Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fork brace part number  (Read 15561 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: Fork brace part number
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »

Greg....   :2vrolijk_21:

I paid $217.00 for it 06-07-05 today it seems to retail for:

http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/11/209/5932932?q=222707

If one were to let a 20% Discount HD dealer know the Drag Specialties part number they probably would get it for around $210.00 shipped to one's door.

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »

I am curious if they are saying the Screamin Eagle one won't fit because they don't like it going around the "chrome"?

I wonder if that's why they are saying what they are saying.....

I can tell you I had the part number above from DS on my 2003 Dyna Low Rider....and when I took it off it left no marks....that's what gave me the confidence to go ahead and put it on the FXR2.  I wouldn't take it off of the FXR2 anyway....but at least I know no ill effects to the chrome.....

Tim

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »

Tim, I've seen at least 3 different notes on these fork braces about chrome slider's, fluted or grooved fork caps and size.The Drag Specialties brace was $262.00 including the shipping.When I order things,weather it be on line or in person and the part or piece is incorrect I get really pi@@ed.I am looking forward to the improvement or just the simple care that we take to maintain our machine's.Lesson learned:Check everything you purchase over the counter before you leave to go home.And pray with online purchases.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »

Tim...Thanks foir that link; that's what I was looking for....Still confused on the SE PN I referenced outta the catalog because that is the only PN SE offers in that book for 39mm forks other than wide glide and if they don't fit with chrome fork sliders then do they even sell one that will fit? I mean, the DS fork brace is just dandy and I wouldn't have any problems purchasing one when I'm ready, I just have always liked the SE look...Maybe our man Howie can pull a rabbit out his A$$ and come up with a SE PN that will fit...He always seems to come up with some kinda Chit! ;D

Are you saying Howie has a hairy a$$?!? :nixweiss: :shocked2: :huepfenlol2:

Anyone have photos of the two styles installed?  I'd like to get a brace, too, and nice to know the DS one somehow doesn't mark the chrome, but want one that looks the most "OEM."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »

Are you saying Howie has a hairy a$$?!? :nixweiss: :shocked2: :huepfenlol2:

Anyone have photos of the two styles installed?  I'd like to get a brace, too, and nice to know the DS one somehow doesn't mark the chrome, but want one that looks the most "OEM."

I'll take a pic of it on the Pro Street. I'll remove it and see if there's a P/N on it at all, since I'm putting it on Joy anyway. I'll prolly steal the front PM brake from it too. Hmmm, what else can I steal from that bike? After all, I'm  selling it anyway, aren't I? ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 09:59:23 PM »

I am curious if they are saying the Screamin Eagle one won't fit because they don't like it going around the "chrome"?

I wonder if that's why they are saying what they are saying.....

I can tell you I had the part number above from DS on my 2003 Dyna Low Rider....and when I took it off it left no marks....that's what gave me the confidence to go ahead and put it on the FXR2.  I wouldn't take it off of the FXR2 anyway....but at least I know no ill effects to the chrome.....

Tim

I'd like to know more about this myself.  What is it about some that apparently won't fit on chrome fork sliders and why?  Or is it a damage factor (or risk of) to the finish?  When I look at these things, I can't figure out what difference chrome fork sliders would make.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »

I don't know if this will work. Here's a pic blown up 400%.

Hoist! 8)

Oh well, saved it after blowing it up, but it didn't work. Oh well, you can still see it there. I'll get better shots. ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:06:08 PM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 10:10:39 PM »

And for today's tire lesson, that's a 1 size over 19" Metzler Lasertech front. ;)

Hoist! 8)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 02:16:52 AM »

Mike~~I'd like to know more about this myself.  What is it about some that apparently won't fit on chrome fork sliders and why?  Or is it a damage factor (or risk of) to the finish?  When I look at these things, I can't figure out what difference chrome fork sliders would make.

Mike....you know this goes back to Nov/Dec of 2002 for me.....it was suggested that I would have a "tighter" front end if I placed a fork truss/brace on the front of my 2003 Dyna Low Rider [FXDL]......at the time the logic made sense....so I had the indy put it on....of course I found the statement to be true, as my front end seemed quite solid.....when I purchased the FXR2, immediately I thought about installing one on it too.  This time however the concern over the "chrome" forks resulted in me contacting one of the engineers from Cycle Engineering and I expressed my concern, he assured me that my concern just wasn't a problem actually.  I then decided to sell my 2003 Dyna Low Rider but before doing so I removed the fork brace that had been put on it....and sure enough it came off without a problem....My buddy put that one on to his 1999 FXR3 and also lkes it very much and has enjoyed it being on his bike. 

As I stated above there is no reason to ever take off the fork brace, I suppose there is always that chance that my FXR2 chromed lowers could be the one's affected by the fork truss/brace which is attached to it however, I like what the fork brace does for my front forks and simply have decided that I am not loosing any sleep over the front forks being "perhaps" scratched....Personally, I am not as fond of the "Screamin Eagle" fork truss/brace as I am of the one I referenced above...so I haven't paid much attention to the "fitment" issues surrounding that particular one.

Mike I feel it's not that these fork trusses/braces won't fit on certain forks, it's the "ding" factor they are trying to protect themselves with.....but that's just my opinion, I have no "facts" of which to base my "opinion" on.

Regards,

Tim

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »

Tim your correct,it is the ding factor that Drag Specialties is concerned with.
Gregg

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 04:41:54 PM »

Here's some pics of a SE Fork Brace on a Chrome 39mm FXLR front end. Not taking it off today, and not sure the P/N is shown on the part itself, but it's been on awhile nand I see no ill effects! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »

Another!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »

Last one!

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 04:53:53 PM »

And those crappy looking fork seal caps always looked like that. They were previously used when I installed this front end. The whole bike was made from used and new parts, for under 15 grand! ;)

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »

Interesting 4-piece design on Howie's brace!  It looks like the DS one is a 3-piece?  Also, really close clearance on the fender on Howie's!

Tim, do you have photos of the DS brace installed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.