CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Breakdown Yesterday 6/7/20 What do you think?

(1/5) > >>

winkjr:
What a nice day to go fro a ride. I got my bike back from Barbs HD Saturday after my trip. Im not sure if I posted this but I went through quite a bit of oil. I added 3 quarts on the way home to NJ form my trip. I think I burnt 3 qts in about 1800 miles. Thats from when I started the season till I took it to dealer to get service. I reported to this to them and you guys already know what they told me Im sure. So I take it home and agree to keep a close eye on the oil.

So yesterday I break down bike starts bucking and everytime it does CEL light comes on and goes out. finally get to a safe spot with my brothers and shut it off.  Everytime I start it now it does the same thing. Although the longer it sits it seems the longer it goes before it does it.  I only did slip ons and bars when I got the bike. I did call them yesterday and the dealer was unable to come get me. thank god I got brothers who can help in heart beat. We got it to my house and I will call this morning and handle it. I think for a 42 k bike that is still under factory warranty I will have no problems. I hope.

winkjr:
Just went out to the garage. Its still dong it seems to be when I rev it up thats when it happens.

Twolanerider:
It's worrying to even ask the question but; Harley EPA compliant slip ons? 

winkjr:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on June 08, 2020, 09:13:02 AM ---It's worrying to even ask the question but; Harley EPA compliant slip ons?

--- End quote ---
I don’t know. They are from CFR. according to my dealer any slip on was fine. As long as I didn’t mess with the converter forward.

I’m getting fuel stabilizer now. Maybe I got bad gas. Who knows. We had other riders get gas at the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: winkjr on June 08, 2020, 09:46:34 AM ---I don’t know. They are from CFR. according to my dealer any slip on was fine. As long as I didn’t mess with the converter forward.

I’m getting fuel stabilizer now. Maybe I got bad gas. Who knows. We had other riders get gas at the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Doesn't sound like a fuel quality problem.  I'd also not start doing a lot to chase a warranty problem.  The more you do or mess with is, potentially, the more excuse given to a dealer to whine about the warranty.  Warranty is there for a reason, use it.  Good luck getting it sorted quickly and easily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version