Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: FLHTCUSE6 - remote not working?  (Read 5660 times)

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

FLHTCUSE6 - remote not working?
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »

Just after few months winter brake - Bike works ok - BUT  :o my remote control for locking/unlocking wont work... yep changed new battery (CR2032) to it - still when pressing button = nothing happens :-(

Anybody else faced this problem ? and if what was the solution ?
ReplyQuoteNotify

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: FLHTCUSE6 - remote not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »

Assuming that you checked to make sure the battery is right side up?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »

Assuming that you checked to make sure the battery is right side up?

Yep -and even with another brand battery

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »

I had the same problem. Mine were intermittent however. did not know what was causing the issues until I started installing my lid speakers. What I found was the wires going to the power locks in the saddle bags were chafed right through the insulation and were green with oxidation. Not the end on the saddle bag side. But around 5 to 6 inches from the plug on the bike side. I guess they were in contact with the rim maybe or chafed on a hard surface of some kind. Inspect that bike side end of the power lock wire to see if its damaged.  You have to pull the hole wire out until the whole thing is on top where the battery is. Only take a few minutes. Good luck.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »

I had the same problem. Mine were intermittent however. did not know what was causing the issues until I started installing my lid speakers. What I found was the wires going to the power locks in the saddle bags were chafed right through the insulation and were green with oxidation. Not the end on the saddle bag side. But around 5 to 6 inches from the plug on the bike side. I guess they were in contact with the rim maybe or chafed on a hard surface of some kind. Inspect that bike side end of the power lock wire to see if its damaged.  You have to pull the hole wire out until the whole thing is on top where the battery is. Only take a few minutes. Good luck.

OK - I have to check the wires then... might have something to do with oxidation since it appeared now after winter brake...  ???

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »

Similar thing happened to me in November. I had changed my rear shocks and when connecting my saddlebag I had pulled the connector out of the rear fender. The tire subsequently chaffed the wire and nothing. Fixed it with electrical tape and works again. Lesson learned to double check the connectors when putting the bags back on.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:08:34 AM »

Similar thing happened to me in November. I had changed my rear shocks and when connecting my saddlebag I had pulled the connector out of the rear fender. The tire subsequently chaffed the wire and nothing. Fixed it with electrical tape and works again. Lesson learned to double check the connectors when putting the bags back on.

Where does the wire(s) go there ?

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »

Does it work with the hard wired rocker switch?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »

Does it work with the hard wired rocker switch?

Exactly!  If it works with the dash switch, then you know the problem isn't due to the wiring to the bags.  Then you need to look at the wireless part of the system (remote, antenna, receiver/module). 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »

Exactly!  If it works with the dash switch, then you know the problem isn't due to the wiring to the bags.  Then you need to look at the wireless part of the system (remote, antenna, receiver/module). 

Jerry

OK - no it does nothing when pushing the switch from bat wing - so I suppose it must be wires then ? both remotes batteries changed... is the receiver/box the one black plastic box at inside the cover of back box ?

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 05:45:31 PM »

Where does the wire(s) go there ?

There's a wire clip on the left side. You will see it when you tip the left saddlebag towards you. This clip keeps the wires on the left side out of the way.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 08:52:33 PM »

OK - no it does nothing when pushing the switch from bat wing - so I suppose it must be wires then ? both remotes batteries changed... is the receiver/box the one black plastic box at inside the cover of back box ?

Take a look at the fuse block, specifically #12, which is the fuse for power locks. Also look at the P&A fuse, #4, which sends power to the power lock switch. Make sure the power lock module is plugged in. It's under the outer fairing on the right side, connector 231, and look at connector 212 which connects the rocker switch on the dash. If you own the FLHTCUSE6 service manual supplement there are step by step procedures to find the problem and repair it.

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »

Take a look at the fuse block, specifically #12, which is the fuse for power locks. Also look at the P&A fuse, #4, which sends power to the power lock switch. Make sure the power lock module is plugged in. It's under the outer fairing on the right side, connector 231, and look at connector 212 which connects the rocker switch on the dash. If you own the FLHTCUSE6 service manual supplement there are step by step procedures to find the problem and repair it.

Now I removed fuses and seems that there was some oxidation just on #12 - cleaned it and now the button on fairing works fine, locks bags fine... not gas tank  :( - AND still remote does nothing (batteries changed) - so question... what now ? :nervous:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 08:33:30 PM »

Now I removed fuses and seems that there was some oxidation just on #12 - cleaned it and now the button on fairing works fine, locks bags fine... not gas tank  :( - AND still remote does nothing (batteries changed) - so question... what now ? :nervous:

so the dash switch works. By the way the FOB will not lock the gas tank, it should lock the FORKS, saddle bags and tourpak(trunk)..

Try these steps to program the Power lock FOB - this the following are scans from the FLHTUCUSE6 service manual supplement. Let us know how it works out for you. If after following these steps it still doesn't work there is more troubleshooting to be done.
 Don't take this as an insult - it's meant as friendly guidance - You can order a copy from your dealer and I recommend having one for the bike because it makes diagnostics and repairs a lot easier when you have the information you need.
Scan #1
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:43:45 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 08:34:17 PM »

Scan #2
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 05:25:42 AM »

By the way I neglected to ask...does the bikes alarm system see the FOB? In other words the bike can be moved and started with the FOB present without the alarm going off?
If the alarm is not seeing the FOB the procedure is different - that's why I'm asking.

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 05:53:39 AM »

so the dash switch works. By the way the FOB will not lock the gas tank, it should lock the FORKS, saddle bags and tourpak(trunk)..

Try these steps to program the Power lock FOB - this the following are scans from the FLHTUCUSE6 service manual supplement. Let us know how it works out for you. If after following these steps it still doesn't work there is more troubleshooting to be done.
 Don't take this as an insult - it's meant as friendly guidance - You can order a copy from your dealer and I recommend having one for the bike because it makes diagnostics and repairs a lot easier when you have the information you need.
Scan #1

Thanks a lot - will try tor order the manual - yep no hard feelings - the only sad thing is that both dealers from Helsinki (Finland) Area went bankrupt lately - so there is no official HD dealership here!  :'(

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 06:06:16 AM »

Post your progress and if you need more info I will try and help by scanning more information from the manual.
If it's just the power lock function the above procedure should work. I had to do this to mine previously when the FOB and bike stopped "talking" to each other.

Zambba

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 01:46:06 AM »

HI!

Finally got this working ok! - seems that fuse was little under corrosion after not used for long time - and also remote lost control with bike (had to re-program it with program mode on) - after removing the fuse and cleaning it + programming the remote - everything seems to be fine  :bananarock:
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.