Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 472

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1154820 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #5205 on: June 12, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »

Yep....it b gone...

...replaced with this...
Congrats!!! Was wondering the other day when you posted you were picking this up if you were going to keep your CVO too. Many miles of smiles w/your new ride. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5206 on: June 12, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »

Yep....it b gone...

...replaced with this...
  dang... I was told that if you hang out in a barber shop long enough you'll end up with a hair cut
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #5207 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:40 PM »

Very Nice

PBSTN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
« Reply #5208 on: June 13, 2019, 12:16:20 AM »

Yep....it b gone...

...replaced with this...
Nice ride. Enjoy.
2001 flhr-traded
2010 fltrx-sold
2010 flhr
2003 flhrsei2

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5209 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:03 AM »

been between jobs for the first time since high school for the last couple of months so been riding almost every day like a crazy man and loving it! Thats the good news, bad news is last week I hit a patch of oil on a downhill off camber turn and ended up high siding at about 20+ MPH. was wearing my Langlitz leather jacket with Bohn armor underneath, Held Titan race gloves and my AGV Carbon Sportmodular helmet. I sometimes question myself for spending what I do for my riding gear but I sure as he-- never will again! first thing that hit the asphalt was my helmet and then hit hard after on my elbow and shoulder and rolled almost burning through the titanium knuckle covers on my gloves.
great news is other than being bruised up like crazy I didn't have a bit of road rash and not even a headache (helmet looked like it was thrown from a 4 story building..) which was amazing!
Bad news is I got the estimate today and it did almost 16K of damage. Thank God for insurance! I immediately ordered the same helmet and gloves which insurance paid most of ($1000 limit) and hopefully will not give me a hard time over the dealers estimate. Dealer is replacing all painted parts so I won't haver to worry about tryin g to have a painter trying to match the Mako Shark fade which I was very worried about when It first happened. Only bad thing about that is we all know how long the wait is for the painted parts from the MoCo. At least I feel like the bike will be perfect when it is done.
For anyone debating whether the high dollar gear is worth it I absolutely will say it is!
I started my new job yesterday and it could have been a whole different beginning for me if I was not wearing what I was..
Alan

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #5210 on: June 13, 2019, 05:52:27 AM »

Glad you were wearing the right gear. You are right, things could have gone very differently
I never squid it anymore. That nagging voice starts cautioning me in my head when I think about it. The least I will ever wear is a Rev'it tornado 2 jacket, Klim jeans and gloves and a Shoie or Simpson brain bucket. I'm old enough to know things don't heal like thet used so do the best I can to mitigate damage

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5211 on: June 13, 2019, 07:47:28 AM »

been between jobs for the first time since high school for the last couple of months so been riding almost every day like a crazy man and loving it! Thats the good news, bad news is last week I hit a patch of oil on a downhill off camber turn and ended up high siding at about 20+ MPH. was wearing my Langlitz leather jacket with Bohn armor underneath, Held Titan race gloves and my AGV Carbon Sportmodular helmet. I sometimes question myself for spending what I do for my riding gear but I sure as he-- never will again! first thing that hit the asphalt was my helmet and then hit hard after on my elbow and shoulder and rolled almost burning through the titanium knuckle covers on my gloves.
great news is other than being bruised up like crazy I didn't have a bit of road rash and not even a headache (helmet looked like it was thrown from a 4 story building..) which was amazing!
Bad news is I got the estimate today and it did almost 16K of damage. Thank God for insurance! I immediately ordered the same helmet and gloves which insurance paid most of ($1000 limit) and hopefully will not give me a hard time over the dealers estimate. Dealer is replacing all painted parts so I won't haver to worry about tryin g to have a painter trying to match the Mako Shark fade which I was very worried about when It first happened. Only bad thing about that is we all know how long the wait is for the painted parts from the MoCo. At least I feel like the bike will be perfect when it is done.
For anyone debating whether the high dollar gear is worth it I absolutely will say it is!
I started my new job yesterday and it could have been a whole different beginning for me if I was not wearing what I was..
WOW!!! Scary story. Very glad you're still around to tell us about it. Testimonial about the use of proper safety gear.

Good luck with the new job.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #5212 on: June 13, 2019, 08:28:33 AM »

Alan, glad you are OK (except for the bruising) and metal/fiberglass/plastic can be replaced much better than flesh and bone heals... :2vrolijk_21:

As OBB stated, that's a great topic for a safety minute and the effectiveness of safety equipment (PPE) with your new job...matter of fact, I may use it in one of mine.

Silly question but do you have a picture of the bike?  That would put you walking away in a greater perspective. 

ultrarider123

« Reply #5213 on: June 13, 2019, 09:17:35 AM »

dang... I was told that if you hang out in a barber shop long enough you'll end up with a hair cut

Hair cut, beard trim, manicure and colonoscopy... :huepfenlol2:

By the way, I don't plan on going anywhere else on the interweb...CVOHarley is my home base and will stay that way no matter what I decide to ride today or down the road.  Besides, lately we've had quite a bit of information on other brands so why leave?  Y'all b my interweb family.

I also promise not to be "that guy" that buys another brand and then tries to convince everyone else how good it is and how bad everything else is comparably...not gonna be a di-k.  I still have a fondness for the MoCo but have earned the right over the past 30 plus years of Harley ownership and 45 years of experience with them to change my colors from time to time... ;D

....as Hubbard loves to say "thus endeth the lesson"

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5214 on: June 13, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »

;): it is good looking scooter for sure
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #5215 on: June 14, 2019, 06:57:29 AM »

;): it is good looking scooter for sure

Lost a Keyfob a month ago >:( Had the new Keyfob programmed, set a new security code and added the new stereo update - No charge, thanks Savannah HD :pepper:

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #5216 on: June 14, 2019, 03:49:38 PM »

Finally took Romeo out first ride of the season to get an inspection sticker then about 20 miles round trip for a shakedown, felt great now back to homework :-X

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5217 on: June 14, 2019, 04:54:23 PM »

Got caught snoozin at the stoplight

Girlfriend snuck up on me at a stoplight. Phone rings inside my helmet. "Look to your right" haha

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5218 on: June 14, 2019, 09:34:29 PM »

^^that's a bad ride. Well done.
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5219 on: June 14, 2019, 09:46:46 PM »

Thank you😁
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 472

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.