Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New to me, lowering front end 2011 FLHTCUSE6  (Read 624 times)

Robs.Hog

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

New to me, lowering front end 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:16:19 PM »

I am sure it has been talked about and many have thoughts about it bet hey I am new to the group and new to the bike.

I am a short lil chit and admit it. At 5'6.5" (have to have the half...lol) the bike is a bit to tall for me. I have a heated seat which I wont give up ( I live in Canada, eh ). I had a Dyna and lowered the front end as well as the back end just cause of my height. Made all the diff in the world.

Anyways I installed a 1",2",3" lowering block on the ass end (I set it at 2") and it made a substantial difference but the bike is still a lil tall. I was wondering about lowering the front and if I can the same way I did with the Dyna. With the Dyna I opened the forks and removed that short white PVC tube cut an inch off it and put it back. Worked awesome.

Can I do that with the CVO, if so any special things I need to be aware of? I am thinking 1" min in the front and 2" in the back should be about perfect. I will run like that for a season maybe 2 and once I find the perfect height for me then can look at something better like shorter shocks and maybe progressive kits for the front (which btw cost an arm and leg in Canada).

I just got the bike and she is a beauty. ordered the manual (s) but they are 6 weeks away

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.