Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glare Polish THEN a Wax?  (Read 2102 times)

doode

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Crimson Mist/Dark Slate
    • CVO2: 2006 CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod - SOLD
Glare Polish THEN a Wax?
« on: January 26, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

Looking at the Glare Polish. Doesn't look like they sell a wax. Does the bike not need to be waxed after polishing it with Glare?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Glare Polish THEN a Wax?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »

Looking at the Glare Polish. Doesn't look like they sell a wax. Does the bike not need to be waxed after polishing it with Glare?

Nope...if you follow the application directions for the Glare Pro Polish, adding wax is not necessary.  A lot of show cars, bikes, etc. do a final application of whatever brand of Carnuba wax, as it is supposed to give more depth to the shine.  In fact, you can add several layers of Carnuba, letting one layer cure/harden before applying the next.  Personally, I have not been able to see the difference when applying a layer of Carnuba over the Glare, but I suppose an argument could be made that it adds a "protective" layer.  But, the Carnuba has to be applied often to keep it on there and frankly, I don't think it's worth it.  Polishes and waxes are topics that are much like what's the best oil to use.  I use Glare exclusively, because it gives me the results I want, and IMO, does a great job of protecting the clearcoat on the paint.  After the initial application, I have found that doing another complete detail (which includes another application of Glare)once a year keeps things looking like new, and well protected.  Once you've got the initial application on, subsequent applications are easy on, easy off.  Just use a good washing agent to wash the bike, and it'll last.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mlbraptor

• Full CVO Member
Re: Glare Polish THEN a Wax?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:02:32 PM »

I just put on some glare today and it really looks good. I just rubbed it in , waited a few minutes and wiped it off.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.