Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found a SERK with a different paint scheme...... HELP!  (Read 1725 times)

V1per

Found a SERK with a different paint scheme...... HELP!
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »

K, Y'all. I found a 2007 SERK listed on Cycle trader at a local jap shop.  I haven't gone down to see it yet due to i never get up before the sun goes down most days lol.  It is listed as a SERK, but It has been modded a bit.  It has hard bags. The tank has a different harley logo than the flamed ones, it has some type of red striping from the tank back to the bags.  The windshield, saddle, handle bars, front rim and fender have all been replaced. It's rolling a large non fendered chrome wheel as well.  Ah, and the bars were switched for some tall apes. I'll attach the URL for the ad.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to walk in their door with knowledge of what they have or don't have!!
Thanks Tons!
Hank
[URL]http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2007-harley+davidson-flhrse3-screamin'-eagle-road-king-102363618/?zmc=cfeml[URL]

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
Re: Found a SERK with a different paint scheme...... HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

K, Y'all. I found a 2007 SERK listed on Cycle trader at a local jap shop.  I haven't gone down to see it yet due to i never get up before the sun goes down most days lol.  It is listed as a SERK, but It has been modded a bit.  It has hard bags. The tank has a different harley logo than the flamed ones, it has some type of red striping from the tank back to the bags.  The windshield, saddle, handle bars, front rim and fender have all been replaced. It's rolling a large non fendered chrome wheel as well.  Ah, and the bars were switched for some tall apes. I'll attach the URL for the ad.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to walk in their door with knowledge of what they have or don't have!!
Thanks Tons!
Hank
[URL]http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2007-harley+davidson-flhrse3-screamin'-eagle-road-king-102363618/?zmc=cfeml[URL]

This is what a
2007 Harley-Davidson FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle Road King looked like and what equipment it had.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2007models/2007models-Harley-Davidson-CVO-FLHRSE3ScreaminEagleRoadKing.htm

Looks like a lot of mods from OEM to me.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:54:49 PM by Dead_Reckoning »
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »

I am just guessing but I question if it is truly a SE.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »

If you want to verify it really started out as a CVO, have them give you the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).  That will tell you exactly what model it was when it left the factory.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dkleinr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »

Jerry's right! Just check VIN. It's that simple!
"Live good while you're alive, 'cause when you're dead.....you're dead for a long time."

V1per

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »

I truly appreciate the input. I've seen one other with this paint job but couldn't find it online again. I'll check vin ASAP!

V1per

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »

Next question: if it is not a cvo, if it has been upgraded to 110 ci and 6speed tranny, is it worth 14900???

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:05:37 AM »

I,d pass on it
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »

I am just guessing but I question if it is truly a SE.

Unless its a rebuilt wreck or theft recovery.... I would obtain the VIN and google it... I've seen a few bikes show up on Carfax as well if there is a previous insurance claim...

On another note: That bike has the stock FL rear wheel, no nice chrome, etc where it should be.... so I highly doubt it is what they claim....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:18:58 AM by 2012_FLTRXSE »

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

V1per

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 03:38:19 AM »

@fltrxse I was seeing the same thing. The paint matches a non cvo road king for 2008. So I'm a no go at that station! Looks like I'll be sticking to a new wide glide or fat boy lo. Soon!!! Thanks y'all! Thunder beach fall rally is coming way too fast!!!!

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:39:50 AM »

Good luck with whatever you pick.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 08:39:21 AM »

I think what you have stumbled across is another case of someone trying to mislead people by calling a bike a Screamin' Eagle whatever.  They justify it by adding something from the SE catalog, like the 110 kit for instance.  Then they let people think it's a CVO, even though it isn't.  That's why I say cut through all the BS and get the VIN.  They can't legally alter that, and you will know immediately if it's just a plain Jane bike with some SE parts added from the catalog.

btw, average retail these days for a real 2007 CVO SERK is around $20k, not $14k.  Another tipoff, you don't get real CVO's in good shape for 70% of book.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Boss07Hog

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »

There is no oil cooler on it up front.  I have an 07 SERK and it has an oil cooler from the factory.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.