Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Recommendation 3" or 6" polisher for the bike?  (Read 6755 times)

RJW

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE5d #506
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Recommendation 3" or 6" polisher for the bike?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE hard candy
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE crimson
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSB (sold)
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 12:09:09 AM »

I own griots 3" and 6". Both are great for waxing and light polishing. If you have a dark color bike try chemical guys black light. Best I've found for these low speed foam pad units. Harley uses air powered 3" wool pads with 3M product to remove blems on the line. I'm old school...detailed for over 10 years back in the day. Foam is great, but in the right hands wool will outperform it
Fuel Moto 113 big bore kit, Ward Performance CNC heads, Wood TW-999 cams, SE cam plate, Zippers chain tensioners, Darkhorse lower end, H beam rods, Timken bearing, SE 58mm TB, 5.3 injectors, AIM clutch, D&D Boarzilla 2/1, Dynojet Power Vision, Dynojet Target Tune, JRI rear shocks, Legend AXEO front shocks

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »

I suggest the Porter-Cable as much for durability as well as price. It is economical and will last a LONG time, even if used regularly. The Cyclo does look interesting though, I have wanted one for a long time just hate to spend the money when the one I have works fine. I do disagree with the above statement that a small pad is for small area and a large pad for large area, we all have opinions, but mine is different with that one. I really think the larger pad gives a better more even application as long as it wil fit, even if you can only use half the dia on a spot. IMHO.

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE hard candy
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE crimson
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSB (sold)
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 07:33:10 PM »

I suggest the Porter-Cable as much for durability as well as price. It is economical and will last a LONG time, even if used regularly. The Cyclo does look interesting though, I have wanted one for a long time just hate to spend the money when the one I have works fine. I do disagree with the above statement that a small pad is for small area and a large pad for large area, we all have opinions, but mine is different with that one. I really think the larger pad gives a better more even application as long as it wil fit, even if you can only use half the dia on a spot. IMHO.

Agreed...Thats why I have both sizes. I use a 20 pound orbital to wax my cars. On the bikes I use the 6" where it fits, then switch over to the 3". If your on a budget though...I'd say go with the 3" if its only for your bike. If your going to do your cars as well get the 6".
Fuel Moto 113 big bore kit, Ward Performance CNC heads, Wood TW-999 cams, SE cam plate, Zippers chain tensioners, Darkhorse lower end, H beam rods, Timken bearing, SE 58mm TB, 5.3 injectors, AIM clutch, D&D Boarzilla 2/1, Dynojet Power Vision, Dynojet Target Tune, JRI rear shocks, Legend AXEO front shocks
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.