Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fork brace part number  (Read 15561 times)

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
Fork brace part number
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »

Can anyone provide me with the H-D part number for a SE fork brace for a FXR4.I looked at several and they will all fit say the seller's.I know I will get the correct info here.
Thanks

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: Fork brace part number
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:37:47 AM »

UPDATE:
now I am wondering if this will indeed fit the 2000 FXR4 do we have the same forks....well I know the FXR4 of course is set up for the newer "twin cam" style brakes as well as "sporting" two rotors so perhaps the forks are different in these couple of ways as far as a part number goes BUT....the width should be exactly the same right????  THUS these should fit an FXR4 as well.  Perhaps someone else can confirm this.......

Here is the part number that works for my FXR2:

Custom Cycle Engineering
Chrome Fork Truss/Brace
Custom Cycle Engineering Part #TB2612-1
Drag Specialties Part # DS 222707

I believe the price is more costly than the Screaming Eagle version but you can decide if it appeals to you more....at least you might have another option.

Regards,

Tim

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:46:16 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »

Let me RE-STATE...This Fork Brace MAY, KINDA, SORTA, MAYBE, and I DON"T KNOW FOR SURE will fit  :)

Don't get this one. I've got a FXR front end with chrome fork sliders, on my Pro Street. I have a SE Fork Brace on it too. And there were no problems with it! Matter of fact, I'll be removing it to put on Joy! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 10:36:04 AM »

Don't get this one. I've got a FXR front end with chrome fork sliders, on my Pro Street. I have a SE Fork Brace on it too. And there were no problems with it! Matter of fact, I'll be removing it to put on Joy! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Dude, Joy is never really going to get there.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »

Dude, Joy is never really going to get there.

You're just mad cause your chit is BLACK!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:32 AM »

You're just mad cause your chit is BLACK!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

It's too early to spew adult beverages today.  Stop that!

(dry spews are harsh)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:41:18 AM »

(and I won't mention the Keyboard Carriage truck I saw nosed in to the service bay at Petro Truckstop this morning when I was there to enjoy the breakfast buffet)

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 12:26:03 PM »

(and I won't mention the Keyboard Carriage truck I saw nosed in to the service bay at Petro Truckstop this morning when I was there to enjoy the breakfast buffet)

You mean this truck?  Apparently somebody told the driver to hurry up and get to New York. :nixweiss:

Wonder how many blankets they put around Howie's bike?

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »

naughty, very naughty.

:nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »

You mean this truck?  Apparently somebody told the driver to hurry up and get to New York. :nixweiss:

Wonder how many blankets they put around Howie's bike?

Well, last I saw they loaded it laying on it's right side, so I guess it's now standing on 2 wheels! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »

Well, last I saw they loaded it laying on it's right side, so I guess it's now standing on 2 wheels! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Wrong truck Howie.  The one I saw was this one:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »

Wrong truck Howie.  The one I saw was this one:

I saw the other photo of that one. Trailer was unharmed!!! :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:25 PM »

I saw the other photo of that one. Trailer was unharmed!!! :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »

Well now that ya know "Baby Joy" IS NOT on any of those trucks  :)  :)

What is the Part Number of the SE Fork Brace you are putting on "Baby Joy":confused5:  :)  :2vrolijk_21:

Don't really know, but I had it on my '95 Dyna narrow glide, and now it's on the Pro Street. As far I know, it should work on ALL 39mm narrow glide front ends. I see no reason why it wouldn't. But mine can't have a -99 P/N since I got it long before '99. I guess I'll be letting you know if it works for sure, next week! ;)

Hoist! 8)

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »

Thanks everyone,I just ordered the Drag Specialties 222707 Thanks Tim.They state this unit will fit with the FXR 2,3 & 4 chrome sliders.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 20 queries.