Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hard Water Problem  (Read 4257 times)

superbear

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - RED
    • CVO2: FLHXSE2 - Black Diamond / Crismon 2011
Re: Hard Water Problem
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »

I also have a well in in Alaska and hard water spots are a problem but I found Sun Wash Bike Wash, rinse well and use an Air Force Bike dryer eliminates most water spots and then a good wipe down with S100.  On my salt water boat I use white vinegar on the windows. Bottom line is get it dried as soon as you can if the water isn't able to sit on.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 10:16:36 AM »

I've been using that Mr. Clean thing for a couple of years and it works pretty good for the price. I don't use the soap though.  I have well water thats very hard and it's pretty brutal.

I only connect the thing for the final rinse, and it does the trick pretty well.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 12:46:45 PM »

Here is an idwea that I use and works great for me.

I put a plastic pail under the drain for the air conditioner for the house, now this water will have next to no dissolved minerals in it (real soft). I then went and bought a weed sprayer and put the air conditioner water in it. After I wash some of the bike I rince it with tap water and then rinse the parts i just washed with the AC water. This works great but make sure you pre rinse with the tap water first cuz that will rince all the soap off. If you don't pre rinse you will need alot more AC water to rinse all the soap. Then blow dry and Fluff....lol

Try it, it works GREAT.

Oh ya I also got a 5 gal jug and store it up. Don't store it to long cuz you will get a bacteria slime growth in it if you store it to long.

cheers and have fun
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »

Have a water softner in the garage and there are two cheap options, one of which I will go with.  Either put a spicket at the water softner or punch a hole in the garage wall and mount a spicket on the exterior.  I'll decide by 1 Oct and update this thread
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »

This is  a very complicated thread, I am just going to lett the local detail guy do mine when it's dirty, saves all the time and upfront money/ LOL
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.