Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Oil Level & Temperature Dipstick with Lighted LCD Readout  (Read 4477 times)

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

Re: Oil Level & Temperature Dipstick with Lighted LCD Readout
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »

Has anyone ever used the temp this reads to do something "different" than they would have done when not knowing the oil temp?

Yes,  It caused me to purchase the Wards cooling fans, as well as an ultra cool fan assisted oil cooler which help for about 25-30* in total.  If my bike gets over 275* I stop and let it cool. 
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »

Had one on my Ultra for 5-6 years, one dead battery in all that time, many washes and many rainstorms, no issues at all.  Maybe I was lucky.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »

When you guys all speak of batteries with respect to an oil temp gauge, are you saying that some has drawn power from the batteries and gone dead as a result of installing this item?
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »

When you guys all speak of batteries with respect to an oil temp gauge, are you saying that some has drawn power from the batteries and gone dead as a result of installing this item?
They (oil temp/level gauge) have an internal battery that after time will need replacing.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 04:47:16 AM »

Junk
Will

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 08:48:16 AM »

If you're that worried about heat, take the money you would have wasted on that Harley dipstick and spend it on fans.  The Wards head cooling fans have many supporters and excellent reviews, both product and customer service, and IMHO are the best looking option on the market as well.  Then if you really get paranoid about oil temps, a better quality and capacity oil cooler with fan assist should eliminate your need to stay up nights worrying about your oil temperature.  Or you could just ride the bike like folks have been doing for a century without adding any gauges or worrying about oil temps.  Use high quality synthetic oil and change it when scheduled.  Done!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 09:48:52 PM »

If you're that worried about heat, take the money you would have wasted on that Harley dipstick and spend it on fans.  The Wards head cooling fans have many supporters and excellent reviews, both product and customer service, and IMHO are the best looking option on the market as well.  Then if you really get paranoid about oil temps, a better quality and capacity oil cooler with fan assist should eliminate your need to stay up nights worrying about your oil temperature.  Or you could just ride the bike like folks have been doing for a century without adding any gauges or worrying about oil temps.  Use high quality synthetic oil and change it when scheduled.  Done!

Jerry

Wasn't too worried about the temp issue Jerry, just thought it was an attractive piece to get useful information out of...  Always use Amsoil in schedule!
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.