Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Chrome Wind Deflectors  (Read 5045 times)

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
Re: Chrome Wind Deflectors
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »

Hows about stainless steel wind deflectors on SEUC
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »

I don't know that the wind deflectors will help a lot with your legs but should provide some deflection of the air.  I think they do more to prevent the wind buffeting that comes from under the windshield.  In fact you might find they do as much, or more, to help with your helmet than a taller windshield will.  I think there is a mis-conception that the buffeting you feel is coming from over the top of the shield when in fact it's coming from around and under it.

Try moving your hand around while you are riding and you will find that the problem is air coming upward in front of the tank and around the sides.  In fact if you hold your arm flat across your chest you will probably notice a lot less buffeting hitting your helmet.  Velcro straps around your pant legs will help with your legs getting beat up (and prevent scooping a bee up your calf - not a fun experience). 
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 07:26:14 AM »

Except:  They don't fit if you have the individual HD spot light mounts with the thick side plates.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »

Thanks for the advice. I move my hands around as suggested and I was amazed at the difference from one location to another. When my hands were adjacent to the fuel gauges and cap there was minimal air flow, start moving your hand around the tank towards the seat and it increases quickly. I was not aware of the amount of air that goes straight up right where the seat and the tank meet, that might be where I'm having the problems with my half helmet. Yesterday I rode with the Airhawk seat cushion which raised me up maybe an inch or so, I have the 17" Clearview. When I hit 70 MPH and up it was night and day. More wind than I like so I ended up sliding the cushion into my vest. I'm glad I ordered the 19 1/2" Clearview a few weeks ago. I'll skip the leg wings, bet their is an interesting story about the Bee going up the pants!  Many years ago my brother in-law got a Bee in his full coverage helmet, I though he was having a seizure when he pulled over.

Thanks

Ray G.

Slowride262

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »

They do bring the oil temp up about 20 degree's.
And the rear cylinder up a little more to but found if you buy the seat deflectors it brings it back down.
I like them but can be a pain in the ass to clean but it only takes 2 minutes to take off.
You Can't Win At A Game Of LOSERS
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.