Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Road Glide®

To paint or not to paint

(1/3) > >>

d3v1ld0g:
So this happened on the way in to work this morning. Someone decided to go from my left across to my right lane in front of me and kick up a piece of metal that I hoped had just hit the windshield. At least it didn’t hit me in the face. Is it better to try and get it painted? What about the decal? Are they still available? Or does someone on here have a blue outer fairing they are ready to part with? Thanks

GregKhougaz:
Most auto dealers have at least one Dent Wizard and one touch up painter that they use. A lot of these guys can match almost anything. How about trying to go that route rather than a repaint?

d3v1ld0g:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on July 18, 2022, 10:25:00 AM ---Most auto dealers have at least one Dent Wizard and one touch up painter that they use. A lot of these guys can match almost anything. How about trying to go that route rather than a repaint?

--- End quote ---

Would I need new decals, or would they be able to paint around it?

Twolanerider:
The eagle as a decal never had a part number to order separately.  I've seen a couple of fairings touched up by airbrush guys and after being re-cleared the repair wasn't noticeable.  Good luck.

d3v1ld0g:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on July 18, 2022, 11:03:38 AM ---The eagle as a decal never had a part number to order separately.  I've seen a couple of fairings touched up by airbrush guys and after being re-cleared the repair wasn't noticeable.  Good luck.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version