Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got my JM elite seried headset today  (Read 2268 times)

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
Got my JM elite seried headset today
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:53:18 PM »

And wow, what a difference from the stock headset. Much louder volume and the bass is good. With the stock headset, I just listened to the tunes through the speakers. Not any more.  :)

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
Re: Got my JM elite seried headset today
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »

Glad to hear that. Mine lies next to me waiting for the season...

The stock which I used last year was not any good so big hopes on JM for me!

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 12:13:44 AM »

I am loving mine also. Received a pair of the J and M Arai Helmets with purchase of 07 SEUC and am extremely happy. Had to wait almost 2 months for the color we wanted but well worth it. Have never had more clear sound. The new mikes are very sensitive. Getting them adjusted to receive normal voice conversation leaves them activating with other loud sound such as high revving or passing a semi. Have opted to push the button to speak.  :pineapple:
I'm not broke, just badly bent!

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 01:13:30 PM »

I am loving mine also. Received a pair of the J and M Arai Helmets with purchase of 07 SEUC and am extremely happy. Had to wait almost 2 months for the color we wanted but well worth it. Have never had more clear sound. The new mikes are very sensitive. Getting them adjusted to receive normal voice conversation leaves them activating with other loud sound such as high revving or passing a semi. Have opted to push the button to speak.  :pineapple:

To be honest that is not good. Whatever bike I had with the intercom this was always one of the toughest things i.e. to set up the mic correctly. I really do not like the button solution.  I thought that at least with JM this should not be an issue.

Once my bike arrives and I install the headset will try to play with setup and report if I have any luck. I am using standard Harley helmet 3/4.

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »

I rode a couple hundred miles yesterday. My intercom worked fine on VOX (although it is now set one bar below open) and they guys said it sounded great on CB. The biggest difference was the headset speakers. Before I always had to have the com volume to full to hear everyone on the CB. Now it's loud and clear at 3/4 volume.

I also put the JM 18" antennas on both the CB and FM. I was able to communicate perfectly with another rider who was about 4 miles back. They are much nicer than the wire whips.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 02:21:56 PM »

Thanks for the update. You are giving me hope!

I also got the JM antennas - another high quality product from JM!

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 02:47:08 AM »

I rode a couple hundred miles yesterday. My intercom worked fine on VOX (although it is now set one bar below open) and they guys said it sounded great on CB. The biggest difference was the headset speakers. Before I always had to have the com volume to full to hear everyone on the CB. Now it's loud and clear at 3/4 volume.

I also put the JM 18" antennas on both the CB and FM. I was able to communicate perfectly with another rider who was about 4 miles back. They are much nicer than the wire whips.

I'm certain you are correct about playing around more with the vox. Just seems as when it is working correctly I seem to have the urge to punch it and even with 3/4 helmets the true duals cut in . I'm wondering if volume control along with vox adjusting will help. Seems to come from my wifes helmet rather than mine.

Aloha, Kelly
I'm not broke, just badly bent!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »

I've been using these for about 6 months now in two Nolan N102 helmets.  They work much better than stock, particularly the clarity of the helmet speakers, and the mic does work better as well.  But, to get the VOX to work easily, the setting must be about 1-3 bars away from open...when it's on this setting, and I wind my Rineharts up to anything over 4500 RPM, they will break the VOX and rattle in your ears.  I'm not sure if it's coming from the rear helmet or mine, but I have not found a way to totally eliminate it without makeing the VOX more difficult to use.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 06:30:57 PM »

And wow, what a difference from the stock headset. Much louder volume and the bass is good. With the stock headset, I just listened to the tunes through the speakers. Not any more.  :)

Just installed the Elite in my open face Shoei....Easy if you don't mind some cutting (once you start its REALLY easy :mango:)

Sound is awesome (real bass)...I will wait to upgrade the speakers now for sure.
Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.