Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need a part number for antenna relo kit  (Read 1413 times)

tjq

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2006 CVO ULTRA
Need a part number for antenna relo kit
« on: January 02, 2016, 03:48:57 PM »

Good afternoon and Happy New years to everyone.

I bought myself a 2006 CVO Ultra for Christmas.  Ive always dreamed of a screamin eagle and now I own one.  I have no use and dont care for the tourpack so it alongwith the amp have been removed.  I didnt go the quick release route because I do not plan on putting it back on and to be honest the kit looks akward to me.  I ordered a slanted plate mount to cover the plate.  But for the life of me cannot find a part number for an antenna relocation kit.  I dont want to go with in fairing I want to maintain a short antenna mounted below the filler.  I found part #76208-07 which is similar to what im looking for.  However I dont see how my existing antenna cable allows an antenna to mount to it.  Am i missing a part?

I tried the search feature and found some information however not enough to make sense.  I could use some experienced guidance.  I am new to this forum and see theres many great people with lots of information.  I'm coming from a 97 Fatboy that a suicidal stray dog decided to hop out of the woods and take away from me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Tj

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Need a part number for antenna relo kit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »

The kit you referenced is just the bracket.  You will still need the adaptor fitting that attaches to the end of the bike's antenna cable.  Look at the attached picture (click on it to enlarge), what I'm talking about is the part the red arrow is pointing at.  the adaptor is attached to the hole in the bracket with a lock nut on each side of the bracket, the antenna cable screws onto the bottom of the adaptor and the antenna screws onto the top.  If your existing antenna cable end doesn't look like the one in that picture, you will also need the cable extension. 

I took the photo from the listing for this other relocation kit, which is only listed for 2014 and up models. 

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/am-fm-antenna-relocation-kit-pa-08-76000582--1?cm_sp=Monetate-_-Endcaps-_-PAC+PDP+Bottom

I can't find the part number for the adaptor piece by itself, but hopefully a good dealership parts guy, assuming you can find one, should be able to find it for you.

Btw, welcome to the site.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

tjq

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2006 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »

Thanks for the response.  I understand the part number I listed is just a bracket.  They dont seem to make a "kit" other than the one included in the quick detach kit, which mounts on the upper portion of the saddle bag I dont want to add.  I attached a picture of what is left after I removed the tourpack.  It looks pretty much complete to me.  My only uncertainty is if the adapter currenty in place will accept a regular antenna, as it was threaded in the side of the antenna in the tour pack.  Looks like I just need to find a couple of nuts to secure it to the bracket.  Any chance you know if the adapter in place will mate with one of the 15" antenna?

My previous music experience on a harley has always come via earbuds and an ipod.  All the Harley dealers in my area were closed today and wont reopen till Tuesday.  If possible Id like to order the parts online Monday.

Thanks again for any assistance and the welcome to the Forum.

Tj

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »

The "shorty" antennas have the same threads as the other Harley antennas, so if I'm looking at that picture correctly I'd say the antenna should screw right on to the smaller threaded end of that adaptor.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:28:11 PM »

Congrats on your new ride!

I can't think of a better Christmas gift to one's self.

Possibly when you get everything put back together you will share some pics of your new '06 SE.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »

Thanks for the response.  I understand the part number I listed is just a bracket.  They dont seem to make a "kit" other than the one included in the quick detach kit, which mounts on the upper portion of the saddle bag I dont want to add.  I attached a picture of what is left after I removed the tourpack.  It looks pretty much complete to me.  My only uncertainty is if the adapter currenty in place will accept a regular antenna, as it was threaded in the side of the antenna in the tour pack.  Looks like I just need to find a couple of nuts to secure it to the bracket.  Any chance you know if the adapter in place will mate with one of the 15" antenna?

My previous music experience on a harley has always come via earbuds and an ipod.  All the Harley dealers in my area were closed today and wont reopen till Tuesday.  If possible Id like to order the parts online Monday.

Thanks again for any assistance and the welcome to the Forum.

Tj
Hi and welcome look on this picture hope it helps.http://www.pingelonline.com/harley-davidson-accessories/62144-radio-low-mount-antenna-relocation-kit-for-1985-2014-harley-davidson-touring-models.asp

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »

2005 SEEG's had a upper (tourpak mounted antenna) and a lower one for when t/p was off. You just need the lower mount asm.
Get your parts man to pull up exploded view and order what you need. It will work nicely. I just don't have time to look up part #'s for you right now.

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.