CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

131 Stage IV Kit

(1/5) > >>

steve.link:
We now have these kits available in the UK and my question is do you have to use Street Cannon mufflers or is it OK to keep the original CVO items?
I assume the standard CVO Ventilator air cleaner is OK. Bike is a 2019 CVO Ultra Limited.

I have also noted that the header pipe in the kit (part no 65600177) is a standard fitment on UK bikes so I am somewhat confused why HD include them in the kits sold in the UK.

Would you go with the Screaming Eagle tuner or is there better options - e.g. V&H FP3

Thanks

Steve

cvosjoe:

--- Quote from: steve.link on September 07, 2020, 06:50:16 PM ---We now have these kits available in the UK and my question is do you have to use Street Cannon mufflers or is it OK to keep the original CVO items?
I assume the standard CVO Ventilator air cleaner is OK. Bike is a 2019 CVO Ultra Limited.

I have also noted that the header pipe in the kit (part no 65600177) is a standard fitment on UK bikes so I am somewhat confused why HD include them in the kits sold in the UK.

Would you go with the Screaming Eagle tuner or is there better options - e.g. V&H FP3

Thanks

Steve

--- End quote ---

From what I have been told from my dealer, in order for the kit to be covered under the factory warranty/ESP, it has to be installed within 60 days of the new bike purchase. I had it installed on mine before I took delivery of my 20 RGS using Street Cannons, Ventilator Extreme and SE Pro Street Tuner. A friend of mine wanted to do the kit on a 19 SGS that he purchased 6 months ago and was told that even using all EPA compliant components it could not be covered under the warranty. I'm sure there are dealers that will do in house warranty for their customers but if you break down while traveling it could be an issue.

If you’re not concerned about warranty then none of that matters and there are a lot of aftermarket options for exhaust, cam, tuner, etc.

I don't think the regular Ventilator would supply enough air.

The Euro pipe is standard in the kit and required for US models to meet EPA compliance. I guess one size fits all as far as the kit goes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

steve.link:
Yes - I understand the warranty issue but its not a major issue for me.  Just wanting to know if the kit works OK with the standard CVO mufflers and Air Cleaner

cvosjoe:

--- Quote from: steve.link on September 07, 2020, 07:30:53 PM ---Yes - I understand the warranty issue but its not a major issue for me.  Just wanting to know if the kit works OK with the standard CVO mufflers and Air Cleaner

--- End quote ---
IMO the stock CVO mufflers and air cleaner wouldn't work well on a 131.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

kojak:

--- Quote from: steve.link on September 07, 2020, 07:30:53 PM ---Yes - I understand the warranty issue but its not a major issue for me.  Just wanting to know if the kit works OK with the standard CVO mufflers and Air Cleaner

--- End quote ---
Yes, it will work. The ventilator is a hiflow ac from the factory, the mufflers are ok as well but I would probably swap them. I’ve got 8k miles on the 131 since feb with the ventilator and rinehart mufflers and the bike runs great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version