Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HogTune Liquid Cooled Lower Speaker Kit  (Read 5862 times)

Hogwyld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide Ultraviolet/Lava
HogTune Liquid Cooled Lower Speaker Kit
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »

I have the Boom Audio II system in my 2015 CVO Street Glide and am looking to upgrade the front speakers/sound if possible. I see HogTunes offers a set of housings and speakers for my lowers, for liquid models. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and if they will plug into my factory amp.
2015 CVO Street Glide
V&H Power Duals Head Pipe
V&H Monster Rounds
V&H FP3 Fuel Pak
K&N High Flow Filter

15FLHXSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

Re: HogTune Liquid Cooled Lower Speaker Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »

I'm interested in this as well.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »

I am also....what would you use for an amp since you need to drive 2 more speakers?

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 02:49:10 PM »

The website says you need a amp and the kit is shown as for: "non-CVO" bikes.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »

It would be nice to get regular lids and have speakers in the lowers!

Hogwyld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide Ultraviolet/Lava
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

If you look at this link from the HogTunes website, thay are advertising the lower speaker kit for 2014-2016 liquid coold models even though it is for the Ultra, it is the same as our CVO Street Glide.  They also post instructions for install. I want to check with Harley about being able to connect the speakers to my Boom Audio II. My thinking is there has to be a way since the non liquid cooled bikes (2012) with 6 speakers, including speakers in the lowers, were powered with a similar setup to my 2015. I saw a post that shows in the audio flash a selection for 6 speakers. Not sure it is possible, just trying to keep it clean. If the idea does not work, I will have to get another amp if I want speakers in my lowers.. Just does not make sense that they powered them in the 2012 CVO Street and they can't in the 2015's.

Here is the link to HogTunes:
http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/ultra_limited.html
2015 CVO Street Glide
V&H Power Duals Head Pipe
V&H Monster Rounds
V&H FP3 Fuel Pak
K&N High Flow Filter

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:45:16 AM »

If you look at this link from the HogTunes website, thay are advertising the lower speaker kit for 2014-2016 liquid coold models even though it is for the Ultra, it is the same as our CVO Street Glide.  They also post instructions for install. I want to check with Harley about being able to connect the speakers to my Boom Audio II. My thinking is there has to be a way since the non liquid cooled bikes (2012) with 6 speakers, including speakers in the lowers, were powered with a similar setup to my 2015. I saw a post that shows in the audio flash a selection for 6 speakers. Not sure it is possible, just trying to keep it clean. If the idea does not work, I will have to get another amp if I want speakers in my lowers.. Just does not make sense that they powered them in the 2012 CVO Street and they can't in the 2015's.

Here is the link to HogTunes:
http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/ultra_limited.html

CVO Street Glides have a different amp setup from the Ultra--at least that's what I think.....maybe I'm wrong....

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »

CVO Street Glides have a different amp setup from the Ultra--at least that's what I think.....maybe I'm wrong....

You are not wrong, CVO BOOM ll is a completely different setup. The Boom radio has front and rear outputs, fron to front amp, rear to rear amp.  Each amp, front fairing & rear saddle bag on a CVO Street Glide is powering four speakers per say. Each speaker unit on the BOOM ll system is actually two separate speakers, a mid range and tweeter and a bass speaker which is using two channels of each amp.  The amps, both front and rear are both 4 channel, 75 watt per channel amps. So two outputs to the right side front and two outputs to left side front are from the fairing amp and two outputs to the right side rear and two to the left side rear are from the saddle bag amp.

HogTunes is installing 6 speakers total using the radio rear outputs to power the rear and the radio front outputs to the Amp to power the front and lowers .
Where the OP is going to get the additional speaker outputs from or radio outputs for an additional amp, Good question.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:51:58 PM by CVOSGJoe »
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »

HogTunes is installing 6 speakers total using the radio rear outputs to power the rear and the radio front outputs to the Amp to power the front and lowers .
Where the OP is going to get the additional speaker outputs from or radio outputs for an additional amp, Good question.

Unless he is going to split the outputs to drive another amp. Not the best way.......

610hog

• CA

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »

I have a HD 75W x4 amp for sale if you need it. I took it out of my 2015 CVO RGU.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 10:22:31 PM »

It would be nice to get regular lids and have speakers in the lowers!

I'm curious as to why you want to get regular lid. Cosmetic reasons?
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 10:25:53 PM »

I have a HD 75W x4 amp for sale if you need it. I took it out of my 2015 CVO RGU.
What did you replace it with? I assume you did it to get more volume, how did it work out for you?
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

610hog

• CA

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 12:12:17 AM »

RA Audio 90.4 amp.4 Infinity 6.5 and Pioneer 6x9 in the Cycle Sound speaker lids. Had to do some work with the lids. Not made for locking bags. But got them to work. The sound is unbelievably. Why can't the Harley do this from the factory!!!

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.