,,in case i want to add them again,,, getting at the battery is a PIA,,  thats why its still there...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 11:59:49 PM »

i had to use one with the LED turn signals...  i didn't put them back in yet after i added the passing lamps,, but i did leave it in there in place,,in case i want to add them again,,, getting at the battery is a PIA,,  thats why its still there...
Stu great idea you're a smart fellow. For now I just ordered the Phase 7. I think I will most likely move to the auxiliary light mounts and add the Phase 7 marker lights and maybe dynamic ringz in the turn signal spots.

What all is needed to add auxiliary lights to this bike Stu?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 12:22:45 AM »

I bought the hd aux lamp kit in chrome. 69818-06. That kits has everything you need.  Even the spot lamp switch that mounts on the lower fairing cap.  Also you will need 69228-04 turn signal kit. Then add in the passing lamps.  And trim rings if you want them. It get very pricy. We could have bought ultras   You get the tour pack with lighting, passing lamps and everything else we are trying to add on to make them comfy and practical like ultras.  :nixweiss: :nervous:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 12:27:57 AM »

I bought the hd aux lamp kit in chrome. 69818-06. That kits has everything you need.  Even the spot lamp switch that mounts on the lower fairing cap.  Also you will need 69228-04 turn signal kit. Then add in the passing lamps.  And trim rings if you want them. It get very pricy. We could have bought ultras   You get the tour pack with lighting, passing lamps and everything else we are trying to add on to make them comfy and practical like ultras.  :nixweiss: :nervous:

Except I can't touch the ground on an Ultra  :P I got the exact bike I want. My tour pak will still come off in about 2 mins. I am sticking with the CD dynamic ringz they should make me a bit more visible and the addition of the Phase 7 Headlight should be a huge improvement. Thanks Stu !!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »

A lot better than the stock headlight.   For sure!    I told you,,,,worse than a coke habit.  :'(
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.