CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

How can I increase performance.....

(1/4) > >>

Nad:
I recently purchased a new '17 CVO Street Glide. I am trying to wake it up, without breaking the bank.  I know I need a tuner, and slip-ons, at a minimum.  Any recommendations?  I was thinking V&H FP3, and I've just started looking at the Full Sac baffles.  I don't know anything about them, really.  But seems to be an economical way to go. 

Also, is it possible to remove the catalytic converter?

DesertHOG:
 Do you have a warranty? Do you want to maintain it? If not, then look at the Fullsac header, baffles, and TTS tune. If you contact Fullsac they can set you up with a complete package. Forget about the Van & Hines FP3 or any other kind of stuff like that.

r0de_runr:
Here we go.....

Because of other issues that may not develop for several thousand miles I agree with DesertHOG.  Best to leave it alone and maintain your warranty.

One thing you can do is have it dyno tuned.  If you have it tuned with the TTS you can easily return the stock download back into the bike for warranty visits.  Might have to download the stock tune prior to any service visits also.

To wake it up much more than that you need to go stage II with cams.

Just remember you didn't buy a performance motorcycle.

Nad:
Thank you for the input definitely something to consider.  I do want to keep the warranty.  HD said they can do slip on's and a tune, but I haven't been very impressed with their SE parts since the law suit.  I'm not looking for a drag bike, just a bit more oomph.  I installed a 103 kit, slip on's and a TTS on my '09 SG and it had more power/performance than this CVO, by far.  A friend of mine, a former HD tech (still certified thru HD), did the work, so kept I the warranty.  I moved, and we have since lost contact.     

r0de_runr:
And this is an issue that pisses me off too.  Why do they sell a $45-50 thousand bike that can still be improved in performance for more money and be EPA and warranty legal if HD parts are installed .  Why not sell it that way up front?

Remember the Jap bikes of the 70's and 80's?  There were very few upgrades because the engineers at those companies wrung every drop of performance out of the bikes.  They still do.  Only thing you an do to a KZ or FJ is make it louder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version