Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Value of Screamin Eagle Pipes and Intake? Also... salvage value?  (Read 2559 times)

Skilter

Working on the appraisal of my wrecked FXR2. It had screamin eagle pipes and intake on it which I do not believe were standard per the history list. Any thought to the value of those things?

Thanks in advance...

Also... what is a good salvage value for this bike if I want to rebuild it? Thoughts?

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Value of Screamin Eagle Pipes and Intake? Also... salvage value?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »

I would keep it and try to rebuild it. Hopefully the frame is not too bad. It can be straightened. New frames are available from Harley almots 4,000 bucks but you must trun in your neck with numbers and they will put your old numbers on the new frame.. Forks and swing arms are available. Original pipes is another story. Years from now a FXR will be worth more than than used Dyna. Evo is a better long life motor. I think you would be sorry you got rid if it.
 Glad you are OK from the wreck. Give Thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ltank

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

Working on the appraisal of my wrecked FXR2. It had screamin eagle pipes and intake on it which I do not believe were standard per the history list. Any thought to the value of those things?

Thanks in advance...

Also... what is a good salvage value for this bike if I want to rebuild it? Thoughts?

Used...maybe $100-$150, if that.  You can buy the SE intake to this day, or an aftermarke that is equal or better.  The mufflers, depending on what they are and how good of shape they are in...it depends on finding the right buyer.  I recently Ebay'd SE mufflers off an '06 SEVROD, which are rare, but were scratched a bit, for $150 to New Zealand, and that included the Billet Clamps.  Might have gotten more, but they were just collecting dust in the basement, and that's the best bid I got after two listings.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Skilter

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »

Ins. Co. is offering almost $11K in total loss or $5,000 in repair with $5000 salvage cost. Just an fyi. Bike has 16000 miles on it.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:04 AM »

I would try to get it repaired in a way to keep the salvage label off the tittle. salvaged tittled bikes are difficult to insure and have extremely low resale value.
Ltank

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.